Author Topic: "rare" 3550 Pirate Ship with MERMAID stickers??  (Read 10789 times)

Offline Rhalius

• Playmo Master
Re: "rare" 3550 Pirate Ship with MERMAID stickers??
« Reply #10 on: May 22, 2012, 08:08:33 »
The rigging was probably a bit of a mistake, its too short.  :)
The ship has been played with an awfull lot and it kind of shows.. I can't remember there being cannonballs, although I have seen sails at a young age, they werent functional anymore. Some things are broken too.. like one of the cannons, two pins on the steering wheel, the upper masts and all the flags, and more little things like that.

Many fond memories of it though.  :)

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #11 on: May 22, 2012, 14:44:40 »
The ship has been played with an awfull lot and it kind of shows.. I can't remember there being cannonballs, although I have seen sails at a young age, they werent functional anymore. Some things are broken too.. like one of the cannons, two pins on the steering wheel, the upper masts and all the flags, and more little things like that.

Many fond memories of it though.  :)

I like to set up the broken ships we have as ones that were in battles or are being built.
If you hear the sound of the bell which will tell you that Grigori has been killed, if it was your relations who have wrought my death, then no one in the family will remain alive. They will be killed by the Russian people. :prays:

Offline Hadoque

• Capitaine de la "Licorne"
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #12 on: May 25, 2012, 00:15:00 »

From looking at the pic, I think you've put in on backwards, so just turn it around, that should solve it.
If not and it is really too short, just saw off a few mm of the mast's top before putting on the crownest. Not too much, otherwise the rigging will be too loose. (though that could be fixed again by putting a small hard substance on the masttop)

Resistance is futile, you will be boarded!

Offline Rhalius

• Playmo Master
« Reply #13 on: May 25, 2012, 00:37:35 »
the rigging really is too short, its the same size as the front rigging. I am not going to saw things off that ship though, its my brothers and not mine.

Offline Hadoque

• Playmo Master
« Reply #14 on: May 25, 2012, 01:04:43 »
Oops! I looked at the frontmast (fok) and not the aft one, my mistake!
But that one isn't too short either, it is just the wrong one that is put on: it is one (4 strings) specifically for the frontmast, the one for the aftmast is longer and has only 3 strings.

Offline Rhalius

• Playmo Master
« Reply #15 on: May 25, 2012, 06:01:03 »
Yes, it seems to have been like that in the box though, there never where other ships here or other rigging.

Heres a pic that may show the full ship a bit better.

Offline Hadoque

• Playmo Master
« Reply #16 on: May 25, 2012, 12:05:24 »
With the new 5135-ship, the front riggings are back in these colours, but the ones for the aftmast are shorter on the 5135 then those on the 3550/3750 pirates' ships, so no chance of getting a spare from DS...
I've no spares for the 3550 left, but if I were you I'd ask around here or look on ebay or so for this specific rigging. You could also look for flagpoles (masttops) from the 3750, the 3940 or the 5135 to put on the top of the ship's masts.
Or do you want to keep that ship like it is?

Offline Rhalius

• Playmo Master
« Reply #17 on: May 25, 2012, 20:35:04 »
well if I'd fix the ship up, I'd want to fix it up completely including sails, a new steering wheel and everything. That might be quite costly and time consuming to find all of it though, and I rather not get into that for now, I am a bit low on funds.

Not sure if I will ever do it though, its not my ship but my brothers. It wont come with me once I find a place of my own. I might want to get my own pirateship instead at that point.

Offline bonniebeth

• playmo zoo architect
  • Playmo Guru
    • my youtube channel
« Reply #18 on: May 25, 2012, 22:45:18 »
Let's get back to the topic, guys.

My playmobil zoo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-0grq9acog
In the end, we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. We will understand only what we are taught.

Offline Giorginetto

• Playmo Master
  • Playmobil Aficionado
    • TheGiorginetto channel
« Reply #19 on: May 27, 2012, 01:53:54 »
I want another 3550 with those stickers now !!!!  ;D ;D ;D
:knight: Steck is Holy . Bring back more steck sets and its guardians , the Nuremberg Guards :knight: