Author Topic: Giorginettos Medieval Collection  (Read 159851 times)

Offline Giorginetto

• Playmo Master
  • Playmobil Aficionado
    • TheGiorginetto channel
Re: Giorginettos Medieval Collection
« Reply #410 on: August 05, 2010, 12:54:14 »
excellent,. thanks elaine , will have to see these pics at home as i cant see them on my work computer for some reason

I think its important to have a nice underlayer. I shall also put a picture of the cloth i have found , its similar to the one used in pool tables, its not thick and can easily be stretched therefore mimimum risks of klickies falling down and domino effects ( i hate them !!) . Not as nice I am sure as a paint job but hpefully it will do the job. Willget some blue for sea also and sand colour if available so my sea and egypt sets are more realistic .. ole !!!!!!!!!!!  :yippee:
:knight: Steck is Holy . Bring back more steck sets and its guardians , the Nuremberg Guards :knight:

Offline Wolf Knight

• Playmo Guru
« Reply #411 on: August 05, 2010, 12:56:50 »
Great set ups elaine!! Lovely idea with the sand and the medieval set up looks promissing..

Offline Giorginetto

• Playmo Master
  • Playmobil Aficionado
    • TheGiorginetto channel
« Reply #412 on: August 05, 2010, 12:58:26 »
Great set ups elaine!! Lovely idea with the sand and the medieval set up looks promissing..

i cant see them  :'( :'( :'( :'(, have to wait till much later when back home !!!!!  :hissyfit: :hissyfit: :hissyfit: :hissyfit: :hissyfit: :hissyfit:
:knight: Steck is Holy . Bring back more steck sets and its guardians , the Nuremberg Guards :knight:

Offline baden-wurttemberg

• Firefighter Enthusiast
  • Playmo Master
    • http://stores.ebay.com/Baden-Wurttemberg
« Reply #413 on: August 05, 2010, 14:43:12 »
Great set ups Elaine! Great idea of using sand!

B-W  :)
Take every chance you get in life, because some things only happen once.

Offline Gis

• Playmo Master
  • Polar Bears are cool!
« Reply #414 on: August 05, 2010, 14:46:48 »
O my Elaine those sets are amazing. Can't wait to see the rest of your pictures!!!

Offline Giorginetto

• Playmo Master
  • Playmobil Aficionado
    • TheGiorginetto channel
« Reply #415 on: August 06, 2010, 23:35:30 »
Yeees show us some more pictures Elaine !!!  :)

I had delivery today of the 122 steck walls and 100-110 ( cant remember) two way connectors , plus another 2 catapults , some steck items and 3x  4 way connectors. Well still very tempted to start with the romans and egyptians ( they are all stil boxed ) , gauls and trees , hhhmmm but them again i have never has so much steck to set up !!!!!  :P :P :P :P :P

Offline Indianna

• Playmo Detective
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #416 on: August 09, 2010, 05:25:23 »
. . .  For most of the displays we used vinyl table covering which we painted with emulsion paint and in some cases we mixed this with acrylic paints to get the colours we wanted. 
For the medieval display we used plain black vinyl. 
We marked out the inside of the walls and painted that grey and for the outside Junior had the idea of using the brush to stipple it with shades of green, I thought the end result gave a very good effect.

The painted vinyl looks terrific, Elaine!  Is "emulsion" paint the same as what we call "latex" paint over here in the colonies?  That is to say, is it the type of paint you would use on the walls of a room? 

I hope your exhibition was a great success and look forward to seeing more photos when you have the time.   :)
U.S.A.      Massachusetts

Offline Justindo

• Playmo Master
« Reply #417 on: August 09, 2010, 17:37:42 »
Elaine, your green-topped tables look great! :)9
:egypt: :roman: :viking: :knight: :arrr: :indian: :cowboy:

Offline skypurr

• Crafty Klicky
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #418 on: August 09, 2010, 22:44:02 »
The painted vinyl looks terrific, Elaine!  Is "emulsion" paint the same as what we call "latex" paint over here in the colonies?  That is to say, is it the type of paint you would use on the walls of a room? 

I hope your exhibition was a great success and look forward to seeing more photos when you have the time.   :)
Yes Indianna emulsion paint is what we would use for painting walls of a room. 
I am working on the photos still - we took so many that they need a lot of sorting out to find the best ones.  I was busy with a craft exhibition last week so have only dismantled the displays today.  I am now in the unenviable position of finding somewhere to store everything again  8}  However I will post the photos soon - hopefully in the next couple of days!!  :D

Elaine :)

A house is not a home without a cat (or two).

Offline grangel

• Playmo Master
  • Medieval military designer
« Reply #419 on: August 16, 2010, 18:59:47 »
Hi guys!!!

My Steck project gave results.

I have managed to built a Medieval Castle Village and my Medieval Castle Fort.from today i'll be on vacation so i'll try to rebuild my castle in my garden and bring my Black Army to out a siege on it.
In a couple day i hope to show you some pics