Author Topic: US DS Recent Order Comments  (Read 2680 times)

Offline Tiermann

• Playmo Master
  • Playmosaurus friendus
    • Animobil
US DS Recent Order Comments
« on: June 28, 2011, 18:30:32 »
I got my most recent order from US DS last week. There had been a significant change this time. All of the parts were heat sealed into plastic bags, each separately sealed in a a strip bag, except for duplicates of the same part that were together. In the past they have always just arrived loose in a large bag, with maybe a smaller bag of the small loose parts mixed together.
The other big surprise was that there wasn't a single error in the order. I've been ordering parts from them for maybe 4 years and this is the first time ever that there wasn't an error of some sort - wrong items or wrong quantities etc. On the one hand all the extra packaging isn't environmentally friendly, but on the other if it gets them to be totally accurate that's a step in the right direction. Sorry I ripped into them all before thinking to take photos.

Offline Luis

• Playmo Master
Re: US DS Recent Order Comments
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2011, 18:52:31 »
that's interesting

do all the DS departments make errors like wrong duplicates, parts, etc? ???
Enjoy the elegance and fun of 1900 with The Victorians photo story! :gent: ;D :sherlock:

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2011, 19:15:45 »
I'll see how my next UK DS order is packed (I can't remember if the most recent one was different from earlier ones).  It may be that the greater accuracy is because the weight of the items which go in each bag is computer recorded and the bag then check-weighed and if the weight of the bag doesn't match what the computer expects, then an error warning is generated.
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline Wolf Knight

• Playmo Guru
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2011, 20:51:25 »
Yes thats how our DS order arrive... each item seperated into their own bags, but not sealed, unless its a large duplicat amount. We do get mistakes too, parts missing or different parts arrived than the ones we ordered, but until now nothing too serious.

Offline cowabounga

• Playmo Master
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2011, 20:53:41 »
I'll see how my next UK DS order is packed (I can't remember if the most recent one was different from earlier ones).  It may be that the greater accuracy is because the weight of the items which go in each bag is computer recorded and the bag then check-weighed and if the weight of the bag doesn't match what the computer expects, then an error warning is generated.
I second Gordon on that. Probably the orders are now computer monitored in some way. Which should be understood as: PM invested on their DS, so they're taking us more seriously than before, and may provide us with a better service from now on. I mean, who else but collectors (I meant playmofreaks) like us really uses Ds for two or three parts their children lost from a set?  ;D
But that is looking on the bright side of life, maybe I'm wrong.
Best,
Arnaud.

PS: BTW, on my latest order I got 49 black feathers for my knights' helmets instead of 20! Lucky Grangel got some extra feathers then.  :lol: :lol:
Life in the so called space age...

Offline bonniebeth

• playmo zoo architect
  • Playmo Guru
    • my youtube channel
« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2011, 21:00:59 »
I've only recently made my first DS order, I've now made two. The first one arrived in strips of bags, each holding one or two kinds of parts. The second one was a small enough order that it was shipped in an envelope, only about 15 different items, most of them in multiples, and it was in one big bag inside the envelope. Neither one had any errors.
My playmobil zoo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-0grq9acog
In the end, we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. We will understand only what we are taught.

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2011, 15:41:30 »
I have been noticing the change for some time. A long time ago I used to get it all in one heat sealed bag with all the parts in a heap. Slowly over time I have noticed smaller and smaller baggies. I have had some orders come with everything individually in tiny zip-lock baggies. I have had some orders where half the order was in one big heat sealed bag and the other half in seperate sealed baggies.

I have had errors in every single order. Missing parts, wrong quantities, parts I did not order, etc.... It is never a big deal, I just call and they are glad (well maybe not) to remedy the situation.

To me it really does not make a difference as long as I can get the parts. I would prefer that they do what ever get the system efficient so the prices can stay reasonable and the effort, on both parties, is low.
If you hear the sound of the bell which will tell you that Grigori has been killed, if it was your relations who have wrought my death, then no one in the family will remain alive. They will be killed by the Russian people. :prays:

Offline mike1003

• Playmo Master
« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2011, 07:32:58 »
sometimes i have some errors in a uk order. but i always get it corrected as they are very helpfull. it was never an issue.. only once they send me a different part which was £120 ( bands for the snowmobile which i didnt ordert but got charged, only realized too late) and they took it back. also when i get spare parts and they are wrong (my fault) most of the times they very helpfull in taking it back and refunding it.

to be honest, the uk DS is much more active as the german. iam now 2 weeks in germany and the german DS takes soooooooo long to come back to me on emails, the only plus is the dispatch time. but as far as i know the orders come from Gemrnay all the time.. so thats why uk takes a bit but since they use UPS its getting faster aswell.

not sure about the US or Ca DS service but i guess they stocking it somewhere oversees, otherwise they wouldnt still sell those old beauties like the 7411!

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
« Reply #8 on: July 01, 2011, 10:37:07 »
My latest UK DS order came yesterday.  All the spares were in one large, sealed bag and within that most were in smaller bags but unsealed. There were a few larger items just loose within the large sealed bag.
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline playmogal

• places for playmo women to go
  • Playmo Master
  • The bride and groom topper-my son's wedding cake
« Reply #9 on: July 01, 2011, 11:43:09 »
The order I received last week from US DS had each item in a separate heat sealed bag. It was lovely! Amanda does a wonderful job at US DS.
Usually one error per order, but they seem to be fixing this.

If you very carefully check out the parts on the invoice they send for a quote, you can catch many errors before they are shipped.

Glad to see the improved service as the lack of parts slows down everything I build, and most of these parts are not available (in quantities needed if at all) on eBay.

Cheers, Pgal :wave:
After two decades of male toys (esp. Lego and PM) in our house, it is time to build something for us women!