Author Topic: WHY I MAY NEVER BUILD A GARDEN RAILWAY  (Read 5010 times)

Offline Richard

• Retired Playmobil
  • Wargamer
  • Playmo Master
    • Garden Wargaming
WHY I MAY NEVER BUILD A GARDEN RAILWAY
« on: June 09, 2008, 18:00:43 »

As many of you already know, I've been planning on building a Playmobil Garden Railroad for a long while now.

However, since being sent the following photo of a resident bridge bum, I may change my plans completely ...

"Let sleeping cats lie." ...  ;D

Offline Martin Milner

• Eugene, Oregon, USA
  • Playmo Master
    • An Englishman in Eugene
Re: WHY I MAY NEVER BUILD A GARDEN RAILWAY
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2008, 18:41:52 »
I see yor problem Richard. Could you have two bridges, and switch between them with points?

Offline Timotheos

• Visitor
  • Playmo Addict
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2008, 23:28:45 »
Beef up the electric current a bit.

Offline Richard

• Retired Playmobil
  • Wargamer
  • Playmo Master
    • Garden Wargaming
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2008, 03:03:46 »

I see your problem Richard. Could you have two bridges, and switch between them with points?

GREAT suggestion, Martin ...  :wow:

Offline Richard

• Retired Playmobil
  • Wargamer
  • Playmo Master
    • Garden Wargaming
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2008, 03:05:12 »

Beef up the electric current a bit.

How many volts would you suggest, Timmy? ...  >:D

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2008, 06:24:21 »
Ah, the delights of a cat - always where it causes maximum inconvenience (the human view), always where the attention is (the cat's view).

Two of the cats I have had would always come and sit on any piece of paper I had spread out on the floor (an easy to fill in exam entry forms was to do it on the floor because of their size), always choosing to sit on the very spot  was reading or working on.  One of these also liked to sit in doorways, so you had to step round him or fall over him, and my present cat used to sleep in the bedroom doorway.
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline Timotheos

• Visitor
  • Playmo Addict
« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2008, 22:18:59 »
I miss my cats.

We went through a calamity around 2001 in which my cat and my parents' cat both died from kidney crystals.

My wife appears to be allergic to cats, so I haven't adopted a new cat.  I like cats better than dogs (have two dogs).  I confess, though, I don't miss how the cat jumped up on tables and knocked things over.

My cat stewart probably would have brought my trestle table in the basement that holds my PM displays to the ground!

"Dude, that's not a table.  It's a cantilever."
-Tim

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2008, 03:24:28 »
i would say just use an automotive coil with the 12 volts and collapse the field on the tracks and watch her fly. I am in no way an animal abuser i have 2 dogs, 2 cats , 40 chickens, 3 kids, 1 wife , 1 rattle snake, lots of frogs, a bakers dozen of fish and the list of what i have had is 10 time as long i just like them to behave . :whip:

I do feel your anguish over not being able to have a garden train . I too can not right now, do to how many times we change our gardens . at present we are experimenting with about 150 wine barrels and a train just does not fit in anywhere .  :'(

I love looking at all the posted pictures of other garden layouts and just dreaming of the day . I especially liked link to the G scale forum. so many great layouts and ideas . :love:
If you hear the sound of the bell which will tell you that Grigori has been killed, if it was your relations who have wrought my death, then no one in the family will remain alive. They will be killed by the Russian people. :prays:

Offline gloobey

• Playmo Fanatic
    • My Illustration Website
« Reply #8 on: June 19, 2008, 21:24:03 »
I have a pug that has occasionally derailed a train or two on my garden layout...he's pretty good about it now. He actually waits at the crossing until it's all clear. Plus, if the trains are going fast enough he gets out of the way in a hurry :-)
What's the point of going, if you can't get there on a train?

Offline Richard

• Retired Playmobil
  • Wargamer
  • Playmo Master
    • Garden Wargaming
« Reply #9 on: June 19, 2008, 21:52:09 »

I'm sure that none of us would intentionally hurt an animal ...  0)

Yet, there's just something about a critter on the tracks ahead ... or in a tunnel ...  >:D