Author Topic: Photos of our collection - part 2  (Read 1766 times)

Offline Alison01326

• formerly known as "Bad Mum!"
  • Playmo Lover
Photos of our collection - part 2
« on: February 07, 2011, 23:29:18 »
Some more of our collection, including the very first display I made in October 2008 when we acquired our first item of Playmobil (the 3495 camper).  As most of our collection gets put away every night, the photos will be coming in dribs and drabs as and when we make another display.

Once again, please click on the picture to see the larger version.

Offline Playmoholics

• Playmo Master
Re: Photos of our collection - part 2
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2011, 23:32:11 »
Very cool  :)9 It looks like you have a wonderful collection  :clap: I love the camper  :love:
Don’t ask what the world needs. Ask what makes you come alive and go do it. Because what the world needs is more people who have come alive – Howard Thurman.
I need Playmobil! 

Offline el jefe

• Playmo Addict
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2011, 23:41:30 »
Nice Pics.  I really like how much is going on in the last one.  Like the kids swordfighting and the kid up in the tree.  ;D
One question though, why is Franks closed?  Seems like he could be making some serious bank selling hotdogs to all the people. 

Offline bonniebeth

• playmo zoo architect
  • Playmo Guru
    • my youtube channel
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2011, 23:59:23 »
Oh, you have some nice stuff there! Franky's Diner is rather hard to find these days. Thanks for showing us!
My playmobil zoo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-0grq9acog
In the end, we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. We will understand only what we are taught.

Offline Alison01326

• Playmo Lover
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2011, 00:08:57 »
One question though, why is Franks closed?  Seems like he could be making some serious bank selling hotdogs to all the people. 
He is on holiday because it's February and there isn't much business at this time of year. It was a rare sunny day today.

No coincidence then that the coffee bar at the park which we usually go to is closed at the moment while the owner has gone somewhere warmer for a couple of weeks.

Offline skypurr

• Crafty Klicky
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2011, 01:25:12 »
You do have some great things, I love your park scene  :clap:
The one with the motorbike being repaired interested me - I think I have the piece the bike is on, it came in with some spares and although I thought it was from a garage set of some sort I wasn't sure what.  I  use mine now - when I find it again!  :thanks:

Elaine
          A house is not a home without a cat (or two).

Offline Wolf Knight

• Playmo Guru
« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2011, 06:19:26 »
Oh....Franky's was one of my favourite sets as a kid... I have it stashed...somewhere in the playmoden...

Great pics!! Thanks for sharing again!!!
« Last Edit: February 08, 2011, 18:21:23 by Wolf Knight »

Offline Dinobuzz

• Playmo Fanatic
« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2011, 14:24:47 »
Great collection you guys have there!

I'm curious though BadMum, in your siggie, you seem to no favour the PM trees, may I ask why? LOL! I just acquired 3 sets of the Fir/Evergreen trees and now I'm curious, what's going with PM trees?   ;)

Offline Alison01326

• Playmo Lover
« Reply #8 on: February 08, 2011, 15:42:51 »
Great collection you guys have there!

I'm curious though BadMum, in your siggie, you seem to no favour the PM trees, may I ask why? LOL! I just acquired 3 sets of the Fir/Evergreen trees and now I'm curious, what's going with PM trees?   ;)
I answered the tree issue one somewhere else. There is one type of tree (not the fir) which falls apart every time I pick it up. I changed my signature from "I hate trees" to something a bit more descriptive. I have to put everything away every night after my son has gone to bed and the type of tree to the right of Franky's diner in the park photo always ends up in bits. I think I will hide them all so that he can't use them. The other trees hold together beautifully. No problems there.

Offline Alison01326

• Playmo Lover
« Reply #9 on: February 08, 2011, 15:50:18 »
You do have some great things, I love your park scene  :clap:
The one with the motorbike being repaired interested me - I think I have the piece the bike is on, it came in with some spares and although I thought it was from a garage set of some sort I wasn't sure what.  I  use mine now - when I find it again!  :thanks:

Elaine
The bike lift came from the 7398 Garage Accessories set from Playmobil Direct (ie in a plastic bag). My son thinks that Playmobil put things in plastic bags so that Father Christmas has more room on his sleigh  :-[

Thanks for the compliments everyone - it's my five year old that thinks up and puts together the displays. I just do the fetching and carrying and putting everything away (and, of course, the purchasing). He's looking forward to the time when I've made some more room in the house and we get some dedicated shelf space for the displays and then he can find out what I've squirreled in the loft.