Author Topic: Santa Castle  (Read 14784 times)

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
Re: Santa Castle
« Reply #20 on: December 22, 2005, 09:40:00 »
Again, excellent photos and an excellent setup, Tim.

You have a great eye for putting in detail, the reindeer blanket hung on the stand under the arches, the figures there and sso on, and of course Little Joe.

The tree is a great idea and beautifully put together.
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline Little Jo

• Tool Master
  • Playmo Master
    • Little Jo's PlaymoWorld
« Reply #21 on: December 22, 2005, 10:18:33 »
*LOL*   :lol: :lol:

That's cool  8-) I'm very honoured, to be part of your diorama. (Noticing the closeup, I went back to you overall view and realized that Little Jo also was there, but I didn't noticed this detail at the first sight.) -- Now I know, for what the customizing of this figure was for  ;)
Hm, might be a little bit difficult, to hide the Timosaurus in one of my future dioramas/scenes ...  ???

The closeups are lovely. Many of details now can be recognized there. I like the red nose of Rudolph (and also noticed the one of the Timosaurus Avatar). The snow is really great; in the closeup it looks so realistic with the light glittering at it. I have to check where I can get this too. This opens up quite a lot of new possibilities.

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
« Reply #22 on: December 22, 2005, 10:55:17 »
Hm, might be a little bit difficult, to hide the Timosaurus in one of my future dioramas/scenes ...  ???

Not if you made it 22.5 scale!  ;D
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline Little Jo

• Tool Master
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #23 on: December 22, 2005, 11:02:08 »
Not if you made it 22.5 scale!  ;D

Yes, for sure, this might be easier  ;D

Hm, quite an intersting thought ... to shrink the Timosaurus so it might become a Playmo-scaled toy for the klickies, more or less a meta-timosaurus ...  ;)

Offline Meg

• Playmo Addict
« Reply #24 on: December 22, 2005, 14:29:21 »
Now, several of us will be looking for a sparkling white fleece at fabric stores after Xmas

I love the scene, with all its details.
Thank you for the closeup of little Jo.  I would not have spotted him without the extra help.

What is/are the shiny red stuff, behind the door where the elves/aliens are?

M

Offline Tiermann

• Playmo Master
  • Playmosaurus friendus
    • Animobil
« Reply #25 on: December 22, 2005, 20:14:29 »
Hi,
First off - be aware the fleece and the sparkle are two different things. The fleece gives a good solid white background. I actually ironed it when it was on the table to make a smooth surface. The sparkle is coming from some of that sprinkle on snow that I bought in a large bag. It's the same thing you see on the roofs and paths but lightly dusted over the whole surface - easy to do when you are trying to get it to stick on the roof.

The red you see inside behind hte aliens is a string of battery powered mini led lights with red bulbs. They are from Ikea. My night time pictures haven't turned out too well, still haven't found the right lighting combination. It looks great witht he red light coming out through the open door. I am hoping for lights on sale this year so I can get some more of these little lights to do something around the castle walls next year.

Offline Serenity

• Playmo Lover
  • just call me Mal
« Reply #26 on: December 22, 2005, 20:33:10 »
Try Walgreens for the battery powered mini-lights ... I found them pretty cheap this year and was using them inside, but I just scavanged my decorations for them to light up my own Santa's Castle.  ;D
"Do you know what the chain of command is here? It's the chain I go get and beat you with to show you who's in command."

Offline Little Jo

• Tool Master
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #27 on: December 23, 2005, 20:35:02 »
Aehm, now I'm wondering so, just a general question: What is this Santa Castle about? Did I miss anything? It seems that several people (at least two  :) ) are preparing their Santa Castle. Is this a habit/custom/practice like the Christmas Crib/Nativity Manger?

Offline Serenity

• Playmo Lover
  • just call me Mal
« Reply #28 on: December 23, 2005, 20:51:09 »
Well, for us, we have all this cool Playmobil Steck castle pieces ... and I never get to play with it, 'cause DH and the little guy are playing with it  :hmm:  :P  Since, I'm the family Christmas-aholic, if I tell DH I'm commandeering it for a Christmas suprise, then it's the one time of year he backs away (I have Santa Magic, and I'm not afraid to use it!<*)  :P

We also have the Playmo Advent calendar, and the Nativity scene  ;D
"Do you know what the chain of command is here? It's the chain I go get and beat you with to show you who's in command."

Offline Meg

• Playmo Addict
« Reply #29 on: December 24, 2005, 00:29:11 »
Hi Joe  :wave:

There is no cultural tradition of a Santa Castle.
But its a great way to use Steck pieces in every season of the year