Author Topic: WJT from the grand stand  (Read 3293 times)

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
WJT from the grand stand
« on: January 14, 2011, 17:44:52 »
Hi

Seeing as I was not present at the time of the WJT inception I certainly see this as no reason to not be involved. In the true spirit of competitions I would like to offer to anybody, contestants and all the opportunity to do a little wagering  ;D I think each round for a specific group and on down the line to the final. It could start out simply with even odds .

come on don't be shy lets make this really interesting  :confetti: that could be Playmobil coins and not merely confetti you will be showered with

Rasputin "The Mad Monk"
« Last Edit: January 14, 2011, 19:41:51 by Rasputin »
If you hear the sound of the bell which will tell you that Grigori has been killed, if it was your relations who have wrought my death, then no one in the family will remain alive. They will be killed by the Russian people. :prays:

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
Re: WJT from the grand stand
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2011, 18:01:24 »
HI

My sea port market has been doing well (fire water has been selling quite nicely) so I have lots of coins  :confetti:

Rasputin "The Mad Monk"

If you hear the sound of the bell which will tell you that Grigori has been killed, if it was your relations who have wrought my death, then no one in the family will remain alive. They will be killed by the Russian people. :prays:

Offline el jefe

• Playmo Addict
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2011, 18:24:31 »
Hey Ras, love your seaport market. Fire water looks like a tasty beverage. :hmm:
 Is gambling legal in Winterhaven or would this be under the table? Wouldn't want to have a stint in the Winterhaven dungeon now would we?
It would be cool if we could create a bracket, ala march madness, for the tourny.  How would the betting work exactly? 

Offline Bill Blackhurst

• Playmo Master
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2011, 19:17:28 »
Would there not be required dice rolls to make things life like? Since real animals & humans are not being used, & it's not a virtual computer game how would an actual winner be determined, & then would it be accepted by the entire Playmofriends membership when in reality it's gambling?
  Forget about all of the other stuff,....all we need is the reintroduction of the 3526 Fire Engine!

Offline WarriorOfToys

• Wargaming Fanatic
  • Playmo Master
    • Come check out my Playmobil movies!
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2011, 19:33:11 »
Would we be gambling for actual playmo parts? ???
Or just pretend/"virtual" playmobil gold. ;)
Steck is BACK! <:>

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2011, 20:01:18 »
HI

Group System

The 32 competitors will be divided into 8 groups of 4. There will be 6 matches in each group after which the two competitors with the most victories will move to the single elimination rounds. If two or more competitors are tied for 2nd place the tie breakers will be as follows:

1)   Honor
2)   Point difference (points scores – points opponents scored)
3)   Result between the combatants

group A competitors 1,2,3,4
1 versus 2
1 versus 3
1 versus 4
2 versus 3
2 versus 4
3 versus 4

Now the two winners will move to elimination round consisting of how many rounds?

IN this area if I am not mistaken there will be over 54 betting opportunities  ( 6 matches times 8 groups + 6 (or more) elimination rounds )

at this point it will get down to 8 contestants

Knock Out Phase

There will be 4 rounds to the knock out phase; Round of 16, Quarter Finals, Semi Finals and Finals. People that competed in the same group are only able to face each other in the finals.

In this area the knock out phase I am not quite sure how they are organized so could some one with knowledge please show a graph to how it will be organized ?

I would prefer to wager with real goods but if this is a problem to the community than virtual money is fine :'(

Rasputin "The Mad Monk"

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2011, 02:10:51 »
Would there not be required dice rolls to make things life like? Since real animals & humans are not being used, & it's not a virtual computer game how would an actual winner be determined, & then would it be accepted by the entire Playmofriends membership when in reality it's gambling?

Hi Bill

It would just be betting on the luck of the rolls with simple  odds for the first rounds . If person A & B each bet $1. A on jouster #2 and they are up against say B who chose #3 in a match.  #2 are determined the winner of the match person A wins $2 .

Rasputin "The Mad Monk"

Offline Gis

• Playmo Master
  • Polar Bears are cool!
« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2011, 10:48:52 »
Thanks for participating and getting this going Ras. I had thought about this but it owuld involve more of my time so I was running the risk of doing to much.

There are 63 matches in total.

Each group has 6 matches and there are 8 groups so thats 48 matches in the group phase.

Top 2 in each group move to single elimination rounds.

Top 16 -> 8 matches, winner moves on

Top 8 -> 4 matches

Top 4 -> 2 matches

Final

I will be posting the first round TONIGHT (say in 10 hours or so!)

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #8 on: January 16, 2011, 15:51:26 »
HI

Yes thanks for the clarification but it would seem we do not have any gamblers in the crowd.

Do you have the list of who is matched against whom ?

Rasputin "The Mad Monk"

Offline Gis

• Playmo Master
  • Polar Bears are cool!
« Reply #9 on: January 16, 2011, 22:43:49 »
HI

Yes thanks for the clarification but it would seem we do not have any gamblers in the crowd.

Do you have the list of who is matched against whom ?

Rasputin "The Mad Monk"

They play against ALL other participants in their own group!

Lets take this to PM and discuss Ras...we could make something work for the round of 16 I am sure!!!