Author Topic: 4339 Boy's MultiSet (Knight, Viking, etc.)  (Read 7469 times)

Offline Coyote

• Playmo Lover
Re: 4339 Boy's MultiSet (Knight, Viking, etc.)
« Reply #20 on: March 07, 2010, 22:33:48 »
Nice review and nice set-
Lots of good parts- would make a great gift to get a youngster into Playmo...
  Peoples Republic of Maine  :D

Offline Gis

• Playmo Master
  • Polar Bears are cool!
« Reply #21 on: May 31, 2010, 22:49:51 »
Great set review Andrew. I picked one of these up today and thought I check to see if there was a review already. And was happily surprised by your good work :-)

Note he's also got one of the new swords, without the downward-curving quillons. And the plume for his helmet is good, too. This is my favourite of the four characters.

I fully agree with you. To me the whole set is really made to make the knight look absolutely stunning. The clicky works for the other three charachters but not as good as for the knight.

Now here he is as the archer. The brown hood is a very nice new part, but I'm not quite sure how well it will work without some sort of shoulder covering in the same colour.

I am really a great fan of these hoods but must agree on your sentiment regarding the shoulder covering. I am planning on getting loads of 4694 (http://playmodb.org/cgi-bin/showinv.pl?setnum=4694). Black Hood, great cloak and those skulls will probably come in handy sometime *grin*

Personally, I don't that much care for the 'shoulder pads' with the lugs for quivers, wings, etc., but I'm sure there will be plenty of folks out there who will find good uses for them  :)

At first I agreed with you when I only saw them used for the Dragonknights wings. But then I got a 4926 (http://playmodb.org/cgi-bin/showinv.pl?set=4926) and was immidiately swayed. Using you can have him ride the horse with his bow and arrows both on his back. Many weapons have been worn on the back and this gives us another way to enable this.

I just need to order many of 30 202 207320's from DS!!

All in all a great set!

Offline Abbot Hamilton

• Playmo Fanatic
  • Diet of Worms?
« Reply #22 on: June 01, 2010, 20:16:14 »
Great review Andrew, there are some nice pieces included with this set. I especially like the brown hood and could see this used in some good custom klickies.

Abbot Hamilton
O brother where for art thou?

Offline Wolf Knight

• Playmo Guru
« Reply #23 on: June 01, 2010, 20:51:14 »
I cannot wait for this set to hit the greek toystores!!! I'll buy lots of them for customisations!!!

Offline Ali Baba

• prince of Oonowezu
  • Playmo Addict
  • Just say the magic word!
« Reply #24 on: June 01, 2010, 21:01:48 »
Nice review! Agreed about the coulours. Often they try to be too trendy with their choice of colours. Come on, purple vikings and barbarians????
The hottest babe is:

3645 Family Yacht Woman

Offline Ali Baba

• prince of Oonowezu
  • Playmo Addict
  • Just say the magic word!
« Reply #25 on: June 01, 2010, 21:06:50 »
Gis, I've got the hooded phantom 4694. I'll try to post a quick review.
The hottest babe is:

3645 Family Yacht Woman

Offline playmo1989

• Playmo Master
« Reply #26 on: June 01, 2010, 21:12:12 »
I cannot wait for this set to hit the greek toystores!!! I'll buy lots of them for customisations!!!

when will it come to greece?
The spirits rule !!!!

Offline Wolf Knight

• Playmo Guru
« Reply #27 on: June 01, 2010, 21:14:49 »

when will it come to greece?

who knows....

Offline playmo1989

• Playmo Master
« Reply #28 on: June 01, 2010, 21:27:10 »
we'll see
The spirits rule !!!!

Offline Heronimus

• Playmo Addict
« Reply #29 on: June 26, 2010, 11:32:45 »
Hi All,

Glad you like the review -- my first attempt at such.

Martin: I'm flattered you think I have so much self-control, but it's actually not quite true: my wife brought two of this set back from Germany. The first one did get ripped open pretty much immediately. The pictures in the review are of the second of the two boxes!

I might also have picked a slightly different colour scheme, but at least this guy is better than the pink/magenta barbarians of a few years ago. Of course I do have a sizeable force of said pink barbarians, but that's a topic for another thread!

Cheers,

AndrewL
Hi AndrewL

It really is a great review. It gets all the detail about the multiset. I too think the colour is not the best, especially the azure blue and orange. I prefer something more realistic looking. And thanks again for the review.