Author Topic: What is DS?  (Read 13645 times)

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
Re: What is DS?
« Reply #20 on: July 31, 2010, 14:37:57 »
Oh thank you Gordon...One last question before Bill wrights me, do they have like everything or when you call the or send them an email, do you just ask them what you need or give them the item number...and if you don't have the item number do you just ask them directly what part you need?

Baden  :)

You ask for what you want and, if Bill's experience is general, they often don't have it!  I doubt if they could find a part on the basis of it's name as what you call it may not be what Playmobil call it and the Playmobil name may be in German.
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline basilsdad

• Playmo Master
« Reply #21 on: July 31, 2010, 15:26:55 »
Thank you Baden for asking the original question and thank you Gordon for all the answers you provided.  All this information is new to me!   ;D
Joe
"One cat just leads to another."
 - Ernest Hemingway

Offline playmo1989

• Playmo Master
« Reply #22 on: July 31, 2010, 15:31:02 »
Oh and also thank you Alex!

Baden  :wave:

so in ds you can find all parts from every set ever produced?
The spirits rule !!!!

Offline baden-wurttemberg

• Firefighter Enthusiast
  • Playmo Master
    • http://stores.ebay.com/Baden-Wurttemberg
« Reply #23 on: July 31, 2010, 15:36:41 »
Thanks Alex!

B-W
Take every chance you get in life, because some things only happen once.

Offline playmo1989

• Playmo Master
« Reply #24 on: July 31, 2010, 15:47:32 »
Thanks Alex!

B-W

baden ??  ??? ???  i ask if in ds you can find all parts from every set ever produced?
The spirits rule !!!!

Offline baden-wurttemberg

• Firefighter Enthusiast
  • Playmo Master
    • http://stores.ebay.com/Baden-Wurttemberg
« Reply #25 on: July 31, 2010, 15:51:48 »
Oh sorry Alex.... :-[   :-[  :-[  :-[ I'm very sorry...it looks like maybe they don't have every single part but almost all. Like maybe only the parts from right know. But still ask Gordon anyways...because I'm not sure.

Take every chance you get in life, because some things only happen once.

Offline playmo1989

• Playmo Master
« Reply #26 on: July 31, 2010, 16:17:35 »
Oh sorry Alex.... :-[   :-[  :-[  :-[ I'm very sorry...it looks like maybe they don't have every single part but almost all. Like maybe only the parts from right know. But still ask Gordon anyways...because I'm not sure.

perhaps only the current parts .. hope gordon knows this ........
The spirits rule !!!!

Offline Wolf Knight

• Playmo Guru
« Reply #27 on: July 31, 2010, 17:08:43 »
Alex, DS has access to all parts yes, but if they can send them to you it depends on the availability of the part, if they have it in stock. If they do not have it, they will order it from the factory or the warehouse, and they will send it to you.
There are of course parts and accessories that are not produced anymeor, and they are not in stock either! So they will tell you if they can get it for you. Again, this is the case in Germany, Belgium, UK, the US etc but not in Greece!

Offline playmo1989

• Playmo Master
« Reply #28 on: July 31, 2010, 17:10:33 »
Alex, DS has access to all parts yes, but if they can send them to you it depends on the availability of the part, if they have it in stock. If they do not have it, they will order it from the factory or the warehouse, and they will send it to you.
There are of course parts and accessories that are not produced anymeor, and they are not in stock either! So they will tell you if they can get it for you. Again, this is the case in Germany, Belgium, UK, the US etc but not in Greece!

your list is only from current parts??
The spirits rule !!!!

Offline Martin Milner

• Eugene, Oregon, USA
  • Playmo Master
    • An Englishman in Eugene
« Reply #29 on: July 31, 2010, 17:31:23 »
so in ds you can find all parts from every set ever produced?

I know I have answered this question from you before in great detail, so this time please pay attention and remember.

1) You order parts by number. If you do no know the number you can't order it. This would be the case for most Specials, and sets that do not include any assembly instructions. Playmodb or a set of instructions in your own collection are the best sources for part numbers.

2) In ordering, it is a good idea to put a name or desciption by the number, as sometimes numbers get mis-typed or mixed up. This also help you when your order arrives. I use the Playmodb descriptions unless I think they are too vague.

e.g. 10 x 30 07 6120 Wall, Flat, Plain, Double-Male Connectors

means I wish to order ten of the standard flat plain steck walls.

3) Some parts have had more than one number over the years. I always use the most recent number when ordering for the best chance of the part being in stock.

4) They can't possibly keep everything in stock. Sets released in the last 1-5 years have the best chance of spare parts being in stock, but older parts may be available. You can always try to order them it doesn't hurt. Older than 5 years, it is reasonable for Playmobil to assume the kids are no longer playing with the same sets, but many old parts are so popular or common (e.g. most steck pieces) that they are still stocked.

5) Very recently released sets have a smaller chance of parts beign in stock. The service is intended to be for replacing lost or broken parts, and it is reasonable to assume that it takes a while for parts to be lost or broken. That said, parts can be in stock immediately or within six months of initial release. You can always try to order them it doesn't hurt.

Strictly speaking DS (Direct Service) is NOT the ordering of spare parts, but the ordering of any set direct from Playmobil. This includes all the add-on sets that are rarely to be found in normal retailers.

The ordering of spare parts (by phone or email) is called the Spare Parts Service. This is supposed to work via each country's website, but when I tried (in the UK) I never once got a response. I eventually got a contact name, phone number and email address for one of the nice ladies in their Basildon offices, and all the spare parts orders I placed over the last three years went through her. I would put my order together, send it via email, and usually the same day get a response with the available parts totalled up for cost includign shipping. I then rang her with my credit card detail, and 2-3 weeks later the order would arrive.

UK orders come direct from Germany in batches, so it is possible to receive, in one postal delivery, two orders placed at different times. It is also possible to have them separated by several weeks if you miss a batch of orders.

I have never orderd any parts in the US, partly because I understand it is almost hopeless. Justindo placed several orders through me while I was still in the UK, because like Bill Blackhurst, he gets a better hit rate this way.

If I were to try an order in the US (which I may in the next few months), I would use this email service@SPAMBLOCKERplaymobilusa.com

Remember to remove the SPAMBLOCKER