Author Topic: 4295 Spanish Treasure Rowboat  (Read 6942 times)

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
Re: 4295 Spanish Treasure Rowboat
« Reply #10 on: September 15, 2009, 03:57:07 »
Gepetto I think you are just going to have to come to the same conclusion I did and that is "Do not fight it, just buy them all" Some other nameless members have taught me this but they have the "X" factor going  :o
« Last Edit: September 15, 2009, 18:28:40 by Rasputin »
If you hear the sound of the bell which will tell you that Grigori has been killed, if it was your relations who have wrought my death, then no one in the family will remain alive. They will be killed by the Russian people. :prays:

Offline Gepetto

• Playmo Master
« Reply #11 on: September 15, 2009, 15:51:28 »
Sigh, I  guess you are right Rasputin, why spend the energy fighting the inevitable, my Egyptian army (mob) is just about complete so a few Spaniards do not seem out of the question.

Gepetto

Offline Justindo

• Playmo Master
« Reply #12 on: September 16, 2009, 02:25:08 »
Sigh, I  guess you are right Rasputin, why spend the energy fighting the inevitable, my Egyptian army (mob) is just about complete so a few Spaniards do not seem out of the question.

Gepetto

What will your Egyptian army consist of?
:egypt: :roman: :viking: :knight: :arrr: :indian: :cowboy:

Offline Gepetto

• Playmo Master
« Reply #13 on: September 16, 2009, 02:36:39 »
What will your Egyptian army consist of?

Well, I started with 5 of the 4245 sets and realized I don't have anyone for them to fight and since I am not going into the Sphinx or Pyramid and I couldn't use them against my Crusaders I kind of reached a dead end. My Egyptian mob is stopped at 20 foot soldiers, 5 mounted archers, 1 chariot. I am going to concentrate on the grave robbers since they have a more timeless quality that would work better for my crusader army and the 4691 special.

Gepetto

Offline Justindo

• Playmo Master
« Reply #14 on: September 16, 2009, 07:15:24 »
Well, I started with 5 of the 4245 sets and realized I don't have anyone for them to fight and since I am not going into the Sphinx or Pyramid and I couldn't use them against my Crusaders I kind of reached a dead end. My Egyptian mob is stopped at 20 foot soldiers, 5 mounted archers, 1 chariot. I am going to concentrate on the grave robbers since they have a more timeless quality that would work better for my crusader army and the 4691 special.

Gepetto

Thanks for the information, Gepetto.  So I guess you collect the Knight's theme but not the Romans?  I collect both themes, but my primary interest is the Romans, hence my interest in the Egyptians.  I'm in the process of accumulating some 4245 sets and I want to get some 4691 Specials too.  I plan to use the former as enemies for my Romans and the latter for enemies of both my Romans and my Crusaders.  You're right that the Egyptians can't really fight Crusaders, although I suppose they could.  Are you planning on having your Egyptians fight anyone?  An army of 25 Egyptians is a pretty good number, but they need an opponent.  The Romans are great for this. ;)

Offline Gepetto

• Playmo Master
« Reply #15 on: September 16, 2009, 16:16:11 »
Thanks for the information, Gepetto.  So I guess you collect the Knight's theme but not the Romans?  I collect both themes, but my primary interest is the Romans, hence my interest in the Egyptians.  I'm in the process of accumulating some 4245 sets and I want to get some 4691 Specials too.  I plan to use the former as enemies for my Romans and the latter for enemies of both my Romans and my Crusaders.  You're right that the Egyptians can't really fight Crusaders, although I suppose they could.  Are you planning on having your Egyptians fight anyone?  An army of 25 Egyptians is a pretty good number, but they need an opponent.  The Romans are great for this. ;)

Hello Justindo,

I had completely overlooked the Romans and the Egyptians!! :doh:  :o Okay, well here I go to get some more 4245s (Learning Palace is a local store catering to educators and has been running a 15% off sale and this week only 20% so the timing is good). I do collect Romans and have about 5 legions of 60 men each just lazing around building roads so this would be great! I also collect anything that could toss a glance or throw a stone from cavemen to Napoleonic. Thank you for re-kindling the flame! :wow: :wow:

Gepetto

Offline Justindo

• Playmo Master
« Reply #16 on: September 17, 2009, 02:01:30 »
You have 5 legions of 60 men each?!  That's 300 Romans!  With your new Egyptians, that makes for a huge battle!

Offline Gepetto

• Playmo Master
« Reply #17 on: September 17, 2009, 02:19:50 »
When you say it, 300 sounds like too  many, I prefer just 5 legions :yup: :yup:  I imagine 60 Egyptians should give a good account of themselves.

Gepetto

Offline Martin Milner

• Eugene, Oregon, USA
  • Playmo Master
    • An Englishman in Eugene
« Reply #18 on: September 17, 2009, 07:25:53 »
You kept that lot of 300 Romans quiet Gepetto! How about a photo?

Offline Gepetto

• Playmo Master
« Reply #19 on: September 17, 2009, 16:39:15 »
Ha ha! Any photos of my Playmobil collection would just be of stacks of plastic tubs! Wait a minute, that's not so funny after all!  ??? :'(

Gepetto