Author Topic: What's on your Christmas List?  (Read 7330 times)

Offline Bill Blackhurst

• Playmo Master
Re: What's on your Christmas List?
« Reply #10 on: November 13, 2009, 02:12:42 »
The wife was pondering a 4th but she wants to tire me out and try for a girl  ::) So if we do this, how do you look in pink  :hehe:

Just awesome  :-*! When are you going to send the plane ticket, & BTW, I'll need to forward my collection to keep it close to me! Do you have a preferred shipping service for a large shipment,....Dad :**:?
  Forget about all of the other stuff,....all we need is the reintroduction of the 3526 Fire Engine!

Offline playmovictorian

• Playmo Master
  • Happy Little Victorians
    • Playmovictorian
« Reply #11 on: November 13, 2009, 10:20:50 »
Hi Ras' :wave:

Just like Bill, I am drooling over the Christmas Presents for your Sons :love:!!!

En entire collection for each of them, they better be good on a 24/7 basis for the next 365 days :lol:...

If the Victorian Theme was still in production, I would definitely be right in line next to Bill for adoption : does Madame fancy a French Brat  ;)?

Karim :)
« Last Edit: November 13, 2009, 10:26:38 by playmovictorian »
La, tout n'est qu'ordre et beaute, luxe, calme et volupte. L'Invitation au Voyage. Charles Baudelaire.1857.

Offline Emma.J

• Playmo Addict
    • Emma.J Blog page
« Reply #12 on: November 14, 2009, 21:17:36 »
 :wave: Hi Ras,
as you want a daughter I think I might just have a better chance of adoption than the guys and I will share my collection as well.  :P

But be honest are those sets really for yours sons or are you saying your buying them for the kids but really your the one playing with them all!!

I just think it's a great idea  :wow: :wow: :wow:
 :hmm: Could it be that these great gifts will look lovely on the top shelf where only you can reach them :hissyfit:
Improvise, adapt, overcome ..... If all else fails FAKE IT!

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #13 on: November 14, 2009, 23:07:55 »
Hello   :lol:

Yes I must warn all you would be adoptee's . My kids are disciplined and have too earn their keep :whip:. Not saying I literally beat them but they have their jobs and I expect them to be done . Yes the Playmobil is for them, but I do play with it. I am the ones who lets them know if they earned their time with it and how it is to be played with ( in a respectful, gentle indoors way ). They are not allowed to play with only a few older fragile sets for now . They have to clean it all up and put it all away where it belongs on the shelfs. This years Christmas will be a bit odd. It is the first time we will spend it away from home. We are spending it in Santa Barbara with my wifes sisters family ( two sons 7 & 3 ). I used to give them Playmobil until I saw how they were allowed to "play" ( more like destroy ) it .

Bill, how about a picture  :lol:

Karim with your culinary skills and my appetite maybe my stash of new 5300's and accessory sets may just come in handy yet 

Emma, I do seem to really enjoy the collecting part of this ride. As far as the top shelf thing goes, my wife taught them at a young age to use ladders. 

The boys have been good this year and in 2008

If you hear the sound of the bell which will tell you that Grigori has been killed, if it was your relations who have wrought my death, then no one in the family will remain alive. They will be killed by the Russian people. :prays:

Offline Richard

• Retired Playmobil
  • Wargamer
  • Playmo Master
    • Garden Wargaming
« Reply #14 on: November 19, 2009, 00:20:23 »

You have three handsome young men there, Ras!

Santa probably thinks that I'm a greedy old man, but I'd love to have the new Safari and Jungle themes as well as the new Dragon Castle theme ...  ;D

Maybe next year, when they finally get to the USA ... ;)

However, the new bikini girl would help keep me happy during the long wait. Wonder what Santa would think about that ...  :lol:

Offline Gepetto

• Playmo Master
« Reply #15 on: November 19, 2009, 19:06:55 »
I am afraid that Christmas is a nonevent around here due to my mother-in-laws health concerns (it is the time of year when cards act as a roll call as to how many of her friends are left), the only real Playmobil I am actively hunting for is an upright piano for my motley group of musicians (looking for musicians too but they are somewhat easier to come by). I spent last Christmas rounding up all the Advent calendars I wanted (though I still don't have a sleigh with a full complement of reindeer) so this will be a relatively quiet time.

Gepetto

Offline Donmobil

• Playmo Fanatic
« Reply #16 on: November 20, 2009, 05:51:58 »
My Christmas wish would be for Playmobil to re-issue the classic Medieval and Western buildings and especially set #3749 Longhorn Trail.  Whatever western sets and figures I ever get, to have enough of these to have a trail herd for rustlers to fight over.

-- Donmobil

Offline Richard

• Retired Playmobil
  • Wargamer
  • Playmo Master
    • Garden Wargaming
« Reply #17 on: November 20, 2009, 23:01:39 »

I am afraid that Christmas is a nonevent around here due to my mother-in-laws health concerns (it is the time of year when cards act as a roll call as to how many of her friends are left), the only real Playmobil I am actively hunting for is an upright piano for my motley group of musicians (looking for musicians too but they are somewhat easier to come by). I spent last Christmas rounding up all the Advent calendars I wanted (though I still don't have a sleigh with a full complement of reindeer) so this will be a relatively quiet time.

Gepetto

Hello, Gepetto ...  :wave:

I've read your post at least a half dozen times.

And, I just had to respond. I feel so bad for you. Christmas should be a time of blue boxes and joy for all of us. What can we do to help? It gives me great pain to read that Gepetto (the toymaker) is going to be unhappy during this coming holiday season ...  :'(

How can we cheer you up? Do we need to come rescue you and take you away to a happier place full of sugar plum fairies and gum drops?

Please help us to help you!

All the best,
Richard

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #18 on: November 20, 2009, 23:13:18 »

How can we cheer you up? Do we need to come rescue you and take you away to a happier place full of sugar plum fairies and gum drops?

Please help us to help you!

the only real Playmobil I am actively hunting for is an upright piano for my motley group of musicians (looking for musicians too but they are somewhat easier to come by).

There is a small- hint hint, nudge nudge in there  ;)
If you hear the sound of the bell which will tell you that Grigori has been killed, if it was your relations who have wrought my death, then no one in the family will remain alive. They will be killed by the Russian people. :prays:

Offline Richard

• Retired Playmobil
  • Wargamer
  • Playmo Master
    • Garden Wargaming
« Reply #19 on: November 20, 2009, 23:46:02 »

There is a small- hint hint, nudge nudge in there  ;)

To the best of my memory, Ras ... The "upright piano" was only offered in the Victorian set 5551. And, that was some twenty years ago!

Even for Santa, this will not be an easy find.
(Maybe Karim can help?)