Author Topic: street lamp light?  (Read 1666 times)

Offline Macruran

• desperate but not serious
  • Playmo Master
  • Hiya!
    • my incomplete collection spreadsheet
street lamp light?
« on: September 20, 2016, 03:17:45 »
The reissued Victorian street lamp was obviously originally designed to hold a working light. Is such a thing still available?
"We like things in little." - G. Stein  
 :roman:

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
Re: street lamp light?
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2016, 06:06:54 »
It will take an LED.  I have some photos for a planned review and I will post them today.
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline bogol

• Playmo Enthusiast
  • FOCKENBERGH AERKOSMO
    • @mplified ideas
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2016, 09:05:41 »
The original lamp came with a light and a battery compartment inside the pole. The re-issue was made without light on purpose; geobra said they wanted to keep costs low. Therefore you'll get original lamps only second-hand (or from storage finds in toy shops). In order to light up the new lamps you will need to customize them. Looking forward to playmofire's post.

Offline leefert

• Playmo Master
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2016, 11:18:56 »
It will take an LED.  I have some photos for a planned review and I will post them today.

Can't wait!
I'm glad that I'm not the only one :)

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2016, 14:03:28 »
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline Tiermann

• Playmo Master
  • Playmosaurus friendus
    • Animobil
« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2016, 17:41:50 »
The rules have changed for electrical gadgets since the lamp was originally made and to make it compliant would have cost more than would be reasonable. It's fairly expensive even for one that doesn't work. In the US the working ones go for around $30 but you can sometimes find one for a good price. The one working one I have was hidden in a box lot that I got for a good price.

Offline Oliver

• Playmo Addict
« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2016, 21:28:26 »
Depending why you want it, you could use G Scale street lights for railways. I got lucky and bought 3 of them in a charity shop, and they're about the right scale for Playmobil and are even green like the originals. You can pick them up on E-Bay.