Author Topic: Playmobil packaging.  (Read 8465 times)

Offline Luis

• Playmo Master
Re: Playmobil packaging.
« Reply #10 on: February 23, 2011, 23:30:48 »
er...ok sorry but for all of those like me, who live in countries where PM is sold more expensive than in other countries or you just can't find any at all (i.e. Latin America or Asia), big boxes are not so exciting as we have to pay for shipping everytime we want to add something new to our collection :hmm: (right Gastón? :P)

that happened to me with the safari set that came with the cape buffalo and the two zebras...the box of this set was freaking huge for what it really contains, it's ridiculous >:(

big boxes increase significantly int'l shipping costs...i could use that extra money to buy another (small or medium sized) set at least...not to mention the use of room in a carton box or in my bassement
« Last Edit: February 23, 2011, 23:40:01 by Luis »
Enjoy the elegance and fun of 1900 with The Victorians photo story! :gent: ;D :sherlock:

Offline tonguello

• Playmo Master
    • tonguello
« Reply #11 on: February 23, 2011, 23:48:58 »
er...ok sorry but for all of those like me, who live in countries where PM is sold more expensive than in other countries or you just can't find any at all (i.e. Latin America or Asia), big boxes are not so exciting as we have to pay for shipping everytime we want to add something new to our collection :hmm: (right Gastón? :P)

that happened to me with the safari set that came with the cape buffalo and the two zebras...the box of this set was freaking huge for what it really contains, it's ridiculous >:(

big boxes increase significantly int'l shipping costs...i could use that extra money to buy another (small or medium sized) set at least...not to mention the use of room in a carton box or in my bassement

I agree with you Luis  ;)

I also understand Gordon's point of you. But if they get rid of the biggest boxes they can fit those same sets in smaller ones and they would still be in the standarized box system.  :) We all win.

Lets also see the ecologic side of this. Smaller boxes mean less paper.  0)

« Last Edit: February 24, 2011, 00:01:24 by tonguello »
...“But waiting can’t be bad, for plastic men, as I have learnt, are made to wait when playing's done”...
Check my blog: www.funfanphotoys.tumblr.com

Offline Playmoholics

• Playmo Master
« Reply #12 on: February 23, 2011, 23:51:16 »

Yes...Go green!  :**:
Don’t ask what the world needs. Ask what makes you come alive and go do it. Because what the world needs is more people who have come alive – Howard Thurman.
I need Playmobil! 

Offline bonniebeth

• playmo zoo architect
  • Playmo Guru
    • my youtube channel
« Reply #13 on: February 23, 2011, 23:55:18 »
I was just thinking about this box size thing today. i think Gordon's answer makes sense, about the standardized sizes. I have actually bought one set that filled the biggest box, and that was the pony ranch set, 4190. So I guess some sets really are that big!
My playmobil zoo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-0grq9acog
In the end, we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. We will understand only what we are taught.

Offline tonguello

• Playmo Master
    • tonguello
« Reply #14 on: February 23, 2011, 23:58:56 »
Sure.... the dollhouses boxes are ok too. Is not for all sets. but for most of them I think.
3667 castle is also ok but the moon base among others,  is ridiculous... you culd fit 2 in there.  :-\
...“But waiting can’t be bad, for plastic men, as I have learnt, are made to wait when playing's done”...

Offline Bill Blackhurst

• Playmo Master
« Reply #15 on: February 24, 2011, 00:00:39 »

Excellent idea Gaston! Playmbil would be attacking several concerns simultaneously by just changing packaging,.....a win win! :)9
  Forget about all of the other stuff,....all we need is the reintroduction of the 3526 Fire Engine!

Offline bonniebeth

• playmo zoo architect
  • Playmo Guru
    • my youtube channel
« Reply #16 on: February 24, 2011, 00:02:13 »
I agree! Green is the new blue!  :lol:
In the end, we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. We will understand only what we are taught.

Offline tonguello

• Playmo Master
    • tonguello
« Reply #17 on: February 24, 2011, 00:08:41 »
 :love: :love: yes guys!

What about the image design and illustrations? any thoughts?  :hmm:

Offline bonniebeth

• playmo zoo architect
  • Playmo Guru
    • my youtube channel
« Reply #18 on: February 24, 2011, 00:11:11 »
Yes, I think they could use updating, maybe. I think the current box illustrations look somewhat childish. Yes, I realize they are toys.  ::) But they look like they are for very young children, and I think parents pass them by, thinking prescool.

Offline tonguello

• Playmo Master
    • tonguello
« Reply #19 on: February 24, 2011, 00:49:00 »
yeah same feeling here.

sorry t go back to the box sizes but I forgot a very important example!!!
10 days ago a friend from USA sent me this:

Black dragon 3888
Butcher's interior 7457
wedding pianist 4309
yellow submarine 4478
ghost pirate game 7969
2 catalogs

ALL BOXED,  accommodated inside the dragon box. ISTG (I swear to God  :P) See my point?  ;D