Author Topic: The New Look on the Playmobil Website  (Read 7247 times)

Offline Pynedor

• Playmo Master
Re: The New Look on the Playmobil Website
« Reply #40 on: April 26, 2012, 19:12:33 »
They are releasing that Celt special, so maybe there is hope for some northern European "History" sets that are later than the cavemen. ;)
~Pynedor~

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #41 on: April 26, 2012, 19:35:25 »
Playmobil as a company want to make  toys that  sell and long gone are some standards and ethics set by the creator of it all Hans Beck.

Hans Beck had very little say in how the company was run, he was a toy designer not an executive. Times change and so do marketing tactics. What worked then does not now.

Today there are rockets, lasers, auto look like guns, angry faces and some very weird sets if you ask me .
If we asked you all we would have is medieval and  Nuremberg Guards, not very fun to a broad audience  ;)

BUT not all companies are like playmobil some companies didint trade their product values and principles for profit but worked for maximising profit withing those values/principles instead..
Really, who ?

anyways as for the Romans the arena was a very poor choice given its bloody history and the so many people who died in them. i think it was a very very  poor choice by playmobil if you ask me and not surprised it obviously didn't sell
As if the medieval theme does not have a bloody past

i would rather see playmobil shutting down that turning into a toy line that will have nothing to share with how it started.. anyways.....this whole notion links to the new website too  

Really, Porsche is not doing the same as Professor Ferdinand started but I bet you would not want to see it shut down, its a business to make money not a church/culture  :eh?:

If you hear the sound of the bell which will tell you that Grigori has been killed, if it was your relations who have wrought my death, then no one in the family will remain alive. They will be killed by the Russian people. :prays:

Offline Bolingbroke

• Playmo Master
« Reply #42 on: April 26, 2012, 20:48:23 »
It would be interesting to see what the flagship sets of each theme (eg the arena, or the new pirate island) sell, compared to the smaller sets. Ive no doubt that price plays a big role there, and it is one of the reasons why - I think - the arena didnt sell that much.
"Company, villanous company, hath been the spoil of me."

Offline Pynedor

• Playmo Master
« Reply #43 on: April 26, 2012, 21:02:15 »
The design of the arena didn't seem all that great to me. It didn't seem to be good enough for the price, anyway. The Roman theme is definitely an interesting one, even though the Romans I have are always used as enemies :lol:, but I reckon the arena would have sold better as its flagship set if it was more robustly made or included more.
~Pynedor~

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #44 on: April 26, 2012, 21:23:48 »
The design of the arena didn't seem all that great to me. It didn't seem to be good enough for the price, anyway. The Roman theme is definitely an interesting one, even though the Romans I have are always used as enemies :lol:, but I reckon the arena would have sold better as its flagship set if it was more robustly made or included more.

for one a  straight wall section. Then we could have made large areans for chariot races or ?

The Sphinx was a strange set to me.  The house was nice but I would have preferred it to be stecks or even system x. The way it is now is so limiting. I think the pyramid was the big seller. I see it very often for sale used, at least a lot more than any other set from this theme.

I love the roman theme and bought them all many times.
If you hear the sound of the bell which will tell you that Grigori has been killed, if it was your relations who have wrought my death, then no one in the family will remain alive. They will be killed by the Russian people. :prays:

Offline Elric

• Playmo Master
« Reply #45 on: April 27, 2012, 21:50:26 »
I think someone has mentioned it already but I can confirm that the faces are gone on the new soccer stuff. It has sports and action printed on the box beside the logo.

Offline Luis

• Playmo Master
« Reply #46 on: April 28, 2012, 00:46:33 »
my guess is that they didn't use a very christmasy logo for the christmas theme so that it sells in other seasons of the year? (not many people find appropiate seeing seasonal ads when it's not even winter)

or who knows, but it's indeed odd ???
Enjoy the elegance and fun of 1900 with The Victorians photo story! :gent: ;D :sherlock: