Author Topic: Super 4 Animated TV Series to start this Autumn 2014 in the UK & France !  (Read 23624 times)

Offline playmovictorian

• Playmo Master
  • Happy Little Victorians
    • Playmovictorian
Super 4 Animated TV Series to be broadcasted in the UK & France this Autumn 2014 !

Super 4 follows the adventures of four main characters, Alex the Knight, Ruby the Pirate, Agent Gene and Twinkle the Fairy, as they travel through different worlds inspired by the Playmobil universe !

PGS Entertainment Super 4 page

Link to the page  :) :

http://www.pgsentertainment.com/property/22/super-4/

52 épisodes x11’ | HD CGI - 3D | 4-8 years

Synopsis

Loved by kids and approved by parents, Playmobil makes it first foray into television with Super 4.
The series mixes kids' favorites universes such as knights, pirates, fairies and futuristic characters to take them on an incredible adventures, and all in groundbreaking CGI animation.

TBI Vision article dated 20/06/14

Link to the article  :) :

http://tbivision.com/news/2014/06/itv-buys-playmobil-kids-series/292282/

ITV buys Playmobil Series

ITV has acquired Super 4, the kids animated series based upon the Playmobil toy brand.

The UK commercial broadcaster will put the series out on its CiTV digital channel. The first 26x11mins will start later this year with a further 26x11mins scheduled for 2015.

The show is aimed at 5-to-9s and follows Alex the Knight, Ruby the Pirate, Agent Gene and Twinkle the Fairy, as they travel through Playmobil-inspired worlds. It is the first time the brand, which is owned by Germany’s Brandstätter Group, has featured in a TV show.

It is produced by France’s Method Animation and Germany’s Morgen Studios and distributed by PGS Entertainment. French pubcaster France Télévisions is the original commissioning broadcaster.

ITV’s content and commercial arm, ITV Studios Global Entertainment, will handle the associated consumer products programme in the UK.

CiTV will premiere the 52 episode series, while Playmobil will develop master toy range.

ITV Studios Global Entertainment has revealed new UK broadcast and master toy partners for its CGI comedy adventure series, Super 4.

Inspired by the popular toy brand, the series follows the signing of a partnership between ITVS GE and Playmobil.

Children’s UK terrestrial broadcaster, CiTV will premiere the 52 episode series aimed at five to nine year olds, with 26 episodes airing this year. This will be followed by the remaining 26 in 2015.

Super 4 follows the adventures of four main characters, Alex the Knight, Ruby the Pirate, Agent Gene and Twinkle the Fairy, as they travel through different worlds inspired by the Playmobil universe.

Playmobil is also on board as the master toy partner for the property and will launch its range of Super 4 Heroes and play-sets at UK retail in Q3 next year.

ITVS GE meanwhile, will develop a full UK consumer products programme and is currently searching for licensing partners in categories including publishing, periphery toys and games, apparel and accessories, gifting, home entertainment and stationery.

Trudi Hayward, SVP, head of global merchandising, ITVS GE, said: “Super 4 has received a fantastic response. With guaranteed terrestrial broadcast and a leading toy partner already on board for the UK, we are in the midst of building a strong consumer products programme for what promises to be an exciting new children’s TV property.

“The launch of this new series has been timed to coincide with the 40th anniversary celebrations of the Playmobil brand this year and we’re confident that it will resonate with consumers and retailers alike.”

Production Partners

Method Animation & Morgen studios
with the participation of France Télévisions

Broadcasters & HV Partners

France 

France 3 / LUDO

Italy & Latin America

The Cartoon Network

UK

ITV

Portugal

PANDA

Spain

NEOX Kidz

Belgium

RTBF

Finland

MTV3

Canada

Radio TV Canada

See you soon Alex, Ruby, Gene & Twinkle  :wave:

Karim :)
« Last Edit: July 02, 2014, 08:45:42 by playmovictorian »
La, tout n'est qu'ordre et beaute, luxe, calme et volupte. L'Invitation au Voyage. Charles Baudelaire.1857.

Online tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
Will need to look for it... For an ep, I mean. I'm not impressed with the "drawerings".

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
Thanks for all the news karim

I am not sure I like the look of the supposed klickies at all. All the building shots also do not reflect what geobra makes in sets. Is it playmobil because at the beginning it says so?

And who is the mascot under alex the female looking knights legs.
If you hear the sound of the bell which will tell you that Grigori has been killed, if it was your relations who have wrought my death, then no one in the family will remain alive. They will be killed by the Russian people. :prays:

Online tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
And who is the mascot under alex the female looking knights legs.

Forgot to inquire about that.... curious too.

Not sure if it's not around already. Didn't do a real search yet - saw some stuff on THAT site, but seemed spanish so...

Offline tonguello

• Playmo Master
    • tonguello
I've seen this on FB and I'll say the same here.

If you didn't tell me those were clickies I wouldn't have guessed.
They look like bad knock-off manga versions.  :(
...“But waiting can’t be bad, for plastic men, as I have learnt, are made to wait when playing's done”...
Check my blog: www.funfanphotoys.tumblr.com

Offline Lynx

• PlaymoChess
  • Playmo Addict
  • The Story Of Randolph * PlaymoChess
Maybe are those sets a preview for what we can expect next year. The idea is pretty good, a story which brings several themes together, regarding the four heroes. After all, they had to do something, the Lego movie is a success.
The problem is the not-klicky-like main characters, I agree. That should have been better.
RANDOLPH, a comic with Playmobil! Click for part: [1] [2] [3]

Offline Pynedor

• Playmo Master
Ah, wow. They are finally starting it! It will be interesting to see how it is received.
~Pynedor~

Offline playmovictorian

• Playmo Master
  • Happy Little Victorians
    • Playmovictorian

Alex the Knight, Ruby the Pirate, Agent Gene, Twinkle the Fairy. Together, they travel through five extraordinary islands: Technopolis, Kingsland, Enchanted Island, Gunpowder Island and a Lost World. They move through their multi-transformable vehicle, Chameleon...

Good evening dear Friends  :wave:

Following the luke warm reception from the online Playmo Forums community with regards to the global release of the Super 4 TV Series later this year, I have investigated the matter further and found out that this will not just be the launch of a classic Playmobil set or theme, but that the Animated TV Series will just be the starting point of a global release of a new line of figurines & playsets followed by a massive merchandising to hit our shelves worldwide throughout 2015 with products aimed at kids and adults alike including publishing, periphery toys and games, apparel and accessories, gifting, home entertainment, stationery, etc.

The strategy for the kids’ market will reflect the quality, durability and fun of the classic ranges and target high-end children’s product in categories such as publishing, apparel and accessories, giftware, home entertainment, stationery, FMCG and periphery toys and games. Retail outlets will target department stores, specialty and mid to high retail distribution, joining existing licensees Redan and Hallmark.

Trudi Hayward, SVP, head of global merchandising for ITVS GE, said: “This partnership marries three respected brand names from the worlds of children’s toys, digital gaming and entertainment. The strong appeal of Playmobil is driven by enduring brand values and in the expert hands of morgen studios and Method Animation, Super 4 is sure to build on and complement that legacy."

So it appears to me that the Super 4 TV Animated Series are initiating a brand new direction & adventure for the Playmobil brand and judging by the scheduled global launch, it is going to be more than just a talking point from this Autumn onwards  ;)

“Playmobil is a brand that translates to fun in all languages and in all cultures,” said Philippe Soutter, PGS Entertainment’s President and co-founder. “Cartoon Network is a great partner to us and this series is a perfect fit for their kids 5 to 9-year-old audience.”

Super 4 is a comedy adventure series produced in CGI native 3D that features four key characters: Alex the Knight, Ruby the Pirate, Agent Gene, Twinkle the Fairy. Together, they travel through five extraordinary islands: Technopolis, Kingsland, Enchanted Island, Gunpowder Island and a Lost World. They move through their multi-transformable vehicle, Chameleon. Each episode is an incredible challenge. This series marks the first time the 40-year-old children’s brand has come to television.

“Playmobil is a kid-friendly, parent-approved brand that’s been around for three generations,” said Cecilia Padula, Content Director at Cartoon Network, Italy. “The charm and imagination of the toyline has been beautifully translated to this series by Method and morgen. We think our viewers will be thrilled to see Playmobil’s world set in motion.”

Karim
La, tout n'est qu'ordre et beaute, luxe, calme et volupte. L'Invitation au Voyage. Charles Baudelaire.1857.

Offline tonguello

• Playmo Master
    • tonguello
are the four of them girls?  ???
...“But waiting can’t be bad, for plastic men, as I have learnt, are made to wait when playing's done”...
Check my blog: www.funfanphotoys.tumblr.com

Offline Indianna

• Playmo Detective
  • Playmo Master
The knight and agent are males and the fairy and pirate are females - it is hard to tell, but the girls have eyelashes.  ;)
I have a bad feeling about this  . . .
U.S.A.      Massachusetts