Author Topic: Playmo fans meeting in Greece ???  (Read 25637 times)

Offline WarriorOfToys

• Wargaming Fanatic
  • Playmo Master
    • Come check out my Playmobil movies!
Re: Playmo fans meeting in Greece ???
« Reply #160 on: September 07, 2010, 15:36:19 »
its a great idea WoT, by  next summer i will have a 100m2 garage free to set things in it etc ,  For me all my klickies  today are in a storage area of about 35m2 outside athens which is dust free, secure, shelves all round and has approx 20m2  free area with elevated surfaces but thats not enough even for my mediaval city !!! Let me give it some more thought, if i move all my collections to the garage by next summer , means i will have to set new huge surface areas there, improved lighting , new  long shelves for all my collections , dust collection machines ( currently where my playmos are is 100% dust free ) and i will have a higher risk for flooding ( though there is an entrance water entrapment with pump ) as its a garage below ground level . Anyways , my playmobil collection boxed for transport fill a lorry now and all the above mentioned costs and transport equall probably a couple of thousands of euros that i have to think  if prefer spending in buyin more klickies .. let me give it some serious thought as  a fair amount of money is involved .. A great idea though , imagive if i have created a 60m2 elevated area with all my mediaval city and armies, the big forrest and vikings , and on the other side all the pyramids, romans etc etc , awwwwwwwwwwwww  :P :P :P :P :P :P

That's cool Giorginetto,
If we can't do it at Playmobil Hellas, it is great to know we have another place.
But I was hoping we could do it at the Playmobil FnPark for these reasons:

1- It could get more people interested in Playmobil.
2- It could show Playmobil Hellas (not to mention perhaps the rest of Playmobil) that the collectors are very real, and worth quite a profit. ;)
3- There has been lots of talk about a Playmobil/Collectors hosted event that could strengthen our bonds with Geobra
And show that we are as willing to do this are the are. This could be on such event. :)

That is what I was suggesting. But if Playmobil Hellas doesn't agree,
I think it would be great to do it in your garage.
(Though there may be a problem with space, as we are trying to fit over 500 Playmobil in it,
And have enough room to maneuver. Which (believe me), can require a lot of room...)
Steck is BACK! <:>

Offline Wolf Knight

• Playmo Guru
« Reply #161 on: September 07, 2010, 15:42:26 »
I like WoT idea! The funpark will be the ideas setting for all the reasons he states...only problem is, I doubt they will host it...

Still no hurt in asking...

Maybe by next summer we'll have a good place to do this battle here in Thessaloniki...and believe me, if we manage to, it could promote playmobil to the general public at a great level...

Offline WarriorOfToys

• Wargaming Fanatic
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #162 on: September 07, 2010, 19:26:19 »
I like WoT idea! The funpark will be the ideas setting for all the reasons he states...only problem is, I doubt they will host it...

Still no hurt in asking...

Maybe by next summer we'll have a good place to do this battle here in Thessaloniki...and believe me, if we manage to, it could promote playmobil to the general public at a great level...

Oh well, maybe they will surprise us. :)

Offline Giorginetto

• Playmo Master
  • Playmobil Aficionado
    • TheGiorginetto channel
« Reply #163 on: September 08, 2010, 06:27:44 »
(Though there may be a problem with space, as we are trying to fit over 500 Playmobil in it,
And have enough room to maneuver. Which (believe me), can require a lot of room...)

500?? That my standard balck lion knight only. If we combine figures we are probably looking ( Mediaval , Pirates, Romans, Egyptians, Western ) well over 4000......

Lets see what Playmobil says .. My only slight concern is the time it will take to pack for example all my steck and mediaval stuff , set it and unpack however a week off work should do it . Let's see what playmobil has to say !!!
:knight: Steck is Holy . Bring back more steck sets and its guardians , the Nuremberg Guards :knight:

Offline WarriorOfToys

• Wargaming Fanatic
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #164 on: September 08, 2010, 12:39:49 »
500?? That my standard balck lion knight only. If we combine figures we are probably looking ( Mediaval , Pirates, Romans, Egyptians, Western ) well over 4000......

Lets see what Playmobil says .. My only slight concern is the time it will take to pack for example all my steck and mediaval stuff , set it and unpack however a week off work should do it . Let's see what playmobil has to say !!!

But we wont have then on the field at the same time.
We will have Romans, then Medieval, then... so on and so on.

Unfortunately I wont be able to fight all those battles with you guys. :'(
I am only able to get to Greece for a weekend if I am able to go at all. (We are on uncertain ground once more! ::) )
And battles of this size take time... For setup, the actual battle, and break-down.
I may only be able to stay for 2! 4 is probably the most. :-\

Offline grangel

• Playmo Master
  • Medieval military designer
« Reply #165 on: September 08, 2010, 20:35:21 »
But we wont have then on the field at the same time.
We will have Romans, then Medieval, then... so on and so on.

Unfortunately I wont be able to fight all those battles with you guys. :'(
I am only able to get to Greece for a weekend if I am able to go at all. (We are on uncertain ground once more! ::) )
And battles of this size take time... For setup, the actual battle, and break-down.
I may only be able to stay for 2! 4 is probably the most. :-\

I have my doudt about the funpark but may be they have a storage room enough to host the event.All my precious playmos are at your disposal.George is that the meeting that you have written me.

Offline Wolf Knight

• Playmo Guru
« Reply #166 on: September 08, 2010, 21:00:24 »
Time will tell...

Offline Giorginetto

• Playmo Master
  • Playmobil Aficionado
    • TheGiorginetto channel
« Reply #167 on: September 09, 2010, 11:23:21 »
Time will tell...

exactly, its early days yet for the club and such actions !!!!
:knight: Steck is Holy . Bring back more steck sets and its guardians , the Nuremberg Guards :knight: