Author Topic: Dragonland  (Read 10268 times)

Offline Wolf Knight

• Playmo Guru
Re: Dragonland
« Reply #10 on: March 28, 2010, 17:19:31 »
All the sets together cost about 250 euros. It is quite a lot but its fun discovering the new aspect and designs of Playmobil. Who knows? They might not even produce sets with similar design, especially on klickies.

Offline playmo1989

• Playmo Master
« Reply #11 on: March 28, 2010, 19:06:30 »
i hope not
i'am joking yes they might not produce them again but there will be still on the market for a few years. there are some parts that light on why is this from the story you have read?
The spirits rule !!!!

Offline Wolf Knight

• Playmo Guru
« Reply #12 on: March 28, 2010, 20:56:40 »
The weapons light up because the breath of the dragon (blue fire) gave them its mugic touch...
The big dragon's mouth also lights up but the effect is not very exciting...not nearly as ecxiting as the blue flame flashing!!!!

Offline playmo1989

• Playmo Master
« Reply #13 on: March 28, 2010, 21:04:55 »
intresting  :o
The spirits rule !!!!

Offline playmo1989

• Playmo Master
« Reply #14 on: March 28, 2010, 21:07:22 »
a !! the chains that opens the gate are plastic or metal?
The spirits rule !!!!

Offline Wolf Knight

• Playmo Guru
« Reply #15 on: March 28, 2010, 21:14:23 »
they are plastic. Note that the if I lower that gate you will realise that the rock is actually the head of the dragon...

Offline playmo1989

• Playmo Master
« Reply #16 on: March 28, 2010, 22:36:58 »
i didn't understand that :o you meant that the rock will seem like the head of a dragon? metal parts are not used any more by playmobil this is bad!
The spirits rule !!!!

Offline Martin Milner

• Eugene, Oregon, USA
  • Playmo Master
    • An Englishman in Eugene
« Reply #17 on: March 29, 2010, 01:28:42 »
i didn't understand that :o you meant that the rock will seem like the head of a dragon? metal parts are not used any more by playmobil this is bad!

I suspect they had complaints or a safety aspects to consider. Kids these days are likely to poke, pry up nose, swallow or otherwise injure themselves if allowed to play with anything, and then the parents will try to sue the company for their offspring's stupidity.

I'm happy that in my day we were allowed more dangerous toys, and if one or two children killed or maimed themselves, it was put down to natural wastage and added to the Darwin Award List.

On a slight tangent, has anybody else noticed the near-simultaneous release of the Playmobil Dragon World theme with the Dreamworks Animated Movie "How to Train Your Dragon".

Knowing Playmobil's track record I can't help cynically chalking this up to more luck than judgement, but I bet it'll help with Playmobil's sales.

Offline Wolf Knight

• Playmo Guru
« Reply #18 on: March 29, 2010, 05:21:24 »

I'll take a picture when i get back home and show you  ;)

Offline Wolf Knight

• Playmo Guru
« Reply #19 on: March 29, 2010, 05:23:57 »
On a slight tangent, has anybody else noticed the near-simultaneous release of the Playmobil Dragon World theme with the Dreamworks Animated Movie "How to Train Your Dragon".

Knowing Playmobil's track record I can't help cynically chalking this up to more luck than judgement, but I bet it'll help with Playmobil's sales.

Hey i did not know about that...just looked at the trailer!!! looks really good! it would certainly boots up the sails, although i do not see this theme surviving a lot int the greek market...greek mums hate strange creatures...