Author Topic: Steck houses reference  (Read 14523 times)

Offline basilsdad

• Playmo Master
Re: Steck houses reference
« Reply #20 on: July 26, 2011, 10:50:04 »
I never get tired watching over and over steck houses, they are indeed the best think that playmobil ever created in my opinion and as a matter of fact one of the best toy lines/ construction system. i bought my first steck in 1978 and still use it. the bakery i bought in 1981 or 1982 i cant be sure and its still 100% intact all stickers and everything 100% . I have over 40 steck houses i hope to get anotehr 40 in the next decade and create a double the size castle and cirty from the current one . Unfortunatelly there is never enough steck !!!!
I wish I started collecting back then.  Had no idea about this theme at the time.  :(  I wonder if there is any chance that PM will re-release them.  ???
Joe 
"One cat just leads to another."
 - Ernest Hemingway

Offline Tiermann

• Playmo Master
  • Playmosaurus friendus
    • Animobil
« Reply #21 on: July 26, 2011, 13:57:55 »
I think if the Bakery goes over well in this year's DS catalog that there is a good chance they will continue releasing the sets one at a time. They did that first colored red house after a campaign by collectors, and then followed up with blue and yellow on their own initiative. What I would most like to see next is one with the squared roof like the Museum. That would make all of the hard to get roof parts available again.

Offline Wesley Myers

• Playmo Master
« Reply #22 on: July 26, 2011, 16:39:59 »
I wish I started collecting back then.  Had no idea about this theme at the time.  :(  I wonder if there is any chance that PM will re-release them.  ???
Joe 

You can get most of the parts for the houses/buildings separately and put them together.  A few of the parts are hard to get (ie signs, museum roof, front of blacksmith) but the release of the bakery alone covers so many of these pieces so you can start putting them together.

There is nothing saying you can't be creative and start making your own buildings!

Mix and match pieces together to create really neat constructs.

I think that's what I may do next.  Try to make some of my own designs and order the extra parts that I will need (ie roofs, windows, etc).

Offline basilsdad

• Playmo Master
« Reply #23 on: July 26, 2011, 17:51:52 »
You can get most of the parts for the houses/buildings separately and put them together.  A few of the parts are hard to get (ie signs, museum roof, front of blacksmith) but the release of the bakery alone covers so many of these pieces so you can start putting them together.

There is nothing saying you can't be creative and start making your own buildings!

Mix and match pieces together to create really neat constructs.

I think that's what I may do next.  Try to make some of my own designs and order the extra parts that I will need (ie roofs, windows, etc).
That is a great idea, Wes . . . why hadn't I thought of that???  :P

Joe
"One cat just leads to another."
 - Ernest Hemingway

Offline Wolf Knight

• Playmo Guru
« Reply #24 on: July 26, 2011, 19:33:33 »
I had a few ideas about that the past year or so  ;D

and of course my Tabard Inn attached... ---The name was suggested by playmofire, so Gordon you are actually the godfather of this inn  :)

Offline WarriorOfToys

• Wargaming Fanatic
  • Playmo Master
    • Come check out my Playmobil movies!
« Reply #25 on: July 26, 2011, 19:36:20 »
I love that inn! :love: :)9
Steck is BACK! <:>

Offline bonniebeth

• playmo zoo architect
  • Playmo Guru
    • my youtube channel
« Reply #26 on: July 26, 2011, 19:36:26 »
Oh! That one is AWESOME, Panos!  :love:
My playmobil zoo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-0grq9acog
In the end, we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. We will understand only what we are taught.

Offline tonguello

• Playmo Master
    • tonguello
« Reply #27 on: July 26, 2011, 19:50:04 »
 :love: :love: :love: :love:
love those!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
...“But waiting can’t be bad, for plastic men, as I have learnt, are made to wait when playing's done”...
Check my blog: www.funfanphotoys.tumblr.com

Offline Wesley Myers

• Playmo Master
« Reply #28 on: July 26, 2011, 20:14:16 »
I can't agree more with you George!! My first steck house was the pottery one... so much fun...

Ok here is the next house: 3448 Medieval Inn....

Look at the attached pics first at the end of this post... this set became available in two editions... one with green stickers and the other with an orange and blue sticker... he one with the green stickers had a green robin-hood-like hat on the sign white the other one had a crown. I have the crown one, but the building of both houses is the same. apart from a little detail... the first house (green stickers)
and the lower floor layout...

So if someone (let's say for the sake of argument, me) had a sign with both green and orange on it would that mean there could have been a version with green AND orange decals?

Or could that indicate that I have two inns?

I have a little robin hood hat. 

Offline Wolf Knight

• Playmo Guru
« Reply #29 on: July 26, 2011, 20:16:27 »
So if someone (let's say for the sake of argument, me) had a sign with both green and orange on it would that mean there could have been a version with green AND orange decals?

Or could that indicate that I have two inns?

I have a little robin hood hat. 

you mean two different signs? or a single sign with one side being green and the other orange?

---edit---

Look what I found

http://cgi.ebay.de/PLAYMOBIL-3448-AUFKLEBERBOGEN-FRANZOSISCH-NEU-/360378354453?pt=DE_Allesf%C3%BCrKind_Spielzeug_Playmobil&hash=item53e8394b15

so obviously, the set came with two sets of stickers... and you could choose which ones to use.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2011, 20:25:25 by Wolf Knight »