Author Topic: More US-exclusives 2006!  (Read 3284 times)

Offline Hadoque

• Capitaine de la "Licorne"
  • Playmo Master
More US-exclusives 2006!
« on: July 15, 2006, 03:01:22 »
Hi, Just found pics of some more US-exclusives (Target?)
They contain nothing new I'm afraid (except for the fireman perhaps?)...

Resistance is futile, you will be boarded!

Offline Sylvia

• Administrator
  • Playmo Master
    • Just For Kl!cks
Re: More US-exclusives 2006!
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2006, 08:48:36 »
The Firechief looks like the one in this topic.

Although the other sets contain nothing new, it's nice to see the shipwreck piece being re-released for the benefit of newer collectors. 8-)

Thanks for the info, hadoque! :)

Offline Hadoque

• Capitaine de la "Licorne"
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2006, 10:28:05 »
The Firechief looks like the one in this topic.
You're right, and I also found pics of the baseballplayer and special police on 'the' board... I'll post them in the other thread  ;)

Resistance is futile, you will be boarded!

Offline cachalote

• x
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2006, 11:55:23 »
thank you mon capitaine.  :)
as always, as almost always, a new pirate set made with the simple addition of old parts.
i have to have it, of course, but i would prefer a new and exciting set.
something like the 3861.
i can only imagine (i was'nt collecting playmobil pirates then) the happiness of those who first saw it.
for a small set, it has a quality i much appreciate - the "liaison" to one of the most beautiful stories ever written: daniel defoe's robinson crusoe.
let´s hope playmobil is just getting rid of some old pieces and preparing for some new extra-fantastic sets.
    honni soit qui mal y pense

Offline Richard

• Retired Playmobil
  • Wargamer
  • Playmo Master
    • Garden Wargaming
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2006, 13:47:04 »

Although the other sets contain nothing new, it's nice to see the shipwreck piece being re-released for the benefit of newer collectors. 8-)

Playmobil seems to be using Target stores in the United States  to "bring back" older sets and figures. I never know what I'm going to find when I visit a Target store in my travels. The "Pals" figures that Customizer frequently mentions, are often "recycled" Specials. BTW, I am not complaining. It's been great to be able to add some more of my old favourites to my ever growing collection ... ;)

And, the price is wonderful !!! We only pay $1.99 USD for the Pals Klickys (€1.57 Euro) ... :)

Thanks for the post, Hadoque !!!

All the best,
Richard

Offline Tiermann

• Playmo Master
  • Playmosaurus friendus
    • Animobil
« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2006, 22:37:27 »
The fire chief figure is definitely new - it's been a long time since there was a firefighter in blue.

The knight box says dragon knight on it - so then why is his shield a wolf clan one??? Error one way or the other.

There have been a couple of those lately. On the horse riding set at Target the box back shows one of the horses with it's saddle on backwards.

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2006, 01:26:28 »
The fire chief figure is definitely new - it's been a long time since there was a firefighter in blue.

So his uniform IS blue.  In different shots and on different sites it looks different colours, either blue or grey.
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline hoppatussa

• Southern Belle @ heart
  • Playmo Fanatic
« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2006, 14:30:53 »
While on vacation last week.  I had caught a glimpse of the skeleton island and the pirate on the raft sets.  I was depressed there weren't any other new sets out yet though.  I must have the large pirate ship and the baseball player.