Author Topic: A collector's corner  (Read 5345 times)

Offline tonguello

• Playmo Master
    • tonguello
A collector's corner
« on: October 22, 2012, 01:26:28 »
This is the project you guys helped me with. The room is not finished but the project is.
All your input had taken me to make the right choice. So thank you all and here it is.

I decided I wanted that corner to represent myself as a collector, as I said in the other thread.
So I started thinking about the milestones in this 34 years I've been owning and collecting Playmobil.
First one was Childhood.
My parents got me my first Playmobil when I was 4, and I still have it. I never stopped playing until I was 14 or 15. Several clickies survived that era in good conditions but the one I picked for the project was the smith from the 3430. It wasn't my first but I loved he had shoes so I played a lot with him.  ;D Later it took a lot of value for me for I knew how much my parents had to sacrifice to buy that set . . . among other things.

Another milestone: Coming back to Playmobil.
As a teenager I lost my interest , but not my love, for Playmobil, so I kept them all in a box.
In 2003 I was working as an architect and also studying to become a pastry chef. So one day walking by a toy shop I saw a little box that caught my eye. It surprised me it was a Playmobil box. I had lost contact with the brand for about 14 years so I had missed a lot. The clicky in the box was a little chef. So I got in and bought it, along with another clickies which new details seemed amazing to me. This Special marked my comeback to my dear brand and lit the spark of collecting Specials, what took me to collect everything else.  :lol:

And thirdly I thought of using my #1000 clicky, or my very first custom, or something like that. But it hit me that something happend before that. Something that led me to have 1000 clickies and to customize.
So the third milestone was: The internet.
I came across Ebay, Playmobil.de, Playmofriends etc etc etc.
So I decided to use my very first internet purchase which took me to many many many more.
Special Count Dracula.

So this is my little project completed.
I still have something else coming up for my most beloved custom, which is another thing that I think defines me as a collector... but for that, you will have to wait.

:wave:
...“But waiting can’t be bad, for plastic men, as I have learnt, are made to wait when playing's done”...
Check my blog: www.funfanphotoys.tumblr.com

Offline Pynedor

• Playmo Master
Re: A collector's corner
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2012, 02:07:25 »
It looks great, mate. You made some fine choices. ;)
~Pynedor~

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2012, 03:05:34 »
your project looks very beautiful. Thanks for taking the time to write the reasons to why you chose them, it makes the project even better. interesting reflections
If you hear the sound of the bell which will tell you that Grigori has been killed, if it was your relations who have wrought my death, then no one in the family will remain alive. They will be killed by the Russian people. :prays:

Offline bonniebeth

• playmo zoo architect
  • Playmo Guru
    • my youtube channel
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2012, 03:27:25 »
This is gorgeous, Gaston! I really really love it. :love: Our beloved klickys look so classy encased in a shadow box like that, and I love the reasons you chose those particular klickys. Great job, and thanks for showing us! Can't wait to see the rest. ;D
My playmobil zoo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-0grq9acog
In the end, we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. We will understand only what we are taught.

Offline Tiermann

• Playmo Master
  • Playmosaurus friendus
    • Animobil
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2012, 03:40:59 »
Great choices Gaston, thanks for sharing them with us

Offline Wolf Knight

• Playmo Guru
« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2012, 05:56:35 »
Excellent choices, Gaston! Personal and very representing!!! Thanks for sharing the pics and your experience as a collector with us!!! Now someone will think twice before trying to analyse you  ;)  ;D

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2012, 07:25:12 »
Beautiful :)

Is that your playmoroom? Seems so nice, the bit we can see... If it's not intruding... :picsplz:

Now.. working as an architect AND studying to be a pastry chef?! :o

Offline Georgeag1972

• Playmo Master
« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2012, 08:45:45 »
Excellent choices Indeed, well done Gaston.
If that room is your playmroom I agree with tahra,  :picsplz: :picsplz:

Friendly George. :)
  Your passion, is inspiration for us!!!!

Offline tonguello

• Playmo Master
    • tonguello
« Reply #8 on: October 22, 2012, 11:45:59 »
Thank you everyone!!

Unfortunatelly I don't have a playmoroom  :'(, that is my bedroom. I have small showcases there, displaying my collection. I'll show it all when it is finished.  :love:

Yeap Tahra, I was 29 back then, I had been an architect for 6 years and was wanting/needing something else, so got into cook school.  :lol: :lol: :lol:. It was a tuff year !  :lol: :lol: After that I swore I would never go to school EVER again  :lol: :lol: :lol:
...“But waiting can’t be bad, for plastic men, as I have learnt, are made to wait when playing's done”...
Check my blog: www.funfanphotoys.tumblr.com

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #9 on: October 22, 2012, 11:48:17 »
Unfortunatelly I don't have a playmoroom  :'(, that is my bedroom. I have small showcases there, displaying my collection. I'll show it all when it is finished.  :love:

Yeap Tahra, I was 29 back then, I had been an architect for 6 years and was wanting/needing something else, so got into cook school.  :lol: :lol: :lol:. It was a tuff year !  :lol: :lol: After that I swore I would never go to school EVER again  :lol: :lol: :lol:

Ah, ok - I love that kind of furniture - clean lines, and the color too :love:  (and I saw a playmobox there..)

I just thought it odd to go for so different things :)  But I suppose that was probably the point, no?