Author Topic: Kirkbean Exhibition Progress Report  (Read 1541 times)

Offline skypurr

• Crafty Klicky
  • Playmo Master
Kirkbean Exhibition Progress Report
« on: July 20, 2013, 10:14:45 »
I said I would post a progress report on the setting up of the exhibition so here goes:

Last night we set up the tables and boards; no easy feat as the hall has an assortment of tables of differing lengths and heights.
It took a lot of working out to decide what should go where as in the past the majority of the dioramas have been 8' x 4'
with just a couple of larger ones, however this year there are more of the larger dioramas.
Another problem is accomodating the cafe which needs to be by the play area so I have a limited space to work in.

These may not be as large as some of the dioramas seen in the European Exhibitions but we are limited by the size of the hall, also most of them are done by myself!

This year the dioramas I am attempting to create are :

12' x 8' Holiday Park

12' x 8' Western - Walter (Walts-Trains) is bringing a western train to go with this

8' x 8' Circus

16 ' x 4' Street scene with a parade

8' x 4' Medieval Castle/Town with Jousting/ Fair taking place

and Skypurr Jnr. (My 16 year old son Will) is doing a 8' x 4' Dinosaur Jungle scene

I am also doing some small scenes depicting Fairy Tales / Nursery Rhymes

Gordon (playmofire) is creating a 12' x 8' Estuary Railway

and Walter is bringing a play area and display of the new Alpine theme and new train.

Hoping to get the boards fastened together today and painted ready to begin setting up tomorrow or Monday

Watch this space!  :lol:

A house is not a home without a cat (or two).

Offline el jefe

• Playmo Addict
Re: Kirkbean Exhibition Progress Report
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2013, 21:34:01 »
Sounds like some great displays planned.  Look forward to seeing them and good luck with the event.  :wave:

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2013, 21:52:03 »
Thanks for the update, Elaine, you've obviously been working very hard.

Late this afternoon, after a friend who had been staying with us had left, started looking at what space there was for buildings etc on my layout.  I also need to do some careful measuring for the extra supporting board I need to make.
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline Salamander

• Playmo Addict
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2013, 21:56:15 »
Wish I could see it in person, but will have to make do with photos! Good luck with it! :)

Offline skypurr

• Crafty Klicky
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2013, 22:04:59 »
Not made as much progress as I had hoped today, spent most of the day shopping seeing as next week my time will be more or less spent at the hall.
Went to buy bright green paint for the boards only to find that my usual supplier hadn't any  :0
Luckily Homebase do a paint mixing service so managed to get the colour I wanted.  Also, thanks to ebay linking to Nectar cards, I had enough points gathered from all my recent buys to pay for the paint and more!  ;D

Offline basilsdad

• Playmo Master
« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2013, 03:04:07 »
You guys must be so tired, but happy.  Best of luck and thanks for the updates . . . so exciting!

Joe
"One cat just leads to another."
 - Ernest Hemingway

Offline skypurr

• Crafty Klicky
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2013, 06:04:49 »
Just had 2 (very) late nights so not had time to post.

All boards painted.  There was a slight delay when someone (not me) dropped a tin of whit paint on the floor  :0  Managed to get it all off the floor/door/walls eventually!

Making steady progress now, 2 displays finished apart from some of the finer details, Working on the buildings on the Western and modern street yesterday. 

I bought the western school but didn't like the colour so have changed it - really pleased`with it now, I'll try to post some photos tomorrow.

Have to take James out this afternoon so only morning and evening to spend at the hall today.
Will try to update progress tonight.

Elaine

Offline Birdie

• Playmo Master
« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2013, 07:17:50 »
I'm curious about the western school now  :yup: