Author Topic: Playmobil Collector  (Read 6859 times)

Offline Bolingbroke

• Playmo Master
Playmobil Collector
« on: September 10, 2010, 09:41:22 »
Is this book worth buying? I'm trying to find pictures of its contents - like the Amazon 'Look Inside' facility, but I can't  :'(

Does it list every set, and give a list of its contents, a la Playmodb?
"Company, villanous company, hath been the spoil of me."

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
Re: Playmobil Collector
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2010, 10:03:04 »
It is worth buying.  It lists, with a small picture of the box every set, year by year.  Not every set is necessarily there because Axel, the compiler, may not have been able to trace every set.  The book also lists licensed items, keyrings, puzzles and other Playmobil related items, including websites.  It does not list the parts for each set like playmoDB - it weighs 0.854kg already!
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline shirona33

• Playmo Lover
  • Tennessee Jack
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2010, 10:05:33 »
Is this book worth buying? I'm trying to find pictures of its contents - like the Amazon 'Look Inside' facility, but I can't  :'(

I bought the second edition and then also the third. If there'll be a fourth I'd also buy it!

Does it list every set,

Yes, each Set, any Country, all keychains, "Exklusive Set", marchandise products,.......

and give a list of its contents, a la Playmodb?

No, only a picture, date when it started to sell and scarcity value but not in Euro. One Klicky is not rare five klickys is very rare.

Always straight, always right!

The south will rise again!

Offline shirona33

• Playmo Lover
  • Tennessee Jack
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2010, 10:08:36 »
Not every set is necessarily there because Axel, the compiler, may not have been able to trace every set. 

Okay, lets say, there is any set, which Axel was able to make a picture of it. Some sets he got pics from collector's who have it. I think, there would not be many sets which are missing! ;)

Always straight, always right!

The south will rise again!

Offline sbblabotw

• Mistress of PlaymoDB
  • Playmo Addict
    • PlaymoDB ... the UNOFFICIAL online database for Playmobil® toys
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2010, 12:06:19 »
It doesn't have any of the 7000-series add-ons only available from DS, sadly. What is does have that PlaymoDB doesn't is a detailed chronology of when sets were released, and when their boxes were updated.  My copy is full of pencil notes pointing a set to its predecessor, successor or alternate version.
PlaymoDB.org has catalogued over FIFTY-FIVE THOUSAND parts in more than 6100 sets. Come and visit to find any set or part numbers you need to know!

Offline Wolf Knight

• Playmo Guru
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2010, 12:19:45 »
Its a great handbook to have!! Great manual!! Its certainly worth having!! I have both second and third edition!

Offline sweetking

• x Club Member*
  • Playmo Fanatic
« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2010, 12:42:43 »
I have first and third releases. Interesting books, despite sometime too small images.

Really usefull to identify a set number and know the rarity of the set you've found on a flea market.

Offline Coyote

• Playmo Lover
« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2010, 12:44:27 »
I have the first edition.  I love it.  Read it all the time still.  I really need to get a newer one though.
  Peoples Republic of Maine  :D

Offline Bolingbroke

• Playmo Master
« Reply #8 on: September 10, 2010, 12:58:02 »
What is does have that PlaymoDB doesn't is a detailed chronology of when sets were released, and when their boxes were updated. 

But the PM official site does give you a complete chronology of all the sets released before 2006, isn't that right?
"Company, villanous company, hath been the spoil of me."

Offline Elric

• Playmo Master
« Reply #9 on: September 10, 2010, 13:03:39 »
I have only been accumulating playmobil for a year now and recently bought the third addition collector book.  It's worth every penny. :)