Author Topic: Detailed pictures of Spirit series on Amazon.de!  (Read 1774 times)

Offline Hadoque

• Capitaine de la "Licorne"
  • Playmo Master
Re: Detailed pictures of Spirit series on Amazon.de!
« Reply #10 on: July 15, 2018, 21:06:16 »
To be honest, I start to like the body shapes of the youngsters,

To me, these new figures are not Playmobil anymore... way too far off from the original klickies. And imho they´re ugly as hell.

Resistance is futile, you will be boarded!

Offline GrahamB

• Playmo Master
    • Playmofanatic
« Reply #11 on: July 16, 2018, 06:45:22 »
The molded head from ... Sir Gareth? is a normal one, so highly usable..

I hadn't realised that!

Ghostbusters had a weird new one - those more recent: Spengler with VERY WEIRD hair (had to look, I can't tell them apart)

And I missed that one too!

Thanks, Tahra!
At that moment the ship suddenly stopped rocking and swaying, the engine pitch settled down to a gentle hum. 'Hey Ford.' said Zaphod, 'that sounds good. Have you worked out the controls on this boat?' 'No,' said Ford, 'I just stopped fiddling with them.' (With thanks to Douglas Adams)

Offline The_Mad_Hadder

• Playmo Addict
« Reply #12 on: July 16, 2018, 15:39:33 »
To me, these new figures are not Playmobil anymore... way too far off from the original klickies. And imho they´re ugly as hell.

I agree with this, at what point is it no longer playmobil and something else? That was one thing that really remained the same, the klickies, sure they brought in the moveable wrist, then the two part molded feet (i.e boots, etc), and then the different hair types,  but the heads, the overall shape had remained the same. As for the point on Licensing and becoming as close to what the reference, they didn't do that with Ghost busters, other then making the new monsters and hair.

No what I think we are seeing is the evolution of a toy where the founder has passed on and it is becoming more about modernization driving by profits.
"Begin at the beginning and go on till you come to the end; then stop." Lewis Carroll