Author Topic: Giorginettos Medieval Collection  (Read 159453 times)

Offline Giorginetto

• Playmo Master
  • Playmobil Aficionado
    • TheGiorginetto channel
Re: Giorginettos Medieval Collection
« Reply #400 on: August 04, 2010, 12:26:05 »
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I am glad to see that klicky fever is beyond control !!!!

We'll do a planning...think about it and see what happens...

See my latest thread / idea to get playmobil to make nuremberg guards again !!!!

Yeap, careful planning willbe needed and not an easy task at all , but plenty of time to meditate on it , i wouldnt personally move my collections to any other place, i have lost enough due to a flood and all my collection is securely stored these days in thief/water/ dust protected environment. aw well plenty of time to think about this .. the immediate next goal is setting my mediaval city version3 so watch this thread as next week preparation pictures will start been posted here  :camera: :camera: :camera:!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I want nuremberg guards to protect my mediaval city and repel any nasty attacking forces as Sor Wolf's ... !!!!

:hissyfit: :hissyfit: :hissyfit: :hissyfit: :hissyfit: :hissyfit: :hissyfit: :hissyfit: :hissyfit: :hissyfit: :hissyfit: :hissyfit: :hissyfit: :hissyfit: :hissyfit:
:knight: Steck is Holy . Bring back more steck sets and its guardians , the Nuremberg Guards :knight:

Offline Giorginetto

• Playmo Master
  • Playmobil Aficionado
    • TheGiorginetto channel
« Reply #401 on: August 05, 2010, 08:09:26 »
I am starting this saturday, first think assemble all the tables , put the green cloth on ( need to get some blue also ) and then stat building, actually i might first of all , build the forrest and the entire mediaval army ready and in formation for battle prior to any steck buildings !!!!
:knight: Steck is Holy . Bring back more steck sets and its guardians , the Nuremberg Guards :knight:

Offline Wolf Knight

• Playmo Guru
« Reply #402 on: August 05, 2010, 08:33:12 »
How much cloth did you get George and where from?

Offline Gis

• Playmo Master
  • Polar Bears are cool!
« Reply #403 on: August 05, 2010, 09:20:52 »
Just a question is there a reason you are using Green cloth instead of the modelling grass? We just bought some of that and I am planning on using that for all my set ups.

Here is a link that shows the modeling gras rolls as well as a fabulous looking technic (but time consuming) to make grass yourself.

http://www.nproject.org/nl/modelspoor-scenery/gras-en-ballast.html

Really interested in your reasoning

Offline Wolf Knight

• Playmo Guru
« Reply #404 on: August 05, 2010, 09:30:27 »
Just a question is there a reason you are using Green cloth instead of the modelling grass? We just bought some of that and I am planning on using that for all my set ups.

Here is a link that shows the modeling gras rolls as well as a fabulous looking technic (but time consuming) to make grass yourself.

http://www.nproject.org/nl/modelspoor-scenery/gras-en-ballast.html

Really interested in your reasoning

A yes, very nice!!!! Thanks for the link Gis!!!

Offline Giorginetto

• Playmo Master
  • Playmobil Aficionado
    • TheGiorginetto channel
« Reply #405 on: August 05, 2010, 09:35:48 »
Thanks, Gis That is very nice indeed !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Better than the green thick cloth i am planning to sue ( havent bought it yet) , will go to Marklin trains and check if i can buy some of that as they have something similar/ same if they dont have it i will use for now this cloth

Sir Wolf there is a shop in Peristeri in Athens that sells that , its very cheap about 2 euros per square meter or something , i dont have on me their contact details but PM you if you like. The modelling cloth looks much better though though i dont now about price and how big the pieces can be ( i need 4x5m2 and 2.2x 2.2 m2 sheets ...)

Offline Gis

• Playmo Master
  • Polar Bears are cool!
« Reply #406 on: August 05, 2010, 09:41:16 »
Quick search shows that the price is rough 8 Euro for pieces of 0,8 x 1 Meters.

I so about 4+ times as expensive as the cloth

Offline Giorginetto

• Playmo Master
  • Playmobil Aficionado
    • TheGiorginetto channel
« Reply #407 on: August 05, 2010, 09:48:11 »
Quick search shows that the price is rough 8 Euro for pieces of 0,8 x 1 Meters.

I so about 4+ times as expensive as the cloth

Thansk Gis , i actually emailed them about 15sec ago asking for two pieces one 4x5m2 and one 2.2x2.2 m2 for the darker green cloth ... hopefully they can sent by express mail as i start building  this sunday !!!!!!!!!!!

This Sunday the Mediaval Castle and City , the Forest  and all of its animal and magic inhabitants , the Dragon Knights castle and rock palace, the Vikings will start being build , i only hope 6 full days will be enough !!!!!

:yippee: :yippee: :yippee: :yippee: :yippee: :yippee: :yippee: :yippee: :yippee: :yippee: :yippee: :yippee: :yippee: :yippee: :yippee: :yippee: :yippee: :yippee: :yippee: :yippee: :yippee: :yippee: :yippee: :yippee: :yippee: :yippee: :yippee: :yippee: :yippee: :yippee: :yippee: :yippee:

Offline Wolf Knight

• Playmo Guru
« Reply #408 on: August 05, 2010, 11:30:43 »
Sir Wolf there is a shop in Peristeri in Athens that sells that , its very cheap about 2 euros per square meter or something , i dont have on me their contact details but PM you if you like. The modelling cloth looks much better though though i dont now about price and how big the pieces can be ( i need 4x5m2 and 2.2x 2.2 m2 sheets ...)

I was plannignt for the modeling cloth too. I'l visit my local model shop to get prices and ideas! So thanks, anyway! ;)

Offline skypurr

• Crafty Klicky
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #409 on: August 05, 2010, 12:41:26 »
I used the 'model' grass in my park in our exhibition and it looked very good ....

however some of the figures kept falling over and had to be fastened down with 'blutack' to keep them in place.
For most of the displays we used vinyl table covering which we painted with emulsion paint and in some cases we mixed this with acrylic paints to get the colours we wanted. 
For the medieval display we used plain black vinyl. 
We marked out the inside of the walls and painted that grey and for the outside Junior had the idea of using the brush to stipple it with shades of green, I thought the end result gave a very good effect.

Elaine  :)

It was more economical at only £3.00 a metre (I think it was about 1.5m wide) and in most cases only needed one coat of paint and dried in a few hours.  It also meant that we could have different base colours on one display very easily.
(I'll be posting photos of the other displays in a new post soon!)
          A house is not a home without a cat (or two).