Author Topic: My New Castle  (Read 5210 times)

Offline Giorginetto

• Playmo Master
  • Playmobil Aficionado
    • TheGiorginetto channel
Re: My New Castle
« Reply #40 on: June 01, 2011, 08:26:46 »
check out my thread ' mediavel set up - volume II' , where my steck city is set , its a horrid  design though  :-[ :-[ :-[, indeed a boring steck set up but at least one can see the possibilities are limitless with steck !!!
:knight: Steck is Holy . Bring back more steck sets and its guardians , the Nuremberg Guards :knight:

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #41 on: June 01, 2011, 08:46:24 »
check out my thread ' mediavel set up - volume II' , where my steck city is set , its a horrid  design though  :-[ :-[ :-[, indeed a boring steck set up but at least one can see the possibilities are limitless with steck !!!
Wow. Commented there ;)

Offline Giorginetto

• Playmo Master
  • Playmobil Aficionado
    • TheGiorginetto channel
« Reply #42 on: June 01, 2011, 09:06:32 »
That's what I mean... Assembly buildings are fun to put together... and just about ANYONE can do it, without ever seeing the stuff before or without instructions... Now System X.. maybe I'm just too stupid, but I don't think I can just get to a pile of it and actually build something without instructions...

And it is NOT fun to put those idiotic pieces. And then they stick randomly in one of the two parts when we "break" the thing to put it away - not handy to put in a box.

I detect another Steck hardcore in the forum !!!!  :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
:knight: Steck is Holy . Bring back more steck sets and its guardians , the Nuremberg Guards :knight:

Offline kenc

• Playmo Lover
« Reply #43 on: June 01, 2011, 09:20:52 »
I feel I need to react, here, guys. I used to be a hardcore steck lover as well. I enjoyed building my castle Neveling a lot. But now it seems I enjoyed building my Sys-x cathedral with equal feelings. It has been discussed a thousand times on the board(s), as to looks, Steck serves the medieval world best. Sys-X is better for modern buildings AND for cathedral/church building. The model I had in mind for my cathedral just couldn't be done with Steck, I needed Sys-X for that. Now my cathedral will be the main orientation point in my Steck city whereas it's built with Sys-x and I'm very happy the system provides exactly the parts I needed.

Steck forever!  ;D
Sys-x forever (if Geobra continues to produce small, interesting, and cheaper parts & plugs)  ;D

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #44 on: June 01, 2011, 09:23:59 »
I detect another Steck hardcore in the forum !!!!  :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Quite. And you know the "worse"? I was never really interested in it. The sets were expensive, and in reality, the castles (and buildings in general) are far too small for the little guys.

Until the day my sister got the magician's workshop (for the rest, not for the tiny ruined tower). I must have played for hours with that dozen pieces....  :-[  It was my downfall.  After that, we got all the assembly...

We made a big find one day, in a store near an old commercial center, the kind that sells mostly mags and newspapers.. we found the old castle (3450)... about 50 EUR (though we didn't have Euros back then) :)

Offline grangel

• Playmo Master
  • Medieval military designer
« Reply #45 on: June 01, 2011, 10:08:36 »
I feel I need to react, here, guys. I used to be a hardcore steck lover as well. I enjoyed building my castle Neveling a lot. But now it seems I enjoyed building my Sys-x cathedral with equal feelings. It has been discussed a thousand times on the board(s), as to looks, Steck serves the medieval world best. Sys-X is better for modern buildings AND for cathedral/church building. The model I had in mind for my cathedral just couldn't be done with Steck, I needed Sys-X for that. Now my cathedral will be the main orientation point in my Steck city whereas it's built with Sys-x and I'm very happy the system provides exactly the parts I needed.

Steck forever!  ;D
Sys-x forever (if Geobra continues to produce small, interesting, and cheaper parts & plugs)  ;D

I 'm respecting your opinion but i cannot say that i'm fully agree with it.Also when i 'm seeing your avatar i can not argue with a fellow yellow dragon!!!

Offline kenc

• Playmo Lover
« Reply #46 on: June 01, 2011, 10:17:10 »
I 'm respecting your opinion but i cannot say that i'm fully agree with it.Also when i 'm seeing your avatar i can not argue with a fellow yellow dragon!!!

Agreed, I've seen your magnicifient Ithacian army customs, so no need for argueing!  ;D  ;D Indeed the main army in my empire Ening is built around the yellow/purple dragon knights for eleven years now... we should ally against ever growing templar/lion/dragon/falcon armies, etc  ;D  ;D  ;D

Offline grangel

• Playmo Master
  • Medieval military designer
« Reply #47 on: June 01, 2011, 10:41:13 »
Agreed, I've seen your magnicifient Ithacian army customs, so no need for argueing!  ;D  ;D Indeed the main army in my empire Ening is built around the yellow/purple dragon knights for eleven years now... we should ally against ever growing templar/lion/dragon/falcon armies, etc  ;D  ;D  ;D

This is a glorious day!! All the yellow dragons together as a fist! You can count also to BlackKnightrealms.He is a fellow yellow dragon.You are welcome my new ally!!!
Have you post any photos of your glorious army that my silly memory can not recall.I have a serious memory problem after two kids.!! ;D ;D 8} :lol:

Offline Giorginetto

• Playmo Master
  • Playmobil Aficionado
    • TheGiorginetto channel
« Reply #48 on: June 01, 2011, 11:10:23 »
 It was my downfall.  

:evilplan: :evilplan: :evilplan: :evilplan:

When I saw in the mid 90s the 3666 for the first time , i felt dizzy and disoriented , i literally run to toy shops to get one and bought  another a few weeks later, and been buying since then , my downfall wasnt then though it was when i was around 5 and i constantly demanded a klicky every day from my parents, wouldnt let any kids come near my playmobil except a friend who also had loads of playmobil and we used to play with our playmobil ( he donated it all to me when i was about 22...) and keep all the otehr kids away, once a family visited us and the kiddo visiting was messing with my toys , i rememebr i threw him a glass of water ansd said I did it meself. No regrets, i had to protect my collection !!!!  :lol: :lol: :lol:

Offline Hadoque

• Capitaine de la "Licorne"
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #49 on: June 02, 2011, 20:23:42 »
I've bought my first non-steck castle about 1,5 month ago, the new small 4866.
I skpped the previous sys-X castles cause they didn't appeal to me.
The latest ones however look better, though there are again many (even) bigger parts included and no or not much options to change the build-up. But the shape of the 4866, with the DS-extension sets, looks just right for a 17th-18th century harbour-fortress. Think I'll order a few more wall-parts from DS to make enlarge it even more...

Resistance is futile, you will be boarded!