Author Topic: Violent Playmobil.  (Read 8766 times)

Offline matchboxluc

• custom master
  • Playmo Lover
  • seventies lover
Re: Violent Playmobil.
« Reply #30 on: November 24, 2005, 19:28:50 »
This tread made me look at the boxes of my old Playmobil collection and found on set 3561 (the wintersport set) some pictures that may yield a slightly sadistic impression 8}. Here are pictures of a clumsy female ice skater...
phantasy is in the mind, realisation is in my hands!

Offline matchboxluc

• custom master
  • Playmo Lover
  • seventies lover
« Reply #31 on: November 24, 2005, 19:30:00 »
And here someone casually falls over the edge.... ;D
phantasy is in the mind, realisation is in my hands!

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
« Reply #32 on: November 24, 2005, 20:59:50 »
But in many ways this is the "violence" of childhood, the sort of slapstick "violence" of the early cinema and the music hall.  There is no venom in it, no desire to see anyone hurt, only in all likelihood a relief that it isn't you falling on your behind.
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline Psyche

• Playmo Lover
  • Here's to 2006!
« Reply #33 on: November 25, 2005, 00:50:52 »
I agree Gordon...a bit like old Popeye cartoons. Horribly violent but without "real" venom. Good word that.
Um...if I say something you really don't want to hear, do you promise not to bite me?" - Willow, BTVS

Offline Morgan

• Playmo Lover
« Reply #34 on: November 25, 2005, 14:17:43 »
I believe you are right, Playmofire.

Offline D2

• x
  • Playmo Fanatic
  • I come from Uchronys...
    • Uchronys
« Reply #35 on: January 28, 2007, 17:03:56 »
I collect my Playmobil MISB and pay a lot of attention to the small scenes printed on the boxes. On one of my Pirate boxes set 3480/3051 Pirate crew released in the 80's I came across what I consider a fairly nasty little scene. It's probably not a very good thing to put on a box for a toy thats aimed at kids 4+, holding a knife to lady klicky's throat, so how do you think Playmobil got around this, I'm not showing you the full image just yet.

I think it's not realy violent :

- money or life !
- take my wife she's all my life !

Offline socrates

• Geobra Gourmet
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #36 on: February 04, 2007, 13:10:34 »
 :)
I am not sure if it came up here as well...
...but recently there has been a campaign to stop the selling of the playmobil pirate ship in indonesia (?) because of the extenuation of the pirate action...

Actually, I think it is very interesting of what you have to think of if you place your product on a world-wide market... while still in germany pirates, cowboys and knights have a very romantic aspect of fights for honor and against dragons and hunting for treasures, in other parts of the world people loose their lives being robbed and savaged by pirates...

...just as well read in another newspaper that the number of pirate acts in the year 2004 has been estimated at about 25.000...  8}

best
socrates
"Just living is not enough," said the butterfly, "one must have sunshine, freedom, and a little flower."
— Hans Christian Andersen