Author Topic: 3666 trivia  (Read 1408 times)

Offline Klickteryx

• Playmo Master
3666 trivia
« on: April 19, 2017, 10:41:54 »
I was going through my "royal" shields, the ones with the fleur-de-lys that came with sets like the prison transport (3674) and the Jousting Pavillion (3652) and of course the big castle (3666).

The castle shields are a different colour, more orange. I don't have any 'green castle' or swan knight shields to hand so don't know if they are different too but I'm guessing they also come in two shades of yellow.

I did say it was trivial. ;D

Offline StJohn

• Playmo Master
Re: 3666 trivia
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2017, 14:09:07 »
The two shades of yellow occur often in 90s PM. For example, it is a small challenge to find matching pairs of body and head parts of the Golden Knight's caparison (from 3654, resp. 3024): the yellow occurs in two distinctively different shades. I suppose it has to do with different colouring matters used over the years. What you are looking at might be the same thing.

Best wishes
StJohn

Offline Klickteryx

• Playmo Master
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2017, 05:23:12 »
Do you mean the horse "clothing" or the armour of the knight? I know that the armour that came with the tent version is paler than the armour that came with the single box set.
The change in yellow is not a year thing so far as I can tell, all the shields I have from 3666s are the same shade. All the shields I have from the prison transport, including ones purchased overseas and second hand locally are the same as each other but different from the one that came with the castle. I only have one jousting set and the shield in that is the same paler yellow that the prison transport used.

Offline StJohn

• Playmo Master
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2017, 07:40:53 »
Do you mean the horse "clothing" [..]?

Yes, caparison is the term Animobil uses for this type of object.

I know that the armour that came with the tent version is paler than the armour that came with the single box set.

That's another ubiquitous thing: Altgold (as the Germans say) versus the more recent, more yellowish plain gold. I much prefer the first but the second is more common.

Best wishes
StJohn