Author Topic: IDEA: asking adult celebrities to appear in advertising campaigns  (Read 2949 times)

Offline playmo1989

• Playmo Master
Re: IDEA: asking adult celebrities to appear in advertising campaigns
« Reply #10 on: September 29, 2011, 03:30:55 »
She might fit right in with the circus theme.  :)

even if this seemed funny ,she is a true talent  :D
The spirits rule !!!!

Offline Luis

• Playmo Master
« Reply #11 on: September 29, 2011, 15:43:07 »
Cachalote, are those officially released figures or customs?

Lego is well known for licesing too much - do we want Playmobil to become that? ???
Enjoy the elegance and fun of 1900 with The Victorians photo story! :gent: ;D :sherlock:

Offline Bolingbroke

• Playmo Master
« Reply #12 on: September 29, 2011, 15:46:42 »
Interesting idea. I doubt kids would be impressed by Sir Roger Moore - an old guy with dyed hair and botoxed face: they're too old to remember him as 007.

But they could get bona fide fans - I heard that whatsisname, the famous Spanish footballer is a massive PM fan - to do the adverts and endorese stuff. Children would be more impressed by somebody they actually know about.
"Company, villanous company, hath been the spoil of me."

Offline bonniebeth

• playmo zoo architect
  • Playmo Guru
    • my youtube channel
« Reply #13 on: September 29, 2011, 16:25:58 »
Yeah, an actual celebrity fan would be cool. Or even just a celeb who buys it for their kid. Can you imagine if Tom Cruise and Katie Holmes said that they bought playmobil for Suri? :lol:
My playmobil zoo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-0grq9acog
In the end, we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. We will understand only what we are taught.

Offline Bolingbroke

• Playmo Master
« Reply #14 on: September 29, 2011, 18:16:53 »
http://www.rtve.es/alacarta/videos/programa/iniesta-regalo-reyes-antes-del-balon-oro/981756/

The player I was talking about - now I remember - is Andres Iniesta.
"Company, villanous company, hath been the spoil of me."

Offline Rhalius

• Playmo Master
« Reply #15 on: September 29, 2011, 19:27:42 »
Maybe they should get Dan Castalaneta for the commercial. It doesnt matter if kids know him or not, he could voice a hundred clickies differently and proffesionaly.

Might be something to think about at least. If the actor or actress can provide interesting voices for the clickies seen in the commercial, that would appeal to children while knowing who it is would appeal to the parents.

Dan isnt that well known for his appearance though, just for his voices on the simpsons (homer and lots of other characters such as Krusty, grandpa, groundskeeper willie and mayor quimby. )

Mark Hamill however, is well known to adults and is also a proffesional voice actor. Considering his career is not that great anymore he might not ask as much since it could be great publicity that advertizes his vocal skills.

Offline Luis

• Playmo Master
« Reply #16 on: September 29, 2011, 19:50:11 »
i think a company whose main audience are kids is always very cautious about who they pick to advertise their products or services - look at Disney or Nickelodeon for instance...the latter had Jamie L. Spears on a tv show called Zoe and then she turned out pregnant at age 17 :hmm: :lol:

i would give a second thought about using celebrities if i were a toy company - kids/teenage celebrities grow eventually, and they're human who makes mistakes too, but those mistakes become errors when they're on the spotlight and image-wise that's not good for any company...
Enjoy the elegance and fun of 1900 with The Victorians photo story! :gent: ;D :sherlock:

Offline Rhalius

• Playmo Master
« Reply #17 on: September 29, 2011, 20:05:43 »
True, thats why its better to ask adult celeberties for such a thing. Those that are known to be family people who stayed with their partner for quite some time.