Author Topic: Police Truck 5974: An American Exclusive?  (Read 8787 times)

Offline cowabounga

• Playmo Master
Re: Police Truck 5974: An American Exclusive?
« Reply #20 on: May 03, 2012, 20:32:41 »
Hey guys!
Been browsing the PM FB page until I found the pics. They're genuine US exclusive prototype box sets. They don't say when they'll be released though. Everybody in Europe is asking for them too!  :lol:
Hope I helped.
A.
Life in the so called space age...

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #21 on: May 03, 2012, 22:09:31 »
Hey guys!
Been browsing the PM FB page until I found the pics. They're genuine US exclusive prototype box sets. They don't say when they'll be released though. Everybody in Europe is asking for them too!  :lol:
Hope I helped.
A.

yes it does thank you,  could or would you ask if it is made in Europe or China ? 
If you hear the sound of the bell which will tell you that Grigori has been killed, if it was your relations who have wrought my death, then no one in the family will remain alive. They will be killed by the Russian people. :prays:

Offline Red Watch

• Playmo Enthusiast
« Reply #22 on: May 15, 2012, 21:54:02 »
Well fingers crossed it'll turn up in the U.K. Mini Chief already has some of the Chinese made vehicles which have survived so far, just hope it's as strong as it looks! 

Offline Peterd

• playmo kid
  • Playmo Pal
« Reply #23 on: May 20, 2012, 16:03:46 »
does the police truck have flashing red blue red blue

Offline Peterd

• playmo kid
  • Playmo Pal
« Reply #24 on: May 20, 2012, 16:05:02 »
do you like this police truck

Offline Red Watch

• Playmo Enthusiast
« Reply #25 on: May 20, 2012, 20:50:11 »
Can't really make out from the photo if the light bar is a dummy or a more modern L.E.D. version of the original light bar from the 3181 truck, it'll be interesting to see which if it turns up in the U.K. As for do we like it?  ohhh yesss.... !  :) :) :) One or two of those will be most welcome amongst our Mini-Chief's fleet ! :)

Offline Bill Blackhurst

• Playmo Master
« Reply #26 on: May 20, 2012, 20:58:26 »
Can't really make out from the photo if the light bar is a dummy or a more modern L.E.D. version of the original light bar from the 3181 truck, it'll be interesting to see which if it turns up in the U.K. As for do we like it?  ohhh yesss.... !  :) :) :) One or two of those will be most welcome amongst our Mini-Chief's fleet ! :)

The light doesn't look to be an actual operational type. That's one way how the cost factor is dealt with in American only sets. They use less than high quality components to keep prices low. The light that comes on it maybe able to be subsituted with a battery operated one from DS though. ;)
  Forget about all of the other stuff,....all we need is the reintroduction of the 3526 Fire Engine!

Offline Red Watch

• Playmo Enthusiast
« Reply #27 on: May 20, 2012, 21:48:42 »
Hmmmmm, yeah, thinking about it, if it's a Chinese made vehicle then the lights are more probably just stickers, although, the 5952 ambulance does have working lights along with the sound effects, still undecided about the sound effects here, we have decided on the truck though, U.K. release please ! :)

Offline bonniebeth

• playmo zoo architect
  • Playmo Guru
    • my youtube channel
« Reply #28 on: May 22, 2012, 02:06:58 »
The chinese made school bus also has flashing lights, and yet the head and tail lights are just stickers. :hmm: So the designs are a bit unpredictable of these.
My playmobil zoo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-0grq9acog
In the end, we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. We will understand only what we are taught.

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #29 on: May 22, 2012, 06:04:51 »
those lights look like stickers to me, as long as the whole is the same it will be easy enough to add lights. I would rather have more features on the vehicle than blinking lights especially if you could add them later. One of the biggest disappointments on the original Chinese truck was the lack of opening compartments, lack of storage space plus the hard wheels. It looks like they learned the lesson on the wheels as we have never seen them again so now all we have to do is get them to add the storage. Most collectors have enough accessories to fill in the blanks but beyond cutting there is little we can do about the vehicle itself.
If you hear the sound of the bell which will tell you that Grigori has been killed, if it was your relations who have wrought my death, then no one in the family will remain alive. They will be killed by the Russian people. :prays: