Author Topic: 4260 police car  (Read 6587 times)

Offline Wolf Knight

• Playmo Guru
Re: 4260 police car
« Reply #10 on: December 19, 2010, 08:21:26 »
You beat me to it on this one, Panos, I have been planning a review for some time but not got round to it.

The shotgun may be standard in the USA, but it's not in the UK or, I suspect, many other European countries.

I'll check and see how well the roof light fits on mine; I have actually changed it for one which has only blue lights.

I agree about the lack of high-vis jackets for the crew; I have some spare orange and white tabards from the earlier international police sets I'm going to use.

I think the detailed printing on this is some of the best ever, especially the grille on the bonnet in front of the windscreen.

I will, if you agree, add one or two detail photos later.

That will be great Gordon  :) !!! Realy axnious to see your more detailed contributions!!

True, European patrol cars don't have shotguns. I can recall seeing one at the trunk of a greek patrol car, but maybe the officers were part of a special unit or something...

Offline Wolf Knight

• Playmo Guru
« Reply #11 on: December 19, 2010, 08:25:01 »
Excellent review Panos! I may see myself getting a couple of these for PCPD. BTW, I like the Playmobil figures with the officers wearing ties & blue shirts like in set 3904. They look like NYPD officers!

Ah yes!! Love that set!!! Do the actual crewmen of the patrol car wear ties Bill?
« Last Edit: December 19, 2010, 14:44:49 by Wolf Knight »

Offline Wolf Knight

• Playmo Guru
« Reply #12 on: December 19, 2010, 08:26:26 »
Thanks for the great review, Panos! I LOVE how you can open the hood and see the engine on this car!!! Chris is gonna  love it, too, I know. That's a nice feature. I wish the doors would really open on playmo vehicles, though. Maybe that will be their next major improvement. 

That would be a feature I'd love to see too Bonnie!!!!

Offline Wolf Knight

• Playmo Guru
« Reply #13 on: December 19, 2010, 08:30:47 »
thanks for the review. Are the lights the new (led) type?

I always change the uniforms on my street officers, the only ones with ties are my station/911 call center officers. P)

I really can't say Chris... maybe they are, the light is quite bright like the weapons in the dragonland theme, so probably yes, they are led.

I'm thinking of customising the street officers too...

Offline Bill Blackhurst

• Playmo Master
« Reply #14 on: December 19, 2010, 11:48:15 »
Do the actual crewmen of the patrol car wear ties Bill?

Yes Panos, they change their dress uniforms to coincide with weather conditions, but wearing a black shirt, black clip on neck tie, with black leather jacket is very common for NYPD officers.
  Forget about all of the other stuff,....all we need is the reintroduction of the 3526 Fire Engine!

Offline tonguello

• Playmo Master
    • tonguello
« Reply #15 on: December 19, 2010, 11:52:49 »
Panos this is great! I love the comparison with the old police car....they have really improved!
In Argentina all street Policeman were suits and neck tie. Even in summer.... at least in Buenos Aires. I don't know about some other cities up north where it is a lo hotter.
As for the gunshot, I don't think they have one in the car, unless they are going to some special mission. They all carry beltguns.
The uniform here is exactly like the NY Police. Even the furry collar for the winter  :lol:
...“But waiting can’t be bad, for plastic men, as I have learnt, are made to wait when playing's done”...
Check my blog: www.funfanphotoys.tumblr.com

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
« Reply #16 on: December 19, 2010, 14:14:55 »
That will be great Gordon  :) !!! Realy axnious to see your more detailed contributions!!

I'll try and post them today.

True, European patrol cars don't have shotguns. I can recall seeing one at the trunk of a greek patrol car, but maybe the officers were part of a special unit or something...

Maybe hunting their Christmas dinner.    :xmascheer:

“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline Wolf Knight

• Playmo Guru
« Reply #17 on: December 19, 2010, 14:45:46 »
Panos this is great! I love the comparison with the old police car....they have really improved!

Still, don't you love the simplicity of the early playmobil cars?  :love:

Offline Bill Blackhurst

• Playmo Master
« Reply #18 on: December 19, 2010, 17:21:06 »

The uniform here is exactly like the NY Police. Even the furry collar for the winter  :lol:

If the police have shotguns, you now know how they got the furry collars for their jackets ;) :lol:!
  Forget about all of the other stuff,....all we need is the reintroduction of the 3526 Fire Engine!

Offline flatcat

• Playmo Master
« Reply #19 on: December 19, 2010, 17:25:14 »
Wow great review, Panos :elf:

I never knew the engine came out! (I got mine second hand) :-[

:xmascheer: :xmascheer: :xmascheer:

Damo :rudy: