Author Topic: 3958 for sale on auction  (Read 2760 times)

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
3958 for sale on auction
« on: December 17, 2012, 04:50:44 »
I know its a great set and all but I had no idea a sealed one would go for so much. After watching the RollerCoaster sell for $1500 and now this one I am starting to wonder who is buying such sets?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/121036210749?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2648
If you hear the sound of the bell which will tell you that Grigori has been killed, if it was your relations who have wrought my death, then no one in the family will remain alive. They will be killed by the Russian people. :prays:

Offline savvas

• Playmo Fanatic
Re: 3958 for sale on auction
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2012, 07:21:21 »
i am not interested in who buys it but in which is his occupation... i bought a 4034 for 450 euro, i know it's a lot but seems there is worse... :lol: :wave:

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2012, 08:26:03 »
Yikes. That's a LOT of money... It IS gorgeous... I bought the set that it's just the loco ages ago - and far from mib.. I don't think I have that yellow passenger wagon though.. sooooo pretty :love: (it's yellow, right?)

i am not interested in who buys it but in which is his occupation...

I think you're on to something!

Offline Playmo_80

• Playmo Lover
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2012, 11:47:00 »
i bought a 4034 for 450 euro, i know it's a lot but seems there is worse... :lol: :wave:
I have several train set in box and complete...For example I bought the 3958 for $200US....I have two 4034, The used one I did pay also $200US, and the other one MISB I paid only 300€....I understand you, for the 4029 I'm ready to pay up to 600€...l

Playmo_80
Like electricity, Playmobil are essential for humanity

Offline Tiermann

• Playmo Master
  • Playmosaurus friendus
    • Animobil
« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2012, 14:37:41 »
That seems to be the hardest to find of the old train sets. They hold value better than the rc ones because they last longer. Cared for properly they can go on for years, where with the rc the battery packs become an issue. The powered ones are more like the other G scale trains out there as well, which appeals to some people.

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2012, 16:09:16 »
looks like someone retracted their bid and its bid price dropped to $650   :hmm: $150 is a big bid on such a set. Now I am wondering if the bidder is reading in here  :eh?:
If you hear the sound of the bell which will tell you that Grigori has been killed, if it was your relations who have wrought my death, then no one in the family will remain alive. They will be killed by the Russian people. :prays:

Offline Amd

• Amdnrao
  • Playmo Lover
  • back to middle earth
« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2012, 18:53:17 »
looks like someone retracted their bid and its bid price dropped to $650   :hmm: $150 is a big bid on such a set. Now I am wondering if the bidder is reading in here  :eh?:

i noticed, but seems a fair price, i recall one selling at 620 dlls a couple years back… 2009

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2012, 01:47:56 »
I think this is the second highest price for a single set. $1025. I do not think a 5300 ever got that high, the highest I remember was $800. At least this is a very beautiful set but still way over what I would pay. This is the only unopened 3958 I have ever seen on auction.

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
« Reply #8 on: December 20, 2012, 02:11:07 »
That seems to be the hardest to find of the old train sets. They hold value better than the rc ones because they last longer. Cared for properly they can go on for years, where with the rc the battery packs become an issue. The powered ones are more like the other G scale trains out there as well, which appeals to some people.

I've got two RC steam locos (the 0-4-0 tank) and two of them mains powered and there is certainly something different in driving the mains ones.
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”