Author Topic: Reverse Loop outdoors  (Read 3381 times)

Offline gloobey

• Playmo Fanatic
    • My Illustration Website
Reverse Loop outdoors
« on: June 22, 2008, 02:56:06 »
Hello all. I haven't been on much due to the nice weather here. I've been working on my garden layout quite a bit. I have recently installed a reverse loop on the outdoor layout. I was able to hunt down an older LGB reverse loop set (1000K). I wasn't able to find this number listing in any of my LGB catalogs. I hope it holds up in the rain and wet weather.

I'll be laying more track this summer. I'm trying to get two Playmobil trains running at once. I think more trains running at the same time are alot more fun :-) Here are a few pics, more to come...
What's the point of going, if you can't get there on a train?

Offline gloobey

• Playmo Fanatic
Re: Reverse Loop outdoors
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2008, 02:56:51 »
...one more pic here!

Offline Richard

• Retired Playmobil
  • Wargamer
  • Playmo Master
    • Garden Wargaming
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2008, 03:23:24 »

Very, very impressive, Steve !!!

You've been busy.

After all the work that you've put into your Garden Railroad, have you thought at all about keeping it operational year round?

Thanks for sharing your layout with us. A far as I know, you're the first (and only) member here who has actually built an operating Garden Railroad. Congratulations!

Thanks again and all the best,
Richard

Offline Timotheos

• Visitor
  • Playmo Addict
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2008, 03:43:04 »
It looks good!

-Tim

Offline gloobey

• Playmo Fanatic
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2008, 04:05:15 »

Offline gloobey

• Playmo Fanatic
« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2008, 04:14:08 »
After all the work that you've put into your Garden Railroad, have you thought at all about keeping it operational year round?
Thanks for the compliment Richard! Every spring I clean up the garden, then I add improvements over the summer...then Fall rolls around and the whole thing gets covered in leaves. My backyard is completely surrounded by large trees. It usually puts a damper on things when the leaves stop the whole process, but this year I have resolved to fight back! I'm going to attempt a Fall/Winter maintenance program that will allow me to run the trains year-round.
I'm looking forward to running while the leaves fall and possibly doing a Halloween themed train run (it's our favorite holiday here). I guess we'll see what happens.  Right now I'm just really thankful for the nice weather and the chance to run the trains. I have a new loco coming sometime this week. I'll have more pics to upload soon...

Offline Richard

• Retired Playmobil
  • Wargamer
  • Playmo Master
    • Garden Wargaming
« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2008, 04:27:16 »

I have a new loco coming sometime this week. I'll have more pics to upload soon...

I'm looking forward to seeing the photos of your new engine, Steve!