Author Topic: Steck - Alternate Reality  (Read 2040 times)

Offline starhorse

• Playmo Fanatic
Steck - Alternate Reality
« on: August 24, 2008, 19:10:47 »
Hi Everyone,

I'd like to suggest a new topic for discussion.  Consider for a moment that we are brought into an alternate reality.  One where everything is generally the same as it is now, but instead of switching the historical themes (such as Knights - Pirates - and Vikings) into system X, Playmobil has continued them on with the Steck system.  This would introduce many new Steck pieces, which we could use to make even more elaborate custom buildings and creations.

So continue imagining that we are in this alternate reality.  What kind of new Steck pieces would you hope to see introduced to the line?  Perhaps some ways to have non 90 degree angled corners?  New roof style pieces?  The possibilities are endless, so tell me what you would hope to see in this alternate reality.

Offline arab warrior

• Playmo Lover
Re: Steck - Alternate Reality
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2008, 20:13:23 »
Like you said the possibilities are endless, the sky is the limit on our imagination.
i would say for a start 30 or 45 degrees angles would  be perfect, larger (wider) roof parts would be a dream come true, but maybe smaller wall pieces, like a quarter size of the normal ones would be very useful.
Stained glass, taller windows, brick walls, plastered walls, etc etc......

Rob

Offline starhorse

• Playmo Fanatic
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2008, 20:42:57 »
Yes, those are all very good suggestions. 

I would also like to see some stone or brick flooring options.  Not all castle walls had wood plank flooring, so it would be nice to have some other options.

Offline Indianna

• Playmo Detective
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2008, 16:36:25 »
I like the way you think, starhorse!   :yup:

Off the top of my head, I would hope to see:

- 4-way wall connectors in all wall styles & colors
 - blank timbered walls (no windows or doors, as in some of the really old sets, such as the bakery mentioned below)
 - all parts in various colors, i.e. stone walls in black (already done in a limited way with set 5725), white, sand, etc.
 - more types of buildings with unique features (such as the big window in the old bakery set 3441), and the balcony in some old castle sets such as set 3445)

Still thinking . . . .

P.S.  Sorry for not putting in links - too frustrating - will someone please remind me how to link to playmodb?  I have forgotten the trick.  Thanks!

-  Anne

P.P.S.  I came back and put the links in - see explanation below.   :)
« Last Edit: August 25, 2008, 17:48:05 by Indianna »
U.S.A.      Massachusetts

Offline starhorse

• Playmo Fanatic
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2008, 17:11:59 »
I think you're wanting to use the "hyperlink" button.  It's in the row of icons just above the smiley emoticons. 

You can then insert whatever URL you want to direct people to.  I believe it would look like this:
Code: [Select]
[url=http://playmodb.org]Page text[/url]
So just insert the correct URL after the "=" symbol.  And then add any text you want to display as the link on the page in between the two URL tags. 

I hope that helps.  I don't think I'm all that great at writing detailed instructions  ;)
« Last Edit: August 25, 2008, 17:17:25 by starhorse »

Offline Indianna

• Playmo Detective
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2008, 17:22:52 »
Thanks, starhorse, but that's not the problem.  Heather has set up Playmodb so that links don't work unless you know the "secret" and that's what I can't remember. 

- Anne

Offline Indianna

• Playmo Detective
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2008, 17:46:28 »
OK, so I stopped being lazy and did some searching through Heather's old posts and found the one that I was thinking of: 

I do like you, I do!  I just DON'T like ebay sellers including my set pictures in their auctions and using up all my bandwidth, so I had to disallow direct links.  Sorry!  Link to the set page, and everyone's happy.  I even give you the code to paste, since I like you so much. . . .