Author Topic: Hello from Belgium!  (Read 4151 times)

Offline singleklicky69

• Playmo Pal
Re: Hello from Belgium!
« Reply #20 on: October 17, 2017, 08:01:36 »
And do you perhaps have famous color-set 3660 "Kaufmannszug" MISB ?
Personally I´d love to see detailed (boxart) pictures of that one  :love:

No, I don't own that set, but I own this  ;D ;D ;D

Offline singleklicky69

• Playmo Pal
« Reply #21 on: October 17, 2017, 08:07:32 »
Welcome Bart! Nice vintage collection! Are you still missing a lot of sets?

Is the Collector book still available somewhere? I think I missed that one :) , amazing that you were able to make some contributions!

Yeah, the collection is not complete, but I guess pretty unique, so I won't complain  :)
Yeah, you can find the third edition already on Amazon. It is easy to find elsewhere too.

https://www.amazon.com/Playmobil-Collector-1974-2009/dp/3935976577

Offline singleklicky69

• Playmo Pal
« Reply #22 on: October 17, 2017, 09:15:27 »
And here is the farm set, can you believe this, copyright 1979!

I really, really like the Schaper boxes.  These are so beautiful done. :love:

Offline Rhalius

• Playmo Master
« Reply #23 on: October 17, 2017, 12:53:02 »
Great sets! I would not trust the fellow that's holding a scythe with a smile on his face towards that barking dog though.  ;)

Offline Raven

• Playmo Addict
« Reply #24 on: October 17, 2017, 13:57:26 »
^ That's your imagination!!  I thought the dog was about to hold it in its mouth!

Fascinating to see the boxes with the description of everything on the back.  That would have stopped me using the old fire extinguishers as megaphones!
Have a good time, make life cheerful and bright, dance if you want to, sing if you can, play as long as you live and leave the world with a smile - Lemuel K. Washburn

Offline singleklicky69

• Playmo Pal
« Reply #25 on: October 18, 2017, 08:08:24 »
Great sets! I would not trust the fellow that's holding a scythe with a smile on his face towards that barking dog though.  ;)

LOL!!  I never noticed this,  ;D

Offline singleklicky69

• Playmo Pal
« Reply #26 on: October 18, 2017, 08:12:29 »
^ That's your imagination!!  I thought the dog was about to hold it in its mouth!

Fascinating to see the boxes with the description of everything on the back.  That would have stopped me using the old fire extinguishers as megaphones!

I remember using them as megaphones too when I was a child... Gladly this got solved 40 years later  :lol: :lol:

Offline Birdie

• Playmo Master
« Reply #27 on: October 21, 2017, 19:03:19 »
I remember using them as megaphones too when I was a child... Gladly this got solved 40 years later  :lol: :lol:

Ditto  :lol:

Offline Pynedor

• Playmo Master
« Reply #28 on: January 13, 2018, 16:23:22 »
Welcome! <*) That is really cool that you helped out with the photographs for the book. There probably aren't very many of some of those sets still in existence (at least complete).
~Pynedor~

Offline GrahamB

• Playmo Master
    • Playmofanatic
« Reply #29 on: January 14, 2018, 14:33:41 »
First, let me welcome you (late though this welcome is!) to the wonderful playmofriends forum.

Second, thanks for posting those pictures of vintage sets here, as well as sharing them through Axel Hennel's wonderful Collector book.

I hope the pics are not too large for the forum. My apologies if they are.

Its great to get large pictures, so we can study the details. It depends on what platform one is viewing the pictures, but I quite often have to scroll a post sideways to see the right hand portion of pictures. This isn't a big problem, though. I think any picture wider than 1000 pixels will require scrolling.

I was interested to see you had opened a couple of your MISB boxes. That yellow male Indian set (3352x) is interesting as several of the parts differ in colour from the picture on the box. Here is my picture of the set (made by copying the box picture, collecting parts from different sources, not opening a MISB box!). Incidentally, this picture is 500 pixels wide

Here is your picture of the same set (768 pixels wide)

In your set the canoe is light brown (not white), the cuffs and necklace are blue (not red and green), the headband is yellow (same as the box) and the feather is not visible (red on the box). In another set shown on klickywelt.de the canoe is light brown, the cuffs and necklace are green, the headband is red and the feather is white. The spear decorations are red and white in all three sources.

All of which goes to show how much the parts varied in colour in the early days and how hard it is to state with any certainty what a set contained!

If you ever find any more of your MISB boxes 'fall' open, it would be great to see pictures of the contents, even sealed in the plastic inner bag!

I was also puzzled why that Lyra set with two klickies in it stated on the box '1 klicky'. Is Greek counting somehow different?

(I reduced the image width from 1280 pixels to 640 pixels in that quote)
At that moment the ship suddenly stopped rocking and swaying, the engine pitch settled down to a gentle hum. 'Hey Ford.' said Zaphod, 'that sounds good. Have you worked out the controls on this boat?' 'No,' said Ford, 'I just stopped fiddling with them.' (With thanks to Douglas Adams)