Author Topic: 3665 set - prices and availability  (Read 2666 times)

Offline Giorginetto

• Playmo Master
  • Playmobil Aficionado
    • TheGiorginetto channel
3665 set - prices and availability
« on: May 08, 2014, 19:38:51 »
I am shocked to see how the 3665 Baron's Tower  MISB set have rocketed (as well as the pyramid MISB sets btw  8} ). i have two of these 3665 sets MISB even in the playmobil outside brown cardboard that i have been toying with the idea to open them . might be a good idea to keep my MISB sets ( and just buy two open sets of course ) . My next yellow dragons rock castle/temple will have one of these lovelies at each corner . i suppose the wise thing is to get two open sets and keep these MISB sets ... any opinions welcomed.  :wave:
:knight: Steck is Holy . Bring back more steck sets and its guardians , the Nuremberg Guards :knight:

Offline Pynedor

• Playmo Master
Re: 3665 set - prices and availability
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2014, 19:57:19 »
I know what you mean. I've always wanted this set, but they are very expensive now. :-\ I'd keep those ones in the boxes and get others if you can.
~Pynedor~

Offline Robbie

• Playmo Master
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2014, 14:11:26 »
What prices are these going for? I looked on eBay and saw them selling for around $100. I know a mom and pop shop that still has them for $94.

Offline Rhalius

• Playmo Master
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2014, 15:38:21 »
I never really considered getting the tower due to how much room it takes up with that rock piece. It's a nice set though, if you have room for it.  :)

Offline Giorginetto

• Playmo Master
  • Playmobil Aficionado
    • TheGiorginetto channel
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2014, 20:05:54 »
What prices are these going for? I looked on eBay and saw them selling for around $100. I know a mom and pop shop that still has them for $94.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Playmobil-Knights-Barons-Battle-Castle-3665-New-Sealed-Rare-/291136427301?pt=Pretend_Play_Preschool_US&hash=item43c9155525

MISB can be pricey from what i have seen on ebay .. must be pretty rare too i would imagine by now....
:knight: Steck is Holy . Bring back more steck sets and its guardians , the Nuremberg Guards :knight:

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2014, 13:44:59 »
$500 for a barrons tower, used you can pick one up for way less easy. We have about 6 or so of them and they are great sets for a castle.

George, I would keep them MISB and just buy some cheap used ones.
If you hear the sound of the bell which will tell you that Grigori has been killed, if it was your relations who have wrought my death, then no one in the family will remain alive. They will be killed by the Russian people. :prays:

Offline Giorginetto

• Playmo Master
  • Playmobil Aficionado
    • TheGiorginetto channel
« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2014, 06:32:08 »
$500 for a barrons tower, used you can pick one up for way less easy. We have about 6 or so of them and they are great sets for a castle.

George, I would keep them MISB and just buy some cheap used ones.

.. adnthats what i am doing ... i was so keen to open them up but i have decided to keep them MISB  :wave:

Offline Bolingbroke

• Playmo Master
« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2014, 14:32:42 »
Just because sellers are asking for that much, doesn't mean it's worth the money. It's the same with 3627 - there's one selling Buy Now for 250 euro, when until some time ago you could get them MISB for much, much less. The concept of 'collectors' is what ruined it for everyone, Playmobil or otherwise. Everyone wants big $$$ nowadays for their toys.
"Company, villanous company, hath been the spoil of me."

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #8 on: May 13, 2014, 17:31:55 »
Just because sellers are asking for that much, doesn't mean it's worth the money. It's the same with 3627 - there's one selling Buy Now for 250 euro, when until some time ago you could get them MISB for much, much less. The concept of 'collectors' is what ruined it for everyone, Playmobil or otherwise. Everyone wants big $$$ nowadays for their toys.

Ya but you can separate them out. If something is "collected" a value has been created. The value is open to interpretation and the open free market will dictate the realized value. These prices are crazy high for you and I but it's just a test of the market, AKA fishing. Patience and persistence will eventually win.

What in particular did high prices for 20 year old new sets ruin? There is more playmobil now than ever?
If you hear the sound of the bell which will tell you that Grigori has been killed, if it was your relations who have wrought my death, then no one in the family will remain alive. They will be killed by the Russian people. :prays:

Offline Rhalius

• Playmo Master
« Reply #9 on: May 14, 2014, 05:03:53 »
Just need patience, it may show up for a reasonable price.

Seems its just western houses and medieval houses that didnt get a rerelease yet that have costs off the charts. Its quite rediculous.