Author Topic: 5909 Dragon Knight Blister (with white horse)  (Read 5317 times)

Offline Martin Milner

• Eugene, Oregon, USA
  • Playmo Master
    • An Englishman in Eugene
5909 Dragon Knight Blister (with white horse)
« on: February 01, 2011, 18:45:34 »
HF: 75g/$7 = 10.7 g/$

This might be the last ever Target exclusive blister, as Target appears to have given Playmobil the heave-ho.

I bought this more for the interest than because I liked it particularly. I didn't really want to spend the extra $3 to get a horse I didn't need, though if it had had a full caparison it would have made this set a must-have.

The winged knight has a helmet style previously work exclusively by the Green Knights, and his body print doesn't really go with the rest of the dark dragon knights. I would have given him the 30 20 2122 closed helm, which looks better on the evil guys. However his helmet can easily be swapped, and will be. Shame he has no shield.

The Green Knight has sword, dagger and large shield, and the cloak/hood combination I like to use for archers and scouts. Presumably he rides the white horse as his opponent has wings.

Not a bad set in value, and I wish I'd bought more at the time, now that they might be near-impossible to get again. The Green knight is the better figure IMO, despite his y-fronts.

Offline Wolf Knight

• Playmo Guru
Re: 5909 Dragon Knight Blister (with white horse)
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2011, 18:53:00 »
Great review Martin, thanks for the pics! I am hoping this pack will be available in Greece as well!!

However, I think the red large shield belongs to the winged knight. Its red, so it clearly signifies a red dragon knight equipment!

Offline bonniebeth

• playmo zoo architect
  • Playmo Guru
    • my youtube channel
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2011, 18:55:33 »
Nice review, Martin!  :thanks:
My playmobil zoo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-0grq9acog
In the end, we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. We will understand only what we are taught.

Offline Martin Milner

• Eugene, Oregon, USA
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2011, 19:31:46 »
...I think the red large shield belongs to the winged knight. It's red, so it clearly signifies a red dragon knight equipment!

You're right! I'm red-green colorblind so it's redness did not strike me as much as its shape, the shape used on all previous occasions for the Green Knights. Hmmm.... wrong helmet, wrong shield shape.

I'm starting to wonder if the designer of this set had bothered to look at the other sets in the theme.  :hmm:

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2011, 19:37:24 »
Thanks for the review, Martin.  I think the winged knight without his wings and with the shield and on the horse would look good.  The green figures says "footpad" to me.
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline Gis

• Playmo Master
  • Polar Bears are cool!
« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2011, 19:58:20 »
Never seen this blister, it's a good one though...I like the "metal" horse head cover.

Great review Martin!

Is somebody keeping track of the heft values?

Offline Bolingbroke

• Playmo Master
« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2011, 20:07:17 »
I like the horse. But not much else.

What is the Y-fronted belt supposed to represent anyway? Are the wearers suffering from a hernia?
"Company, villanous company, hath been the spoil of me."

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2011, 21:35:21 »

What is the Y-fronted belt supposed to represent anyway?

A diaper what else  ;)
If you hear the sound of the bell which will tell you that Grigori has been killed, if it was your relations who have wrought my death, then no one in the family will remain alive. They will be killed by the Russian people. :prays:

Offline PrimusPilus

• Playmo Addict
  • Aut caesar, aut nihil!
« Reply #8 on: February 01, 2011, 21:39:34 »
Nice one, I have it also.
But is it really a Target exclusive pack? i ask because I bought mine at a toy store and we don't even have Target here in Brazil.
Cheers!
Luciano

Offline Martin Milner

• Eugene, Oregon, USA
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #9 on: February 01, 2011, 21:52:25 »
I like the horse. But not much else.

What is the Y-fronted belt supposed to represent anyway? Are the wearers suffering from a hernia?

They first appeared on jungle natives to represent loincloths. They later appeared on Roman Gladiators, where a loincloth or anti-hernia brace was reasonable, or at least at least would be if they had bare legs. Playmobil are now sadly of the opinion that they look good everywhere. They don't.

Similarly they've started using the Roman legionary gladius belt for other figures. Problem is, it was designed for the gladius and other swords and daggers don't fit properly.