Author Topic: 4006 Dragon Rock SuperSet  (Read 9596 times)

Offline Wolf Knight

• Playmo Guru
4006 Dragon Rock SuperSet
« on: January 06, 2011, 09:04:57 »
Hi all,

I run the word Drachenfels on a translator and it came out as ''Dragon Rock''.

I was really anxious to get this set, not only because there is a black dragon of the latest design in it but because it also has two unique coat of arms... so to speak...

So here is the box and its contents sealed in bags... All look fine, or are they?....

Offline Wolf Knight

• Playmo Guru
Re: 4006 Dragon Rock SuperSet
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2011, 09:24:41 »
I'll start with the rock itself, taking you to more important items (literary the knights and dragon  ;D)

I am not sure if this land scape was used before for a superset. To tell the truth I am not very thrilled by it... It has two holes, presumably one being the dragon's nest, in which the dragon does not fit at all  ??? no place to settle down... unless you land him on the lid of the secret treasure chamber/ tomb in the rock... Playmobil could at least include a skeleton for that tomb...

But the most strange part of this specific set was that it was missing various little items: 1) the small flames (I added them from my spare parts), 2) the chain for the dragon, 3) the clip that goes into the rock and holds the chain, which is totaly different from the one I attempted to use from my spares... 4) a crow... Talking about a minor failure in quality control here... Whats wrong Playmobil? Its fine by me that only these items were missing, no great loss, but what if it was a knight's accessory or something more important? I know I could order them from DS but as I bought this set form a german ebay seller, germany DS might be out of the question... And I doubt Playmobil Hellas DS, not having this set yet, would be able to help...

I have noticed that in most of the newer sets I bought recently, there are no spare little parts, like an extra cuff or dagger etc...but missing main components? thats strange... Please don't let my verdict imply that this will be the case with all the 4006 sets. Maybe this was an exception... Then again, we won't know if we don't get another one of this set...

Offline Wolf Knight

• Playmo Guru
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2011, 09:36:25 »
Ok, now off to more important items  ;D

I really really really love these two new knights!!!

The red one looks like a barbarian of some kind, or a dragonslaye judging on his armour, with all the dark grey armour parts its I believe unique! Especially his helmet, as there is no such dark grey helmet in any dragonland set!!!

The blue knight is awesome!!!  :omg: :omg: :omg: :omg: :omg: He is, without a second thought, the best knight playmobil has designed in these last years, if not ever... I love his blue combination with the rune signs and this great helm!!! And the orange torso gives a nice background for is body armour!!!  :(o): Even this type of belt, which most of us dislike so much, looks great on him!

We have two new coat of arms here, if we can call them that... the dragon head on the yellow background of the dragonslayer and the red/blue/grey rune for the knight!!! Very nice designs indeed!!!

Offline Wolf Knight

• Playmo Guru
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2011, 09:44:04 »
Finally, the dragon, or more accurately the wyvern, itself! 

Nothing new here, apart from the fact that he is coloured black, as opposed to his red,green and blue simblings!!!

Offline Wolf Knight

• Playmo Guru
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2011, 09:50:10 »
To sum up, I'd give this set a 7 out of 10... and thats because the land scape could be better designed... 1) loose the flames or designed a better fiery pool 2) add an appropriate nest for the dragon, 3) add a skeleton for the tomb

If an adult collector wants to get this set, the knights and dragon will make your worth while... but If you can get them from DS, then all the better... Still, if your kid wants this set, don't hesitate to get it for him. I know if I was a kid I'd spend a lot of hours playing with it!

Thanks for reading!!!  :wave:

Offline Gis

• Playmo Master
  • Polar Bears are cool!
« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2011, 09:51:18 »
Great review Sir Wolf. It is really a great set of which I am sure I will get several of once I will get my hands on it.

However my gripe with it is that eventhough I love the new design of the klickies, this would have been a great place to put more of the new Lion/Falcon knights to expand on that theme.

I really like the landscape as I know it will work very well for Zoo exhibits :-)

Offline CountBogro

• desperate poet
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2011, 09:59:09 »
Thanks Sir Wolf for the review.

It's definitly a set that I want. I agree with Gis, it would have been better if it had been a addition to the Lion/ Falcon knights or any other already existing heraldry.
Still - the new knights look awesome.

Bogro
... and then dusk came and brought despair.

Offline Wolf Knight

• Playmo Guru
« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2011, 10:03:17 »
Great review Sir Wolf. It is really a great set of which I am sure I will get several of once I will get my hands on it.

However my gripe with it is that eventhough I love the new design of the klickies, this would have been a great place to put more of the new Lion/Falcon knights to expand on that theme.

I really like the landscape as I know it will work very well for Zoo exhibits :-)

Zoo exhibits!! Yes indeed it would work very well for that Gis!!!

As for expanding the new knights theme,don't forget there is aready this superset 7495 - Rittergefecht to cover that need, althought the landscape has been used in earlier supersets too!

Maybe they could issue these knights as specials...

Offline cowabounga

• Playmo Master
« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2011, 10:07:06 »
Great review Panos. Thanks. I'm not a fan of those chicken dragons anyway but the sets seems to contain some really interesting parts, e.g. the dark grey dragon helmet.
Cheers,
Arnaud
Life in the so called space age...

Offline Heronimus

• Playmo Addict
« Reply #9 on: January 06, 2011, 10:41:25 »
Thanks for this review!!!....this dragon grows on me....although it looks so chicken.....
Its look is very agile. I like the green one the best, but this black one is cool to add into the dragon team.
But the colour of these knights are very tacky.  :-\
Afterall....this is indeed a very nice purchase for collectors or beginners!!!!!!!!!!!!! Keep this up, PLAYMOBIL
« Last Edit: January 06, 2011, 11:00:53 by Heronimus »