Author Topic: Middle Eastern medieval theme.  (Read 3252 times)

Offline Rhalius

• Playmo Master
Middle Eastern medieval theme.
« on: February 06, 2012, 20:38:01 »
While the crusades would prove to be too controversial for a theme, I don't see reason why they should not release a medieval batch in a middle eastern style for a change. That way the crusades could be played out if one wishes to, but Geobra would not be suggesting or portraying it.

So.. on to the sets.

-Castle.
Let's not argue the system used for it, but more its looks. It would be quite a change from the usual, being in a middle eastern style. The gate house could be large and square with a porticulis. The color of the walls could be a yellow/brown tint as is usual in this region. There could be a breakable wall and perhaps two small towers with the gate house functioning as somewhat of a larger tower, with room for archers or a ballista on the roof.
The living compartment could be medium sized with two rooms. One with a few beds, and the other having a table and two benches.
Included clickies: a nobleman and a noblewoman, two archers, a captain with horse, a guard with spear, and a servant.

-Bazaar.
A set consisting out of several small market stands with various exotic goods. Some with food, others with trinkets such as a (magic) lamp, scrolls, bottles, etc.
It could give a lot of play opportunities with clickies finding a treasure map, magic lamp or sliced bread.
Included clickies: four merchants (one for each stand) and a woman with child.

-Sultan's court.
Pretty much a middle eastern version of the 90's set of the fleur du lis king.
The set comes with a small podium and a comfortable seat for the fat grey bearded sultan.
Aside from his seat theres various cushions and a rug in this set and a waterpipe.
Included clickies: Sultan, two palace guards, servant with feather fan on a long stick, chained tiger, two veiled belly dancers.

-Ballista.
A realistic looking ballista with a rope or elastic that can be pulled back with a wrench to fire a realistic looking projectile (with soft tip)
Thus allowing a somewhat realistic ballista mechanism. Comes with a captain and two middle eastern soldiers.

-Middle eastern house.
An updated version of the egyptian house in a bit of a darker color. Instead of bandits, a middle eastern family could live here.
A man, woman with a baby and a dog or cat could live here. Various furniture and some food would be included as well, and a waterpipe.

-Fountain.
A beautifull fountain that can be used for a courtyard or town square.
Included clickies: friendly town guard and a woman with child and an urn.

-Oasis.
A desert encampment at an oasis with various palm trees.
Theres a medium sized tent with a waterpipe and various cushions, a small chest, some food and two camels with saddles.
Several small animals could be included too.
Included clickies: a guard and a male and female civilian clicky. Kind of portraying two traveling merchants with an armed guard to protect them.

-Watchtower.
A tower with three floors and a piece of wall next to it.
The roof of the tower has battlements and a flag standard, with a large flag.
The top floor is a prison with a bed, middle floor has a table and bench and the ground floor has a weapon rack and a large chest.
Included clickies: beautifull princess to put in the prison, two mean looking soldiers, a mean looking leader of the soldiers and a brave hero on horseback to come and resque the princess.

-henchmen.
An expansion for the watchtower, consisting out of three mean looking soldiers on horseback armed with various weaponry. One horse could be armored with a heavier armored soldier on its back.

-Guards.
An army building set consisting out of two archers, two spearmen and a captain on an armored horse.

-Snake charmer.
Kind of a redone version of the old snake charmer for the circus, this time without magic rope but just a snake charmer with his flute, a basket with a snake, a rug and a little girl with a long skirt who could either be seen as an observer or daughter of the snake charmer.

-Related specials.
Some ideas for related special+ sets (since normal are discontinued)
A belly dancer with a musician, treasure keeper with lecturn and small treasure chest, armored soldier on horseback with various weapons, jannisary with arsenal.

-Superset.
Palace garden. Comes with a fountain, flowers, two small trees, a birdcage with several birds, a princess and child prince, a servant and a tiger.

Offline Justindo

• Playmo Master
Re: Middle Eastern medieval theme.
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2012, 06:47:46 »
That sounds like a nice group of sets that could be used for a variety of themes.  I'd definitely buy at least one of each. :)9
:egypt: :roman: :viking: :knight: :arrr: :indian: :cowboy:

Offline Giorginetto

• Playmo Master
  • Playmobil Aficionado
    • TheGiorginetto channel
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2012, 09:02:46 »
Rhaliou should work in the creative department / new product development of Playmobil with all those ideas presented here and elsewhere.

and i am sure Rhalious would bring back  Nurembrg guards, in shiny proper armour with boots  ;D ;D ;D
:knight: Steck is Holy . Bring back more steck sets and its guardians , the Nuremberg Guards :knight:

Offline Rhalius

• Playmo Master
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2012, 12:06:09 »
I would yes.  ;) Seems perfect for the 40 years anniversary.

Still plenty of ideas to write down, for this theme a bit of an "Arabian nights" vibe seems best to me, something that would appeal to the western market and the middle east without offending either.

I did like the few sets in this style that where released under fantasy, sadly it did not match with anything else so I never bought any.

Offline Luis

• Playmo Master
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2012, 01:22:13 »
I love the middle east architecture, music and clothing - an ancient pm version of it would be awesome
Enjoy the elegance and fun of 1900 with The Victorians photo story! :gent: ;D :sherlock:

Offline Rhalius

• Playmo Master
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2012, 08:30:45 »
Definatly, it would allow for a good mix of old and new parts to be used and if they do it right it could appeal just as much to boys as to girls.

Offline PlaymoFrankJon

• Playmo Fanatic
« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2012, 17:18:29 »
 I wish you workerd @ The Playmobil creative department / new product development  ;D , i would buy al of yours to use in my castle  :P

Offline Rhalius

• Playmo Master
« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2012, 18:48:46 »
I'd wish I would work there too, its near impossible to land such a dream job though.  :)

Offline PlaymoFrankJon

• Playmo Fanatic
« Reply #8 on: April 06, 2012, 18:50:00 »
Indeed , but we can always play a coup on Playmobil with Playmo friends ;D

Offline Pynedor

• Playmo Master
« Reply #9 on: April 06, 2012, 19:14:42 »
Indeed , but we can always play a coup on Playmobil with Playmo friends ;D
:lol: I think they do listen to some ideas though.
~Pynedor~