Author Topic: What to do..... Toys R Us sale...  (Read 1015 times)

Offline AgeOwns

• Playmo Fanatic
  • @MillionairePb
    • MillionairePlayboy.com
What to do..... Toys R Us sale...
« on: November 13, 2016, 18:20:04 »
For the U.S. playmofans...

Toys R Us is currently running a promotion until November 20th, all the Hockey sets are 20% off.
I just got a gig shooting for the Washington Capitals, so my son and I are ramping up the hockey excitement and we really want the rink and a few more Capitals players (I have the goalie and one player... Holtby and Ovechkin respectively)

It's my birthday on the 25th, so I was going to pull the trigger and grab it.

Buuuuuuut

We all know there will be big Christmas shopping season sales... I have a feeling it'll be a lot cheaper right after the 20th. For some reason, let's say the hockey sets aren't discounted again, there will be a 20% off on Playmobil.com between now and Christmas.

But A) I don't want to wait, I want it now.  B) Let's say there is another discount, could it be much more than 25% off? What's 5% when it comes down to it?

Aaaaaagh... This is my thought process.  Last year I was super excited about the Space Shuttle and Launch pad for Christmas, but that was online only and it was what my wife wanted to get me.

Offline Tiermann

• Playmo Master
  • Playmosaurus friendus
    • Animobil
Re: What to do..... Toys R Us sale...
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2016, 20:38:41 »
From past experience with TRU the most they ever do is one 25% sale, and not necessarily during the holiday season.  Waiting around for a sale could mean missing them at least locally if your team sells well in that market. I would just go for it in this instance.
If it turns out you could have saved more later you can either fill out your team or make up for it by buying other sets at a great price to balance it out.  ;)

Offline Klickteryx

• Playmo Master
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2016, 20:41:27 »
If you can afford it buy it now. You can always buy more cheaper stuff during Christmas sale time. Given you have a website you might even be able to drum up sales for playmobil by showing off their stuff while lots of people have yet to finish their shopping. That means playmobil becomes stronger long term which is beneficial to us as fans. The more popular it gets the cheaper it gets.

Offline Jay

• Playmo Addict
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2016, 01:02:39 »
There is the Joria's law of first sighting. Buy it when you see it (particularly if it's on sale) or you will never see it again.
Sadly, the corollary to that is that once you buy it, every place else will have it cheaper.