Author Topic: Woodland Theme  (Read 22313 times)

Offline Psyche

• Playmo Lover
  • Here's to 2006!
Re: Woodland Theme
« Reply #50 on: December 11, 2005, 06:44:05 »
And the other one is -- for sure -- for keeping away evil animals (e.g. the squirrels  ;)) from the furry critters ...

Ah, Jochen! Maybe you are a bit lost? ;)  This is a squirrel friendly site. :) :love:

Rocky is a tame fellow who lives in my front yard (and is terribly spoiled). When this was taken he was sharing lunch with a friend.  :)

Good news on the tranquilizer gun though! :D 
Um...if I say something you really don't want to hear, do you promise not to bite me?" - Willow, BTVS

Offline Little Jo

• Tool Master
  • Playmo Master
    • Little Jo's PlaymoWorld
« Reply #51 on: December 11, 2005, 08:46:58 »
Any answer on the question of what that furniture item is in the big house set?

Uh, sorry, didn't noticed that there was a question about some furniture (btw, any questions are welcome regarding these sets) ... Ok, I found it. Yes Tim, you're right. That's a gun rack with space for two guns. I didn't know, if this has already been in some other set (for me, it looks new; I only know the gun rack from the North States General which has -- as far as I remember -- space for four guns and has no lock).

Offline Little Jo

• Tool Master
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #52 on: December 11, 2005, 09:00:59 »
Ah, Jochen! Maybe you are a bit lost? ;)  This is a squirrel friendly site. :) :love:

Aehm, yes, could be. I've been away for quite awhile, seems that they have been re-educated  ;D (and to be honest, I never had understand why the evil appears in the body of a squirrel ... ok, yes if it has been a rabbit, especially a white, but a squirrel ...)

Your photo remindes of a trip to Montreal some years ago. It was round about Christmas/New Year  (icecold!) when a walked along on of the central roads and passed by a small park where dozens of squirrels has been sitting at the ground looking for some food (in the same way your photo shows).

Offline Little Jo

• Tool Master
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #53 on: December 11, 2005, 09:20:32 »
One thing I'm wondering with these sets:
I'm no biologist or animal expert, but could it be that the raccoon and badger are half/third that size of a beaver (cf. 3227) or same size as the skunks? I know, that PM does not always care about the exact scale, but I think in this case the difference in size is quite obvious. (Ok, in understand this with birds, because the songbirds should also be playable without a pair of tweezers, but larger animals?)

Offline Psyche

• Playmo Lover
  • Here's to 2006!
« Reply #54 on: December 11, 2005, 16:47:51 »
Fun facts for a Sunday morning... 8}

Raccoons Size: body:41 - 60 cm (16 - 23 1/2 in). Weight: 5.4 to 15.8 kg (12-35 lbs., 25 lbs.
average)

Badgers: The badger is a stocky animal, being about 750mm in length (30 inches).
The weight of an adult badger varies throughout the year - depending on how much fat it has laid down for the winter months. In spring an adult badger will have an average weight of  8 to 9 kg (17-19 lbs.)  rising to 11 to 12 kg (24-26.5 lbs.) in autumn.

Beavers: The Beaver reaches the weight of about 27-32 kg (60-70 pounds.) The total length of an adult Beaver is about 41-46 inches.

So, yeah, it looks like Beavers are pretty big compared to Badgers and Raccooms (though I've seen some mightly large raccoons in my time.)  Badgers look longer in photos because they have quite long tails.

Thanks for the gun rack photos! :) And yes, white rabbits are rather scary...especially with those pink eyes!  :o
Um...if I say something you really don't want to hear, do you promise not to bite me?" - Willow, BTVS

Offline Serenity

• Playmo Lover
  • just call me Mal
« Reply #55 on: December 11, 2005, 17:33:55 »
So, yeah, it looks like Beavers are pretty big compared to Badgers and Raccoons (though I've seen some mightly large raccoons in my time.) 

I think the difference is wild racoons vs. racoons that raid your garbage cans ... I've seen those get huge!   :o  ;)
"Do you know what the chain of command is here? It's the chain I go get and beat you with to show you who's in command."

Offline Little Jo

• Tool Master
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #56 on: December 11, 2005, 23:28:20 »
So, yeah, it looks like Beavers are pretty big compared to Badgers and Raccooms

Thank you very much for this investigation. So from a scale perspective the PM world seems ok again. -- Hm, I thought, I have seen some beaver in the Stuttgart zoo some years ago and this was not longer than about 50 cm ... I have to check this ... oh, I mixed this up: it was an otter (although I have also made a photo of a beaver, but the one I had in mind was the otter). Ok, from physiognomy the otter looks different, but I had this picture in mind where the little guy was swimming in the water ...  the more I think about this, the more I couldn't understand how I mixed up those both animals  :-[ ... tz, tz, tz ... anyhow, before I become totally off topic, I think I will close this episode.

« Last Edit: December 11, 2005, 23:34:59 by Little Jo »

Offline Sylvia

• Administrator
  • Playmo Master
    • Just For Kl!cks
« Reply #57 on: December 12, 2005, 00:13:10 »
Wonderful photos, Jochen! Especially the one of the otter. 8-)
Thanks for posting them. :-*

Offline ElvenRainbow

• Playmo Enthusiast
« Reply #58 on: December 12, 2005, 00:46:38 »
OOO this is exciting!!! :)
More trees, more animals, even LUMBER INDUSTRY!
i heard about this from another collector, but it was good to actually have the time to really take a good look at the pics, thanks for that :) now to wait until it hits the US...  8}

Offline hoppatussa

• Southern Belle @ heart
  • Playmo Fanatic
« Reply #59 on: December 12, 2005, 18:04:51 »
OOO this is exciting!!! :)
i heard about this from another collector, but it was good to actually have the time to really take a good look at the pics, thanks for that :) now to wait until it hits the US...  8}

Would that be via me?? or did someone else clue you in? 

I can't wait to get my hands on the lodge no matter how big or small the actual building is!  I also realised I like the raccoons a lot.  Playmobil is doing a great job with their animals anymore.  I just wish they would be more detailed with the fox.. he doesn't even have different color eyes.