Author Topic: Old Playmobil catalogues  (Read 60059 times)

Offline sbblabotw

• Mistress of PlaymoDB
  • Playmo Addict
    • PlaymoDB ... the UNOFFICIAL online database for Playmobil® toys
Re: Old Playmobil catalogues
« Reply #20 on: February 25, 2008, 03:23:37 »
I'd love to see more DS catalogues, from anywhere in the world... there are lots of resources for information on standard sets, but few on add-ons.  I have in PlaymoDB, let's see, 541 sets with 7xxx numbers, which means, logically, that there are, or will be, 459 sets I'm missing (grits teeth)!  Only the most recent of that 541 have nice pictures, either, which is often the only clue to a set's contents as there are rarely instructions.
PlaymoDB.org has catalogued over FIFTY-FIVE THOUSAND parts in more than 6100 sets. Come and visit to find any set or part numbers you need to know!

Offline LHAAP

• Playmo Lover
« Reply #21 on: February 25, 2008, 15:44:53 »
I'd love to see more DS catalogues, from anywhere in the world...

What a great idea :) I searched in my collection and found a French DS catalogue from the year 1992. More catalogues follow later...

Offline LHAAP

• Playmo Lover
« Reply #22 on: February 25, 2008, 16:17:37 »
Here comes one more catalogue: DS, France, the year is 1994...

The coin in each pic is there to hold the pages down - if it wasn't there they would flip up all the time :lol:

Offline LHAAP

• Playmo Lover
« Reply #23 on: February 25, 2008, 17:46:52 »
Today's last catalogue is a wonderful one from unknown year. In it you will find the big special sets for kindergartens and preschools.

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #24 on: February 25, 2008, 17:54:37 »
Thank you for posting these pictures . As soon as i get my camera back i will try to find the few i have in the US .

Looking at all those old add on sets makes me wish i had more of the particular sets . It is strange to think that this is 14 years old and the catalogs we have now will be admired in 2022 the same way . I better go and buy some more sets to avoid any regret issues :P
If you hear the sound of the bell which will tell you that Grigori has been killed, if it was your relations who have wrought my death, then no one in the family will remain alive. They will be killed by the Russian people. :prays:

Offline sbblabotw

• Mistress of PlaymoDB
  • Playmo Addict
    • PlaymoDB ... the UNOFFICIAL online database for Playmobil® toys
« Reply #25 on: February 26, 2008, 00:41:50 »
Thanks very much, LHAPP!  I already see some add-on sets I don't have recorded.  I'll be making note of the French set names, too, for some future possible multi-lingual purpose.  I love the covers and incidental art, my favourite being the postman delivering the big box!
PlaymoDB.org has catalogued over FIFTY-FIVE THOUSAND parts in more than 6100 sets. Come and visit to find any set or part numbers you need to know!

Offline Tiermann

• Playmo Master
  • Playmosaurus friendus
    • Animobil
« Reply #26 on: February 27, 2008, 05:12:11 »
The DS Catalogs are very helpful, thanks for posting them.
I think I can pull together 74 Francs if anyone has an extra 7104 laying around...  >:D

Offline CountBogro

• desperate poet
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #27 on: February 27, 2008, 06:21:27 »
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRGH - I HATE THIS !!!

All those sets that I want, but probably never have !!!

But at least now I know what I have been missing all along  :-[ :'(

Bogro
... and then dusk came and brought despair.

Offline Tiermann

• Playmo Master
  • Playmosaurus friendus
    • Animobil
« Reply #28 on: February 27, 2008, 16:01:49 »
My feelings exactly. The trick now if to figure out which ones you will feel that way about 10 years from now and get them before it's too late.

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
« Reply #29 on: February 27, 2008, 16:21:17 »
Thank you for all your work in posting the catalogues, LHAPP, they really are very interesting, especially from the point of view of how long some items have been around.  The 7301 farm trailer tank shown in the 1992 French DS catalogue only disppeared from the UK DS catalogue this year if I remember rightly, last year at the earliest, so it's been around for at least 15 or 16 years.  PM certainly covered the cost of the moulds on that one!
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”