Author Topic: from what material are pm carpets made?  (Read 3593 times)

Offline playmo1989

• Playmo Master
Re: from what material are pm carpets made?
« Reply #10 on: June 14, 2011, 19:10:08 »
:hmm:

:lol: :lol: :lol: i meant if it's written the same way ..  ;)
The spirits rule !!!!

Offline tonguello

• Playmo Master
    • tonguello
« Reply #11 on: June 14, 2011, 23:09:16 »
If it's the same as the curtains, would that be felt, I guess? I don't have a mansion, so I haven't actually seen the curtains in person, but they look like felt?

well...I don't know what felt is.  :-[
But is sounds as it is the same.
...“But waiting can’t be bad, for plastic men, as I have learnt, are made to wait when playing's done”...
Check my blog: www.funfanphotoys.tumblr.com

Offline bonniebeth

• playmo zoo architect
  • Playmo Guru
    • my youtube channel
« Reply #12 on: June 14, 2011, 23:27:23 »
Is it kind of like a fuzzy fabric? Maybe someone in the US who has the mansion can confirm whether the curtains are felt. Then we'll know if we're talking about the same thing.
My playmobil zoo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-0grq9acog
In the end, we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. We will understand only what we are taught.

Offline Sir Pleamo

• Playmo Fanatic
« Reply #13 on: June 15, 2011, 01:34:49 »
does anyone know from what material they are made of?  :hmm:

I'm not really sure but I guess it is something like Vlies. It is a waterresistent fabric. I use BasicVlies by Erfurt for all my sails and Carpets. It works brilliant! It is tearproof and stable (so you can cut very clear lines), waterproof as I already said and it looks really like that one from Geobra... and the best: IT IS PERFECTLY PRINTABLE! As a sketchy example I have attached some sails made of this product, printed and cuted (btw, if someone needs a template for printing a sail, I can send you mine...)
« Last Edit: June 15, 2011, 01:45:38 by Sir Pleamo »

Offline playmo1989

• Playmo Master
« Reply #14 on: June 15, 2011, 01:47:26 »
I'm not really sure but I guess it is something like Vlies. It is a waterresistent fabric. I use BasicVlies by Erfurt for all my sails and Carpets. It works brilliant! It is tearproof and stable (so you can cut very clear lines), waterproof as I already said and it looks really like that one from Geobra... and the best: IT IS PERFECTLY PRINTABLE! As a sketchy example I have attached some sails made of this produced, printed and cuted (btw, if someone needs a template for printing a sail, I can send you mine...)

you made your owns sails with that ? they look identical !!  :o  it should be this material then  :) does it feel the same in touch?
The spirits rule !!!!

Offline basilsdad

• Playmo Master
« Reply #15 on: June 15, 2011, 01:51:07 »
Beautiful job on the sails, Sir Pleamo.  I have never heard of this product, will have to check and see if they sell a similar product here in the states.  ;D
Joe
"One cat just leads to another."
 - Ernest Hemingway

Offline Sir Pleamo

• Playmo Fanatic
« Reply #16 on: June 15, 2011, 01:51:59 »
you made your owns sails with that ? they look identical !!  :o  it should be this material then  :) does it feel the same in touch?

Yapp, as I said it works brilliant. Yes I really think this is some sort of what is used by PM, the only difference is, that the original sails are a little bit smoother!

Offline Wolf Knight

• Playmo Guru
« Reply #17 on: June 15, 2011, 11:13:34 »
Thank you for this info Sir Pleamo!!! I have a few ships in need of sails... now where can i get such material in my city...  :eh?:

Offline Wesley Myers

• Playmo Master
« Reply #18 on: June 19, 2011, 01:12:33 »
Doing a little bit of research online turns up that 'vlies' is German for fleece and Plano is from the Latin 'Planus' for "flat" so "vlies planos" is flat fleece.

Never heard of it.  Fleece is supposed to be made from sheep's wool.  As we have sheep on the farm I can assure you their wool is nothing like what these sails, rugs, etc are made with.

So, by searching I found this:

http://www.alibaba.com/showroom/flat-fleece-fabric.html

So, flat fleece fabric is what it would known as in English.  Most assuredly of the polyester kind.

Since you can specify certain weights when you order I am sure you really need to run to a fabric store of some repute to sample their wares.

Offline basilsdad

• Playmo Master
« Reply #19 on: June 19, 2011, 01:43:19 »
Thanks Wesley, will do, very good research!  ;)
Joe
"One cat just leads to another."
 - Ernest Hemingway