Author Topic: OK, who greased the handrail on my slippery slope?  (Read 1800 times)

Offline Alison01326

• formerly known as "Bad Mum!"
  • Playmo Lover
Re: OK, who greased the handrail on my slippery slope?
« Reply #10 on: May 09, 2011, 22:06:07 »
She needs to 'fess up to her little one about all of the other items she's still hiding in her loft! :lol:
She'll have to change her forum name if she does  :lol:

I can understand your love/hate logic when it comes to winning at auctions. Enjoy your new haul with your little one  :woohoo:
Oh, I will.  The great thing is that he really appreciates what he gets, even if he does get more, and more often, than other children. He already realises that we are collectors and that the Playmobil we have is for us to share as a family and for him to play with with his children and grandchildren (heaven forbid, but I suppose it will happen one day  :o)  He reacts differently to it than to his other toys.

He already knows about the first EBay win of the night because he walked in on me and saw what I was doing. He also knows that he won't be seeing it when it arrives.

He knows that there's Playmobil in the loft, just not what there is or how much there is!!!! Not sure that I do now.

I introduce odd bits and pieces to the collection when he is least expecting it, particularly after a period of good or thoughtful or helpful behaviour. It's not bribery, as I don't make him work towards it with the "if you are good you will get something from the loft". I just won't introduce anything new for a long time if he's playing up for a long time.

He was away this weekend with his best pal and his parents in their caravan. He's been to their house round the corner for one night, but this time he was away for two nights which was very odd for me (my husband was working so didn't really notice!) and reassured me on the phone that I would see him when he got home and to stop worrying!! Whilst he was away I set out a display of all his camping Playmobil and introduced the bread van, swings, the caravan and a Smart car to the display. He was so excited about the new additions that he took the caravan to bed with him but was up at the crack of dawn and back downstairs organising his little Playmo family. 

Offline skypurr

• Crafty Klicky
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #11 on: May 09, 2011, 22:33:06 »
Awww, he's so sweet Alison - and so grown up, telling you not to worry while he was away  :)
I miss not playing with both my boys with Playmobil a lot of the time.
James still likes to see what I've bought and I can trust him to accompany me to my favourite toy store and egg me on to buy new sets and he still likes to use Playmo to make film premieres and pop concerts, but I'm afraid that Junior has suddenly turned into a typical teenager, glued to his laptop or dsi and apart from occasional lapses when he emits the odd grunt that I presume means "It's OK" when I show him any new Playmo he doesn't seem very interested at the moment  :'(
Wonder how long before he becomes human again?

Elaine

A house is not a home without a cat (or two).

Offline bonniebeth

• playmo zoo architect
  • Playmo Guru
    • my youtube channel
« Reply #12 on: May 10, 2011, 00:39:49 »
@ Elaine: even the greatest of people often go through this phase. Don't worry, somewhere deep inside, I'm sure playmobil is still very special to him, even though he feels like he can't admit it right now. He'll be himself again in a few years, and may even go back to collecting with you!

Alison, congratulations on your tremendous tumble! It's such a guilty pleasure, isn't it, to buy all that when you weren't really planning on it? Sounds like a great haul, have fun with it!
My playmobil zoo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-0grq9acog
In the end, we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. We will understand only what we are taught.

Offline Playmoholics

• Playmo Master
« Reply #13 on: May 10, 2011, 01:05:17 »
Yes, it sounds like lots of fun. Congrats  :wave:
Don’t ask what the world needs. Ask what makes you come alive and go do it. Because what the world needs is more people who have come alive – Howard Thurman.
I need Playmobil! 

Offline Giorginetto

• Playmo Master
  • Playmobil Aficionado
    • TheGiorginetto channel
« Reply #14 on: May 10, 2011, 12:47:08 »
Well done on your purchases , i advice and hope you buy much much more  playmos !!!!!!!!!!

In fact,  this way i  will feel also a bity better about my recent crazy buys and after all by bying more you will be doing therefore a good deed ...  0) 0) 0) 0)
:knight: Steck is Holy . Bring back more steck sets and its guardians , the Nuremberg Guards :knight: