General > Report & Review

WORST SET EVER?

(1/10) > >>

Richard:

WORST SET EVER?

This is sort of a review ...

Actually, it's probably much more of a review than it really deserves.

Because, in my opinion, this is one of the worst things that's ever been produced by Playmobil ... :(

So, the intelligent question would be ... "If it's so horrible, why did I buy it?"

Because, (again in my opinion) this set has one piece that is very nice in its design and versatility.

This piece has been utilized in the attached photos. And, for those of you who like a bit of a challenge, what's the piece and which set did it come from?

(click on images for larger photos)

Clue: So, far there have been three similar but different sets issued containing this piece. (A European version, an American version and a Direct Service "Add-Ons" version.)

After everyone has had some fun identifying the "piece," we'll continue with the review. And, then we can argue and/or agree aboiut the merits and demerits of this Playmobil product.

Sylvia:

Hmmm... is it the "magic tree" which first came in set 3897?

It seems a little bit out of place combined with those other pieces, and I almost didn't notice it because of all the different landscape and foliage pieces around it.

What's so bad about this set, then?

I can see a lot of it has been recycled, like the safari station building and the jungle theme figures for example, but that doesn't seem a good enough reason to hate it. :P

Gustavo:
Hi Richard!

Once you said that you disliked the banana tree ... Therefore, you bought it because of the gorilla (3039) ::) !

Do I get the candy? ;D

G.
:blackhair:

Indianna:
Is it the four way connector, which I believe is the only four way connector for Steck based pieces?

Click on this blue writing to see it at Heather's Playmodb

The same piece appeared under a different part number in the three sets 3433 Safari Station (European), 4305 Freight Terminal (American), and 7400 Safari Add-on set (Direct service add-on) all of which can be seen together in this page at Playmodb.

LHAAP:

--- Quote from: Sylvia on July 13, 2008, 17:31:44 ---Hmmm... is it the "magic tree" which first came in set 3897?

--- End quote ---

That's a very good guess, Sylvia.
The tree is not my favourite, but I like the other parts - especially the "green man" :lol:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version