Author Topic: the redcoats  (Read 11283 times)

Offline Martin Milner

• Eugene, Oregon, USA
  • Playmo Master
    • An Englishman in Eugene
Re: the redcoats
« Reply #30 on: August 31, 2010, 16:55:10 »
Here's a British Royal Marine from 1815 - not exactly right but not a bad match for the Playmobil figure.

Offline Justindo

• Playmo Master
« Reply #31 on: September 02, 2010, 07:01:40 »
Nice find, Martin.

I've always thought they were early 19th century British Marines meant to fight the pirates.  I'm using them with tricornes as mid to late 18th century British Infantry, but the coat style isn't really right for the time period.  I also wish they were a more vibrant red, but I guess their tunics have faded.  I'll probably replace mine with a modified version of the new blister pack redcoat.
:egypt: :roman: :viking: :knight: :arrr: :indian: :cowboy:

Offline Giorginetto

• Playmo Master
  • Playmobil Aficionado
    • TheGiorginetto channel
« Reply #32 on: September 02, 2010, 07:13:07 »
Playmobil needs to make a 2 klicky blister with a redcoat and exacntly the same klicky with blue colours and a different insignia. So simple it would sell so much as this would make the basis for building opposing napoleonic era times armies !!!! Someone tell playmobil !!!!! :wave:
:knight: Steck is Holy . Bring back more steck sets and its guardians , the Nuremberg Guards :knight:

Offline Justindo

• Playmo Master
« Reply #33 on: September 02, 2010, 07:16:06 »
Playmobil needs to make a 2 klicky blister with a redcoat and exacntly the same klicky with blue colours and a different insignia. So simple it would sell so much as this would make the basis for building opposing napoleonic era times armies !!!! Someone tell playmobil !!!!! :wave:

That's a great idea, Giorginetto!  I'd like to see the upcoming blister pack redcoat with a rifle and bayonet instead of his sword and one of the older blue and red French soldiers with a rifle and bayonet as a blister pack.  I think both collectors and boys would buy them like mad!

Offline Colonel Klicky

• Playmo Enthusiast
  • 'There he stands like a plastic wall!'
    • KlickyWelt
« Reply #34 on: September 02, 2010, 13:51:01 »
That's because they sell very well!

Taken separately, all the parts can be used for customising. Think of it: cuffs, shakos, high boots,"brêlage" (the white braces), rifle, , silver collar, bayonet, and feather! So many ways to use them all!

As Arnaud says: These redcoats are so successful for being the most useful spare part treasure trove ever being sold by geobra!

I nearly never use a redcoat as a redcoat. Every single redcoat gets disassembled as soon as being unpacked. And every single part and accessory will be instantly used for several different customizing purposes. There will be no useless remnants at all.

This is something no other set known to me can claim to accomplish. So this is the secret of the redcoats success.  :)

- Colonel Klicky

LuxPlaymoDays 2010 - Charleston-Diorama

Offline Giorginetto

• Playmo Master
  • Playmobil Aficionado
    • TheGiorginetto channel
« Reply #35 on: September 02, 2010, 19:14:43 »
That's a great idea, Giorginetto!  I'd like to see the upcoming blister pack redcoat with a rifle and bayonet instead of his sword and one of the older blue and red French soldiers with a rifle and bayonet as a blister pack.  I think both collectors and boys would buy them like mad!

well if playmobil makes such a 2 klicky blister , i am buying 400 of them straightaway !!!!!!!!!! :yippee: :yippee: :yippee: :yippee: :yippee: :yippee: :yippee: :yippee: :yippee: :yippee: :yippee: :yippee: :yippee: :yippee: :yippee: :yippee: :yippee: :yippee: :yippee:
:knight: Steck is Holy . Bring back more steck sets and its guardians , the Nuremberg Guards :knight:

Offline WarriorOfToys

• Wargaming Fanatic
  • Playmo Master
    • Come check out my Playmobil movies!
« Reply #36 on: September 02, 2010, 19:36:39 »
well if playmobil makes such a 2 klicky blister , i am buying 400 of them straightaway !!!!!!!!!! :yippee: :yippee: :yippee: :yippee: :yippee: :yippee: :yippee: :yippee: :yippee: :yippee: :yippee: :yippee: :yippee: :yippee: :yippee: :yippee: :yippee: :yippee: :yippee:

I would probably buy about one less decimal space less then that...
And then half of that... ;D
Problem solving time! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Steck is BACK! <:>

Offline playmo1989

• Playmo Master
« Reply #37 on: September 02, 2010, 22:30:29 »

i wanted to ask you georginetto in 2000 you weren't intrested in playmobil ?? then was on the market this http://www.collectobil.com/images/items/3857.jpg  i think even more until 2001 here in greece if i remember well .....  ???
The spirits rule !!!!

Offline Andy R

• DPAAAGG.
  • x
  • Playmo Addict
  • I come here for peace and quiet.
    • http://www.survival101.wetpaint.com
« Reply #38 on: September 02, 2010, 22:48:34 »
Confederate soldier 3Ø ØØ 537Ø vs. Yankee soldier 3Ø ØØ 578Ø with a brown version of the Confederate’s belt.
If I’m jealous, you did SOMETHING right. Keep it up. :D
I Support Operation Anime Storm..

Offline Justindo

• Playmo Master
« Reply #39 on: September 03, 2010, 01:54:30 »
Confederate soldier 3Ø ØØ 537Ø vs. Yankee soldier 3Ø ØØ 578Ø with a brown version of the Confederate’s belt.

I'd buy a number of those blister packs, Andy! :)9