Author Topic: I am MAD!! I just dove into a new theme PLAYMOBIL CARGO  (Read 6925 times)

Offline Salamander

• Playmo Addict
Re: I am MAD!! I just dove into a new theme PLAYMOBIL CARGO
« Reply #10 on: August 17, 2016, 17:52:16 »
Keep an eye on Craigslist and kijiji. I see lots of port stuff  etc on my local Craigslist.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2016, 17:57:36 by Salamander »

Offline Salamander

• Playmo Addict
« Reply #11 on: August 17, 2016, 17:59:23 »
Wow, there's a 5254 Crane for $15 Canadian on my local Craigslist!  8}

Offline The_Mad_Hadder

• Playmo Addict
« Reply #12 on: August 17, 2016, 18:01:30 »
You could also search for a LGB Toytrain container car.

Marco,

Thank you, however I rather stick with all playmobil where possible otherwise this would just be an LGB trainset with all the structures and not really belong on this forum. I am just not shelling out 100.00CAD for a flat bed rail car that only sold for 15 bucks not even 9 years ago. I have a bunch of playmobil 7522 flat cars I could use, but was hoping to go with the more colourfull 4126. Just have to see them as they pop up on ebay for cheap and snag them.

Cheers

James
"Begin at the beginning and go on till you come to the end; then stop." Lewis Carroll

Offline Iclaudius

• Playmo Fanatic
« Reply #13 on: August 18, 2016, 04:39:23 »
Your enthusiasm is awesome!
Hope you will post photos of your display as you begin to build it so we can share your enjoyment in creating it.

If Playmobil had delivered every part you needed all in one go it wouldn't have given you the same satisfaction as you will have in tracking down the elusive parts you need. Collecting and adding each piece to the whole is much more fun. I hope all your bids are successful!

Offline The_Mad_Hadder

• Playmo Addict
« Reply #14 on: August 19, 2016, 16:10:05 »
Your enthusiasm is awesome!
Hope you will post photos of your display as you begin to build it so we can share your enjoyment in creating it.

If Playmobil had delivered every part you needed all in one go it wouldn't have given you the same satisfaction as you will have in tracking down the elusive parts you need. Collecting and adding each piece to the whole is much more fun. I hope all your bids are successful!

Sometimes it is enjoyable like when I am hunting down missing sets from the Western theme, but for this I would have rather been able to buy everything from Playombil at cost rather and have the items now. I get that 100.00 for a rail car is not really that bad, but I do not need the box and I do not need it to be in unused condition so I rather find them in the 10-20 dollar a piece range.

I will be able to set up most of this display and then just add the 3 cranes and about 5 to 6 rail cars as I come across them at the price I am willing to spend.

"Begin at the beginning and go on till you come to the end; then stop." Lewis Carroll

Offline The_Mad_Hadder

• Playmo Addict
« Reply #15 on: September 14, 2016, 15:39:51 »
It has been a bit since my last update. In that time I have been able to acquire 3 of the red container cars and 1 of the yellow ones. Have been getting them from Germany for about 40-45 CAD a piece, but they are in really good condition.

Still on the hunt for more. Also I was able to get one crane from set 4085 that is currently being shipped to me. So one down and 2 more to go.

The containers that I ordered over a month ago from Playmobil.ca that had to be shipped direct from Germany have still not arrived, hence the empty rail cars...

Things do appear to be coming along nicely now though and bit by bit we chip away at it until it will be done.

Cheers,
James

Offline The_Mad_Hadder

• Playmo Addict
« Reply #16 on: November 17, 2016, 14:04:43 »
It has been awhile since my last post on this top, but finding rail cars that have been out of manufacturing for 10 years poses an issues. Since my last posting I have acquired 12 more flatbed cars. I have also picked up two cranes.

Do not fear, right now they are set up on top of a filing cabnet, but they will be moved to a proper display table soon enough.

As for the containers I had ordered back in August/September, well the order never got placed on Playmobils end. Due to the change in DS parts being shipped from Germany direct now, there was some confusion. So after the past two weeks of phone tag with the parts department, the order was finally processed yesterday and my CC has been billed. I have been told that the items should be arriving in the next two weeks.

More updates to follow.

Offline The_Mad_Hadder

• Playmo Addict
« Reply #17 on: November 23, 2016, 21:16:45 »
So a few boxes showed up today...

So many containers, so little time  ;D

Also of note, the PM Cargo containers are made in Czech Republic and not Germany. The Green containers have thinner walls and as such are not as stiff or sturdy as their blue or orange counterparts. As such  I would advise against buying these if there intended use is by children.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2016, 21:39:25 by The_Mad_Hadder »

Offline The_Mad_Hadder

• Playmo Addict
« Reply #18 on: November 23, 2016, 21:24:41 »
I had some time today to put a few of these containers together and place them on the rail cars. They really look sharp, would like PM to make some yellow and grey ones of this size. I think now that I have opened most of these sets, maybe this thread should be moved to trains or dioramas, not that I mind it here.

As always enjoy,

James
« Last Edit: November 24, 2016, 02:19:31 by The_Mad_Hadder »

Offline Tiermann

• Playmo Master
  • Playmosaurus friendus
    • Animobil
« Reply #19 on: November 23, 2016, 23:29:41 »
Looking great! Interesting the containers are of different weights of plastic. It looks like the mold is the same?? Must be something to do with the pellets they are using.