Author Topic: My old Klickies  (Read 2758 times)

Offline AndrewL

• Playmo Lover
My old Klickies
« on: July 24, 2009, 10:31:12 »
Hi All.

In welcoming me to the forum, Martin Milner (hi Martin  :wave:) asked whether I had any pictures of the old Klickies I mentioned in my introduction. Strangely enough, yes. I do get very slight pangs of nostalgia looking at them, but I do much prefer the more 'modern' figures (with moveable hands). Anyway, here they are...

Enjoy, and cheers,

AndrewL

Offline AndrewL

• Playmo Lover
Re: My old Klickies
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2009, 10:32:24 »
Some more pictures...

Offline AndrewL

• Playmo Lover
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2009, 10:33:28 »
And some more...

Offline AndrewL

• Playmo Lover
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2009, 10:34:04 »
Last one...

Offline Bill Blackhurst

• Playmo Master
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2009, 12:53:33 »
EXCELLENT vintage collection Andrew  :wow:! Thank you for sharing   :camera:! I'm especially jealous of your firefighter collection  :-[!
  Forget about all of the other stuff,....all we need is the reintroduction of the 3526 Fire Engine!

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2009, 13:09:09 »
Many thanks for showing your collection, Andrew.  As Bill says, it is excellent.  It's funny that though the figures have stayed so true to the original design for 35 years there is something just that bit different about the early figures. 
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline playmovictorian

• Playmo Master
  • Happy Little Victorians
    • Playmovictorian
« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2009, 13:14:36 »
Thank you for bringing these childhood memories to people like me who played with the original ones  :wow: !!!

Karim ;)
La, tout n'est qu'ordre et beaute, luxe, calme et volupte. L'Invitation au Voyage. Charles Baudelaire.1857.

Offline Miguel

• Dom Miguel - O Deserdado
  • Playmo Enthusiast
« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2009, 13:51:20 »
wowwwww.... golden objects... I'm crazy about those......  ;D

Thank you for sharing, AndrewL!

It's very nice to know that you've kept them through the years!  :wave:

Offline Martin Milner

• Eugene, Oregon, USA
  • Playmo Master
    • An Englishman in Eugene
« Reply #8 on: July 25, 2009, 14:57:00 »
Thanks for a wonderful line up and a trip down memory lane, Andrew.

I only had the Cowboys & Indians when I was a lad, from your collection, plus some knights and consttruction workers.  My two favourite cowboys were one with white body/legs and red arms, and one with green body/legs and white arms. I think the pirates, soldiers etc. came after I was already too old to be given Playmobil for birthday and Christmas presents.

One thing I liked about the early sets were what they to the imagination like horses bridles and reins. They were not really necessary, but now they exist in modern sets of course you want them in.

What I hated were those cowboy hats that look the same back to front, because they had a toggle in the back that was supposed to line up with a notch in the figure's hair, but 99% of the time dug into the softer plastic, because you hadn't got it on quite straight or even back to front, and caused hair damage. Happily they soon realised the pointlessness of the toggles and notches and designed them out, but not before all my cowboys had really bad hat-hair.

Offline Gustavo

• Playmo Master
  • At your service
« Reply #9 on: July 25, 2009, 15:07:30 »
Nice! So have I grown up with these ... :yup:

Thanks for the pictures!

Gus
:blackhair:
Gus
:blackhair: