Author Topic: Have they started liking money?  (Read 3558 times)

Offline Salamander

• Playmo Addict
Re: Have they started liking money?
« Reply #10 on: December 04, 2014, 22:48:31 »
I hope they make this right for you. That's an absurd amount for a single flower, and the description implies multiples (ie a sprue.)

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #11 on: December 05, 2014, 14:29:54 »
More like they started stealing money, I recall getting only full spruces of flowers and toasts, never individuals. I bet they have a new staff member who interprets things poorly. Earning money is one thing but this hopefully is not a new trend of trickery.
If you hear the sound of the bell which will tell you that Grigori has been killed, if it was your relations who have wrought my death, then no one in the family will remain alive. They will be killed by the Russian people. :prays:

Offline GrahamB

• Playmo Master
    • Playmofanatic
« Reply #12 on: December 08, 2014, 17:26:57 »
Well I had an exchange of emails today with Claire at PM(UK). It seems these parts are now to be supplied as SINGLE flowerheads (not withstanding the descriptions online and on the invoice- which clearly imply they are sets of flowerheads). So PM have started liking money!

Claire has agreed to make up the shortfall between what I received and what I thought I would receive. But it is clear this is a one-off and in future I should only expect single flowerheads for these two part numbers. The website descriptions are beyond their control but they are 'working on them'. I decided not to mention the Sale of Goods Act, of which they are in contravention IMO. Presumably they avoid such legal niceties by making good the customer's expectations when challenged!

I really value the spare parts service PM provide and wouldn't want to see it diminished or withdrawn. But it is worrying that parts are being offered at rather mad prices!
At that moment the ship suddenly stopped rocking and swaying, the engine pitch settled down to a gentle hum. 'Hey Ford.' said Zaphod, 'that sounds good. Have you worked out the controls on this boat?' 'No,' said Ford, 'I just stopped fiddling with them.' (With thanks to Douglas Adams)

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #13 on: December 09, 2014, 15:45:46 »
Well I had an exchange of emails today with Claire at PM(UK). It seems these parts are now to be supplied as SINGLE flowerheads (not withstanding the descriptions online and on the invoice- which clearly imply they are sets of flowerheads). So PM have started liking money!

Claire has agreed to make up the shortfall between what I received and what I thought I would receive. But it is clear this is a one-off and in future I should only expect single flowerheads for these two part numbers. The website descriptions are beyond their control but they are 'working on them'. I decided not to mention the Sale of Goods Act, of which they are in contravention IMO. Presumably they avoid such legal niceties by making good the customer's expectations when challenged!

I really value the spare parts service PM provide and wouldn't want to see it diminished or withdrawn. But it is worrying that parts are being offered at rather mad prices!

That's not good news   :-\ I always need more flowers, but at these prices, I think not.
If you hear the sound of the bell which will tell you that Grigori has been killed, if it was your relations who have wrought my death, then no one in the family will remain alive. They will be killed by the Russian people. :prays:

Offline GrahamB

• Playmo Master
    • Playmofanatic
« Reply #14 on: May 15, 2015, 09:14:54 »
The story continues...
I recently ordered FIVE of 'Gold tops (5)' 30218460 (this is the description on Playmobil's website and my invoice, personally I call them finials- those spikes on the Victorian House roofs), expecting 5 sets of 5.
Yes, you guessed it, I received 5 SINGLE pieces. They cost £0.15 each.

So I sent a request to PM (UK) for the 20 pieces I did not receive, and the following message:

"I have raised before (over flowerheads) my concern that descriptions sometimes suggest several parts are offered for a given price, only to find on receiving the order that only one piece has been supplied. I am sure Geobra have no intention of deliberately misleading customers with part descriptions which imply a given number of parts are included. However, I have raised this concern before and am disappointed this has not been addressed. I do think parts such as these gold tops and flowerheads are grossly overpriced at 15 pence each, but I would at least have an informed choice about paying such prices if the descriptions did not include a number which implies better value for money.
I would be grateful if you would bring this matter to the attention of your manager and request he or she responds to me by email."

Watch this space...

At that moment the ship suddenly stopped rocking and swaying, the engine pitch settled down to a gentle hum. 'Hey Ford.' said Zaphod, 'that sounds good. Have you worked out the controls on this boat?' 'No,' said Ford, 'I just stopped fiddling with them.' (With thanks to Douglas Adams)

Offline GrahamB

• Playmo Master
    • Playmofanatic
« Reply #15 on: May 21, 2015, 18:15:06 »
I got a reply today from the PM (UK) Customer Service Supervisor:

"With regard to your comment about the description of some the parts being
misleading on our website. We are aware of this problem and have requested that
steps be taken to rectify this as soon as possible, as it can be confusing for
customers when ordering quantities of one part."

They have agreed to send me the 20 finials I expected. Seems crazy to work this way.

Offline Macruran

• desperate but not serious
  • Playmo Master
  • Hiya!
    • my incomplete collection spreadsheet
« Reply #16 on: May 22, 2015, 04:00:07 »
The stereotype is that a German company would be icily efficient. Playmobil is the redheaded stepchild of the Wunderwirtschaft.
"We like things in little." - G. Stein  
 :roman:

Offline Birdie

• Playmo Master
« Reply #17 on: May 22, 2015, 06:27:10 »
Ah well I'm glad they at least sent you the extra parts. Still, why is this happening over and over again?