Author Topic: the redcoats  (Read 11285 times)

Offline Andy R

• DPAAAGG.
  • x
  • Playmo Addict
  • I come here for peace and quiet.
    • http://www.survival101.wetpaint.com
Re: the redcoats
« Reply #10 on: August 15, 2010, 20:37:09 »
The British Redcoat is an iconic character of world history, right up there with the Roman Legionnaire.
The basic three-man set makes an easy-to-build army, with or without accessories (tents, artillery, etc). That is why they sell so well, and thus why they are still being made over a decade and a half later (I know it’s been at least this long, because one of my first sets was 3Ø54 Harbor Guard back in ‘96 or so).
If I’m jealous, you did SOMETHING right. Keep it up. :D
I Support Operation Anime Storm..

Offline Bolingbroke

• Playmo Master
« Reply #11 on: August 15, 2010, 22:29:57 »
Funny - the last time I went to order some of these from the local Funpark, they told me they're out of production. Despite the fact that they feature in the latest Add-ons catalogue  ::)
"Company, villanous company, hath been the spoil of me."

Offline Ali Baba

• prince of Oonowezu
  • Playmo Addict
  • Just say the magic word!
« Reply #12 on: August 15, 2010, 22:35:32 »
Yes, my first inkling was they didn't sell and that's why they were still available.
The hottest babe is:

3645 Family Yacht Woman

Offline Bolingbroke

• Playmo Master
« Reply #13 on: August 15, 2010, 22:55:46 »
Have the English soldiers from the Big Bertha set ever been on the add-ons catalogue? If not, why? Same goes for the red/yellow Spanish soldiers from the rowboat set. You have to keep buying 4295s to get them, unfortunately, and end up with more rowboats than you need  ::)

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #14 on: August 16, 2010, 01:16:58 »
Funny - the last time I went to order some of these from the local Funpark, they told me they're out of production. Despite the fact that they feature in the latest Add-ons catalogue  ::)

Hi

Yes if they were very unpopular and the old school stocking method that Gordon mentioned was still being used that would explain why there are always for sale. They just have way too many and need to push them. If they discounted them they loose 25% off the receipts. Perhaps enough get sold to collectors they just keep them at full price. They are also small storage items and will not take up too much room in the warehouse. Then when the stock finally dwindles we will just see them gone one day.

Rasputin "The Mad Monk"
If you hear the sound of the bell which will tell you that Grigori has been killed, if it was your relations who have wrought my death, then no one in the family will remain alive. They will be killed by the Russian people. :prays:

Offline Heronimus

• Playmo Addict
« Reply #15 on: August 16, 2010, 02:00:01 »
The redcoat captain is sold at 7 EURO here, which is outrageous.

But I really love his hat and feather decoration.

I dont think they are popular, but just have too many in the inventory. If playmobil produces the figures by judging their popularity, why arent the royal guard 4577 issued as add-ons? I guess with the upcoming new redcoat, they will start to be pulled off from the catalogue :o

Offline Bolingbroke

• Playmo Master
« Reply #16 on: August 16, 2010, 06:48:52 »
Hi

Yes if they were very unpopular and the old school stocking method that Gordon mentioned was still being used that would explain why there are always for sale. They just have way too many and need to push them. If they discounted them they loose 25% off the receipts. Perhaps enough get sold to collectors they just keep them at full price. They are also small storage items and will not take up too much room in the warehouse. Then when the stock finally dwindles we will just see them gone one day.

Rasputin "The Mad Monk"

I don't know if you misunderstood me, but what I said was that I was told that they are not available anymore - this was about three or four months ago. I don't think they had any reason to lie to me, because with the same order I placed, they DID get me the Romans I wanted. Though it seems that people around the world are still getting them without any problems.

Also, I don't think the figures from the add-on catalogue are actually stored in Malta, because it takes more than a month for the things to arrive, after you've placed the order.

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #17 on: August 16, 2010, 14:46:28 »
Hi

No I thought I understood you correctly I am just shooting in the almost dark and theorizing why such an Add On is around for so many years.

I guess the next question is , Are the add ons figures made in Malta and then shipped to the various warehouses to be sold ? Then if so once the warehouses are saturated is the figure cut from production ?

Rasputin "The Mad Monk"
If you hear the sound of the bell which will tell you that Grigori has been killed, if it was your relations who have wrought my death, then no one in the family will remain alive. They will be killed by the Russian people. :prays:

Offline Bolingbroke

• Playmo Master
« Reply #18 on: August 16, 2010, 15:11:35 »
Well ... I have another question, while we're at it: whatever happens to unsold stock? For example, I'm having trouble finding the last crusader special, the one with the golden legs (the funpark shop no longer stocks it). Is it because the whole lot was sold, or were they removed in order to clear the way for the new batch of specials? If it's the latter, where did they go?

Offline Wolf Knight

• Playmo Guru
« Reply #19 on: August 16, 2010, 15:33:10 »
Well ... I have another question, while we're at it: whatever happens to unsold stock? For example, I'm having trouble finding the last crusader special, the one with the golden legs (the funpark shop no longer stocks it). Is it because the whole lot was sold, or were they removed in order to clear the way for the new batch of specials? If it's the latter, where did they go?

crusader with golden legs??? I cannot recall such a crusader! Dont you have the set number?