Author Topic: 3270 pneumatic drill  (Read 6378 times)

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
3270 pneumatic drill
« on: February 16, 2007, 15:21:09 »
I another thread, Outback raised a question on this item, so it seemed a good idea to kill two birds with one stone and answer his question and do a review.  The box isn't readily available, and nor is the figure which comes with the drill, I'm afraid, but the Playmofriends anniversary figure kindly offered to stand in as a size guide.

The new pneumatic drill is appreciably smaller than the earlier version, but then that reflects real life.  The first four shots show the new and the old drills together.

“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
Re: 3270 pneumatic drill
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2007, 15:27:59 »
Now the new version by itself.

There is stowage for the drill and it's tubing on the chassis and the new-style Playmobil construction logo on the side. 

The drill is a new version with two handles rather than one as with the earlier version.  The white tubing is now replaced by fine plastic "wire" with a small sphere at each end to locate it in the trailer mechanicals.

The rear is very simple with the warning triangles printed on and the number plate a sticker added after purchase.
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2007, 15:38:23 »
Now to the bit that interests Outback, the insides and trailer itself.

The trailer cover tilts up clear of the mechanicals inside, although you need to remove the drill from its place to do this.  The mechanicals are a basic engine and compressor shape with little detailing, as might be expected as they'll rarely be seen, plus what ca be seen at the front of the trailer when the cover is down.

The rearmost part of the mechanicals can be unclipped and removed, but the part that juts out through the cover is cast as part of the trailer (In suspect that this will be a source of disappointment or frustration for Outback).

This isn't one of the leading edge Playmobil productions, but it is a good example of what you might call good basic Playmobil in that it gets across the look and feel of a pneumatic drill unit simply and effectively and with good quality and offers plenty of play value.

So that's it folks; hope you found it interesting/useful.

Offline Outback

• The Original Playmo Jeep Guy!
  • Playmo Fanatic
  • Everything Playmobil Jeep!
    • Jeepmobil is being revamped - but there's Jeeps here!
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2007, 15:55:08 »
Hey Gordon, Thanks! Great review, and with the pictures answered all my questions.

I think I can work with the piece that's not removable. Next time I'm in the city for Playmo, I'm going to get this one and begin my first custom project of the year.

Now, can you do the same for the older one? lol, or at least show me the insides of it and how it works? It sure is quite a bit larger than the current offering. Unbelievable!

D

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2007, 16:02:18 »
Hey Gordon, Thanks! Great review, and with the pictures answered all my questions.

I think I can work with the piece that's not removable. Next time I'm in the city for Playmo, I'm going to get this one and begin my first custom project of the year.

Now, can you do the same for the older one? lol, or at least show me the insides of it and how it works? It sure is quite a bit larger than the current offering. Unbelievable!

D
Thanks for your comments, Dunc, and glad to help.

The pneumatic drill is no longer current, but hopefully you won't have any problems finding one.  If you do, let me know and I can try over here.

I'll do some more photos of the old version over the weekend and email you them as it probably isn't of general interest.

Offline Outback

• Playmo Fanatic
« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2007, 16:21:25 »
OK thanks Gordon. Much appreciated.

Offline Tiermann

• Playmo Master
  • Playmosaurus friendus
    • Animobil
« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2007, 22:21:11 »
Gordon - it's Playmobil, of course it is of interest.
Nice review.

Offline Sylvia

• Administrator
  • Playmo Master
    • Just For Kl!cks
« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2007, 12:33:38 »
I'm not a big enthusiast of this particular theme, but I still enjoyed your review very much. Thanks for the time and trouble you have taken on this, Gordon. :)

It's interesting to see how certain items evolve and the small details which change or get improved. :)

And it's also really nice to see one of the PF mascots getting a little workout again. :yup:

Hmmm.... I think perhaps we should give those 2 klickies first names.... how about Maureen (for the female version, of course!) and William? :hmm:

Mo and Bill, for short? ;D

:0*quickly ducks for cover*

Offline Outback

• Playmo Fanatic
« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2007, 16:13:52 »
Mo and Bill, for short? ;D

:0*quickly ducks for cover*

That's just bad Sylvia.  :hmm: ::)   

You better duck for cover lololol.  ;)

Offline Little Jo

• Tool Master
  • Playmo Master
    • Little Jo's PlaymoWorld
« Reply #9 on: February 18, 2007, 17:03:37 »
I like Maureen and William, hm ... or maybe we should take Pete and Maureen, so you can appreviate them as P&M or just PM  ;D -- or what about Pauline and Frederic respectively the other way round Paul & Florence (for P&F or just PF ;))

BTW, has these figures introduces somewhere on the board on a "sticky place"?

Oh, and just to stay on topic: great review, Gordon. I really like the "new" way you're making those little photo review stories.  :D